Offline rooster

• View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #1440 on: May 16, 2017, 11:27:24 PM »

« Reply #1441 on: May 16, 2017, 11:33:53 PM »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/murdered-dnc-staffer-seth-rich-had-sent-44000-internal-emails-to-wikileaks-report/article/2623186

Rich was killed as he walked home in D.C.. He was shot twice in the back but wasn't robbed. His wallet, cellphone, keys, watch and necklace were all left on him.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 11:35:25 PM by disputeone »

Rama Set

« Reply #1442 on: May 16, 2017, 11:39:08 PM »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/murdered-dnc-staffer-seth-rich-had-sent-44000-internal-emails-to-wikileaks-report/article/2623186

Rich was killed as he walked home in D.C.. He was shot twice in the back but wasn't robbed. His wallet, cellphone, keys, watch and necklace were all left on him.

Weird as fuck. But this is a Trump thread. To be clear, Trump conspiracies here, HRC conspiracies elsewhere.

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: May 16, 2017, 11:45:05 PM »
I'm blown away with the accelerating pace of scandalous news surrounding the current administration. WTF. We were dealt a shit hand this election cycle. The corruption has gone too far. Neither the douchebag nor the turd sandwich was interested in "draining the swamp" or fixing things for those of us actually working for a living. FML. Trump is an embarrassment to us all though. He can't even play the game.

« Reply #1444 on: May 16, 2017, 11:56:48 PM »
I'm blown away with the accelerating pace of scandalous news surrounding the current administration. WTF. We were dealt a shit hand this election cycle. The corruption has gone too far. Neither the douchebag nor the turd sandwich was interested in "draining the swamp" or fixing things for those of us actually working for a living. FML. Trump is an embarrassment to us all though. He can't even play the game.

This.

« Reply #1445 on: May 17, 2017, 12:05:26 AM »
I'm blown away with the accelerating pace of scandalous news surrounding the current administration.

The last week has been really bad for my productivity.

(Edit: Hello tfes! It seems the other site forgot to pay the light bill again.)

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: May 17, 2017, 12:59:07 AM »
Trump seems to have made a serious tactical error in firing Comey, especially the way he did it.  Comey's the guy with the dirt on everyone.  And I get the impression that he's planted a dead man's switch with all of these stories on Trump. 

This has probably been the most disturbing week since he's taken office.  I'm worried about the long term consequences if congress does nothing.  On the positive side I am laughing my ass off at the Republican's attempts to defend him.  My favorite so far has been McConnell's reaction to Trump giving highly classified information to the Russians.  A mob of reporters started asking him questions.  He just turned stone faced and walked straight out the door without saying a word.  Not even a "he's a different kind of president".  Hilarious.

« Reply #1447 on: May 17, 2017, 01:22:27 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/world/middleeast/israel-trump-classified-intelligence-russia.html

Oho.

Anyone know what was actually leaked?
We're sending foia requests now but the media isn't saying anything much yet.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: May 17, 2017, 02:07:40 AM »
I don't have an article handy but I think it was something about a terrorist plot involving turning a laptop into an bomb.

I think the issue with sharing this Intel is that it endangers the source.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: May 17, 2017, 02:18:59 AM »
Trump seems to have made a serious tactical error in firing Comey, especially the way he did it.  Comey's the guy with the dirt on everyone.  And I get the impression that he's planted a dead man's switch with all of these stories on Trump. 

This has probably been the most disturbing week since he's taken office.  I'm worried about the long term consequences if congress does nothing.  On the positive side I am laughing my ass off at the Republican's attempts to defend him.  My favorite so far has been McConnell's reaction to Trump giving highly classified information to the Russians.  A mob of reporters started asking him questions.  He just turned stone faced and walked straight out the door without saying a word.  Not even a "he's a different kind of president".  Hilarious.

Spicey literally hiding in the bushes to avoid taking questions was sublime.  I'm convinced that historians will look back on this time as our country's absurd period.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: May 17, 2017, 02:24:35 AM »
I'm convinced that historians will look back on this time as our country's absurd period.

I hope we are that fortunate. It's a slow motion train wreck. The longer it persists in this fashion, the more "absurd" becomes a term to hope for, versus alternatives like "unmitigated, self-inflicted disaster" or what-have-you.

« Reply #1451 on: May 17, 2017, 02:41:20 AM »
I don't have an article handy but I think it was something about a terrorist plot involving turning a laptop into an bomb.

I get that, I do. I just like knowing what's going on.

I'd like to make an opinion if the leaks were that bad or just being played up by the media. There isn't enough information available for me to know what's going on.

Also as you guys know I refuse to believe the news just cause it's the news. I like sources.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: May 17, 2017, 02:49:43 AM »

I get that, I do. I just like knowing what's going on.

I'd like to make an opinion if the leaks were that bad or just being played up by the media. There isn't enough information available for me to know what's going on.

Also as you guys know I refuse to believe the news just cause it's the news. I like sources.

Still glued to the couch but I will add that Trump isn't challenging the story. What he contends is that what he did was lawful. That's technically true but only in the same sense that it's lawful to drive a car you own into a river.

It looks embarrassing for Trump but to me the stories where he seems to be obstructing justice are more important.

« Reply #1453 on: May 17, 2017, 02:53:10 AM »

This has probably been the most disturbing week since he's taken office.  I'm worried about the long term consequences if congress does nothing...

Chaffetz (of all people) to the rescue! He just requested all memos/notes/summaries/recordings relating to communications between Comey and Trump to determine if there was an attempt to influence/impede the investigation. The deadline is May 24, and he publicly stated he is willing to subpoena it. At least they are actually doing something, finally.

Also, Lindsey Graham reportedly invited Comey to publicly testify before the senate. Should be interesting.

At this point, most of the details in the original WaPo report have been confirmed by Trump or McMaster. The exception being the severity/danger of the leaked material. At this point it is a he-said-she-said between the various news outlets and McMaster on whether the information given was inappropriate or dangerous.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: May 17, 2017, 03:02:53 AM »
I'm convinced that historians will look back on this time as our country's absurd period.

I hope we are that fortunate. It's a slow motion train wreck. The longer it persists in this fashion, the more "absurd" becomes a term to hope for, versus alternatives like "unmitigated, self-inflicted disaster" or what-have-you.

You're right, I really should have qualified that by saying "if we're lucky". But things seem to be spiralling fast now. If things keep going at this pace how much longer can Congress really turn a blind eye? The cracks are already showing.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #1455 on: May 17, 2017, 04:48:22 AM »

This has probably been the most disturbing week since he's taken office.  I'm worried about the long term consequences if congress does nothing...

Chaffetz (of all people) to the rescue! He just requested all memos/notes/summaries/recordings relating to communications between Comey and Trump to determine if there was an attempt to influence/impede the investigation. The deadline is May 24, and he publicly stated he is willing to subpoena it. At least they are actually doing something, finally.

Also, Lindsey Graham reportedly invited Comey to publicly testify before the senate. Should be interesting.

At this point, most of the details in the original WaPo report have been confirmed by Trump or McMaster. The exception being the severity/danger of the leaked material. At this point it is a he-said-she-said between the various news outlets and McMaster on whether the information given was inappropriate or dangerous.

Exactly right.

We don't know whether the information given was inappropriate or dangerous.

I look forward to the foia requests results, hopefully they give us what we want.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: May 17, 2017, 01:24:41 PM »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: May 17, 2017, 05:25:20 PM »
BREAKING: Putin threatens to uncover his own conspiracy!
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #1458 on: May 17, 2017, 09:41:57 PM »
BREAKING: Putin threatens to uncover his own conspiracy!

how so?  i assume you're referring to putin's remark about revealing what was said in the meeting, yeah?
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: May 17, 2017, 10:22:20 PM »
Maybe SexWarrior didn't read the article before commenting on it, idk