Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #340 on: July 26, 2021, 03:28:08 PM »
^ Claiming that a single disease wiped out over .3 percent of the world's population last year.

AMAZING!
Is that a response to me? How the hell did you get that from my post?
You really have to stop straw manning people.
Not a straw man.

Coronavirus has not killed .3 percent of the world's population.

The disease is a nothing burger.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 26, 2021, 03:48:20 PM »
Look it up yourself. I am not going to do work for you.

There are 7 billion people in the world.

Even if you take the inflated death toll numbers of this disease (and that is a fact the death toll was overreported and misattributed), this disease is a NOTHING BURGER and the only reason for its hype is to serve the BIG LIE, successfully promulgated and promoted by people like you.

There's no point in debating if you don't understand statistics, the basis for why this virus was so dangerous, hospitalization rates, or that 99.99999% of species "great and small" can't get this disease so the survival rate for them is 100%
There is also no point in debating if you do not have a point at all, but that has never stopped your attempts to do so in the past and I'll doubt you'll stop any time soon.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 26, 2021, 03:54:48 PM »
Coronavirus has not killed .3 percent of the world's population.
I never claimed it has. What are you going on about?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 26, 2021, 04:29:05 PM »
The most absolutely morally reprehensible thing ever foisted upon this forum is the fear mongering pushed by the usual crowd here. A disease that has a survivability rate of 99.7 percent for ALL creatures, great and small.

Think about it. A vaccine for a disease that has (at best, as the numbers were acknowledged to be inflated from the get go by Dr. Birx) a 99.7 percent survivability rate for EVERYONE!

Those pushing the fear agenda should go lie down in a corner somewhere.

I'm really not trying to fearmonger here. I'm just being real. If you want to put your individual rights above getting rid of this thing for good that's your prerogative; you're right, you have the right to be a douchebag and ruin life for everyone else.
At this particular point in time you have ZERO evidence for even making this statement.

Hence, you are not being REAL, you are being FALSE.
Just understand that that's what you're doing by standing up to the rights that Tucker Carlson tells you you should be standing up for.
Just understand I do not do what others tell me to do, unless they are in a position of authority over me (at this point in my life that would be my father and my current supervisor, and even in those cases, I would weigh any potential consequences in a determination as to whether or not I would comply with the directions given, as all thinking people should do). So, you are still not REAL and remain firmly FALSE.
Enjoy that empty exercise of "freedom".
I will enjoy every moment of my life, not bound by your ilk.
But I will be blaming you personally for everything bad we have to deal with from this thing from here on out, including any further restrictions on our freedom. If we have another lockdown it's your fault, Lackey. If a variant comes about that is resistant to the vaccine it's your fault, Lackey. Because Tucker Carlson told you to stand up for your rights, you puppet.

At this point I'm not going for fear. I'm more going for shame and possibly ostracization.
LOL!!! Good luck with that.

Good luck with what? Blaming you and everyone else who refuses to get vaccinated on the grounds that you shouldn't have to for all the problems we have from here on out? Um, ok. Not sure where you think the challenge is. Whether you want to couch it as a rights issue or not doesn't change things. You are the reason we are seeing a surge right now. If a variant comes about that is resistant to the vaccine, it's because you refused to get vaccinated ( the fact that you choose to remain ignorant rather than actually look into the science behind it really doesn't remove any blame). If we have another oppressive lockdown, it's because you chose to exercise your right not to benefit the greater good by getting vaccinated.

Not sure where you think "luck" comes into it. I can blame you with no effort at all!

Also, you are a puppet. But don't worry, most puppets don't realize they're being controlled in the service of someone else's agenda. It's what makes you folks so useful.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 04:34:46 PM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 26, 2021, 04:39:19 PM »
Look it up yourself. I am not going to do work for you.

There are 7 billion people in the world.

Even if you take the inflated death toll numbers of this disease (and that is a fact the death toll was overreported and misattributed), this disease is a NOTHING BURGER and the only reason for its hype is to serve the BIG LIE, successfully promulgated and promoted by people like you.

There's no point in debating if you don't understand statistics, the basis for why this virus was so dangerous, hospitalization rates, or that 99.99999% of species "great and small" can't get this disease so the survival rate for them is 100%
There is also no point in debating if you do not have a point at all, but that has never stopped your attempts to do so in the past and I'll doubt you'll stop any time soon.

My point was that you lack the basic understanding needed to present your case.
I'll add 'seeing the point' to your defficencies. 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 26, 2021, 05:41:03 PM »
Good luck with what?
Trying to separate fear from its children of shame and ostracization.
Blaming you and everyone else who refuses to get vaccinated on the grounds that you shouldn't have to for all the problems we have from here on out? Um, ok.
With no evidence. Which would be just as whimsical as everything else in your life.
Not sure where you think the challenge is. Whether you want to couch it as a rights issue or not doesn't change things. You are the reason we are seeing a surge right now.
Wrong.
If a variant comes about that is resistant to the vaccine, it's because you refused to get vaccinated ( the fact that you choose to remain ignorant rather than actually look into the science behind it really doesn't remove any blame). If we have another oppressive lockdown, it's because you chose to exercise your right not to benefit the greater good by getting vaccinated.
Wrong.
Not sure where you think "luck" comes into it. I can blame you with no effort at all!
Sure you can. As if I care.
Also, you are a puppet. But don't worry, most puppets don't realize they're being controlled in the service of someone else's agenda. It's what makes you folks so useful.
Promoting MSM fear mongering makes you the biggest puppet in the conversation.

Like I wrote in the other thread, people like you are directly responsible for the deaths of my brother-in-law and sister. Promoting policy actions such as a lockdown or even remotely thinking it could have possibly been justified.

The deaths are on your hands, not mine. Mine have faces.

I won't forget.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 05:44:52 PM by Action80 »

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 26, 2021, 06:12:15 PM »
Promoting MSM fear mongering makes you the biggest puppet in the conversation.

I'm doing nothing of the sort. The MSM is promoting the consensus of professionals around the globe, as am I. They are doing it in the interest of the greater good, as am I. You are basing your position on conspiracies and actual fearmongering by people with their own agendas that run counter to the greater good. HUGE difference.

If I'm a puppet of anything, it's of the common sense approach that in the midst of a health crisis you follow the guidelines of the professionals, not of Breitbart and Tucker Carlson. And I'm fine with that.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 26, 2021, 06:57:39 PM »
^Imagine living in a world where an appeal to numbers makes you right and a greater good could possibly exist.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 06:59:42 PM by Action80 »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 26, 2021, 07:28:29 PM »
^Imagine living in a world where an appeal to numbers makes you right and a greater good could possibly exist.

Are you against facts, and are you promoting selfishness?  Because thats what this statement looks like to me.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 26, 2021, 07:40:20 PM »

Are you against facts, and are you promoting selfishness?  Because thats what this statement looks like to me.

He was a Trump supporter. This tracks.

He's also admitted to being incredibly greedy and selfish in the past (see my sig). So yeah, this is what we're dealing with. This is why we're seeing surging numbers now. Selfish people like Lackey who say fuck the greater good, it's every man for himself. That's what makes it so easy to blame him, his attitude is (at this point) expressly one of extreme selfishness.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 07:45:39 PM by Roundy »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 26, 2021, 08:02:46 PM »

He was a Trump supporter. This tracks.

He's also admitted to being incredibly greedy and selfish in the past (see my sig). So yeah, this is what we're dealing with. This is why we're seeing surging numbers now. Selfish people like Lackey who say fuck the greater good, it's every man for himself. That's what makes it so easy to blame him, his attitude is (at this point) expressly one of extreme selfishness.

He needs Jesus.
Jesus would mask up, despite being immune to disease.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 26, 2021, 08:10:50 PM »
The company I work for is requiring everyone be vaccinated before returning to the office (excepting people who can't based on medical or religious reasons). I just had to upload a pic of my vaccination card even though I've always been a full remote employee.

Makes me wonder how many other companies are doing the same.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 26, 2021, 08:22:54 PM »
Religious reasons? What might they be then?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Rama Set

« Reply #353 on: July 26, 2021, 08:37:02 PM »
Religious reasons? What might they be then?

Christian Scientists famously reject all medical intervention.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 26, 2021, 09:41:24 PM »
@Wuhan80

So if this is all fake and fear-mongering, how will you ever know when a real pandemic occurs?

There are no media outlets you trust, you have no doctors you trust and even your homeboy Trump admits that he lied about the pandemic.

You do understand that pandemics occur in nature? When the real one hits, how will you know and will you give the rest of us ignorant sheeple a heads up?
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 27, 2021, 06:12:12 AM »
The vaccines are Highly Effective™

« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 06:57:08 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 27, 2021, 06:57:48 AM »
I don't understand how Vaccines Work™

Indeed. I'll add that to the long list...
The vaccine doesn't stop you catching Covid, it stops you developing symptoms serious enough to require hospitalisation - in most cases, not all before you start picking more cherries.
Is this really so difficult to comprehend?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 27, 2021, 07:18:11 AM »
I don't understand how Vaccines Work™

Indeed. I'll add that to the long list...
The vaccine doesn't stop you catching Covid, it stops you developing symptoms serious enough to require hospitalisation - in most cases, not all before you start picking more cherries.
Is this really so difficult to comprehend?

Wrong. They do claim it stops you from catching Covid.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/fully-vaccinated-people.html

A growing body of evidence indicates that people fully vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna) are less likely to have asymptomatic infection or to transmit SARS-CoV-2 to others.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/fully-vaccinated-people.html

The study demonstrates that these two mRNA vaccines can reduce the risk of all SARS-CoV-2 infections, not just symptomatic infections.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 07:21:49 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 27, 2021, 07:21:30 AM »
The study demonstrates that these two mRNA vaccines can reduce the risk of all SARS-CoV-2 infections, not just symptomatic infections.
Hope that helps.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 27, 2021, 07:22:22 AM »
Hope that helps.

So you're wrong then. You said that it does not reduce infection or transmission.

The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services says that when most people are vaccinated the disease can't spread:

https://www.hhs.gov/immunization/basics/work/index.html

This is literally the opposite of what you say vaccines do.