Offline Huge

• View Profile
The Ice Wall and the Cretaceous Period
« on: May 25, 2018, 04:54:55 PM »
Hello
i'm new here and as the topic says i'm wondering about the Ice Wall during the Cretaceous Period.

Now to be 100% transparent i do not subscribe to the flat earth theory nor the globe theory. Nor am i trying to stir up anything negative.
I think you should believe in whatever you want.

Now to get to the question i want to ask. I'm curious if you believe the ice wall exist during the cretaceous period and before? Since the scientific community believes that the
cretaceous period was one of the warmest periods in the planets history.

"The Cretaceous, which occurred approximately 145 million to 66 million years ago, was one of the warmest periods in the history of Earth.
The poles were devoid of ice and average temperatures of up to 35 degrees Celsius prevailed in the oceans.May 28, 2015"

i got that quote from google.

also I wanted to ask if you belie in the Pangaea effect that also happened during the cretaceous period?

Well anyways have a blessed day and i'm looking forward to your response.

PS: i apologies if i ruffled feathers that is not my intention im just trying to understand the way other people thing to better understand myself and the world   

Re: The Ice Wall and the Cretaceous Period
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 05:00:32 PM »
I'd presume that the lack of ice caps was hypothesized from distributions of sea life determining sea level, and guesses to average worldwide temperature.

So there could have been an ice wall in the Cretaceous, it just would have been farther from the North Pole.
Recommended reading: We Have No Idea by Jorge Cham and Daniel Whiteson

Turtle Town, a game made by my brothers and their friends, is now in private beta for the demo! Feedback so far has been mostly positive. Contact me if you would like to play.

Offline Huge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 05:46:23 PM »
So you're saying that the wall was there, but got much larger after the the end of cretaceous period when the ice age happened. Seems fair since there are some evidence of permafrost towards the end of the cretaceous period in what is now modern day Antarctic.

thanks for the reply  :)

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 05:51:03 PM »
Well, technically FET contends that Antarctica is the ice wall.
Recommended reading: We Have No Idea by Jorge Cham and Daniel Whiteson

Turtle Town, a game made by my brothers and their friends, is now in private beta for the demo! Feedback so far has been mostly positive. Contact me if you would like to play.

Offline Huge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 06:43:38 PM »
Sorry i'm not sure what FET stands for. (is it flat earth theory?) i'm new to this.

Regardless allow me to clarify what i meant.

Scientific community believes that during the cretaceous period (and before) parts of antarctic were covered by a tropic like forests

"The continent as a whole was much warmer and more humid than it currently is today," says Gulbranson, a professor at University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee.
The landscape would have been densely forested with a low-diversity network of resilient plants that could withstand polar extremes,
like the boreal forest in present-day Siberia."

got that quote from: https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/11/ancient-fossil-forest-found-antarctica-gondwana-spd/

To my understanding that was during the Gondwana period (roughly 180M years ago) when all the continents were one.
Later slitting up in the Jurassic and Cretaceous periods. Making modern day Antarctic and other continents.
So during those periods the  wall couldn't have existed in antarctic since it wasn't where it is now (in terms of location)

So to reiterate: you're not wrong in saying FET "contends" that Antarctic is the ice wall, i'm just saying back then it could not have been so. (again assuming that the scientists are right) and it became a part of it sometime during or after the ice age.