Yaakov ben Avraham

Re: Drugs should be legal.
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2013, 04:30:20 AM »
Sean, that is very interesting, & worth looking into. Alchemist, I've heard that for someone w/ no tolerance level, it is, but I'm not certain.

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2013, 04:34:02 AM »
Alchemist: Possible, maybe. Unlikely, however. Anyone who claims to have experienced it probably experienced a placebo effect.

Sean, that is very interesting, & worth looking into. Alchemist, I've heard that for someone w/ no tolerance level, it is, but I'm not certain.

I find this stuff to be interesting too. And the more I look into these things, the more I believe in drug decriminalization and legalization.
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2013, 04:36:34 AM »
Just curious, is it possible to get high from a blunt's second-hand smoke?

Technically? Sure. Realistically? Probably not. If you hotbox a car or a small room bad enough it might be enough to get someone high on its own, but that much smoke would get uncomfortable fast.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2013, 11:45:35 PM »
11 orthographic errors. I don't know. I figure, pot seems alot safer than alcohol & Tobacco, both of which are legal. I love my weekly cigar. I used to get high on pot, but my fiancee asked me to stop. I don't drink since I can't seem to behave when I do. But @ least pot, legalise it, regulate it, & tax it!
*sigh* Pot kills you to!! It is a drug like the rest of them and will get you adikted and ruin your life!!!!!!!!! Plus youll get canser and overdose MILIONS of people die evereyday cuz of drugs!!! And by the way I also beleive alchahol and smoking should be ilegel to alchahol is the devils drink and smoking KILLS you. If I were you I would stop smoking right away or enter rehab!!!
Pot, and all the other drugs.
Oh grete idea (sarcasim). Not only legelise pot but also legelise other drugs like marajuana cocane crack crack cocane weed herone yeah...great idea there buddey ::)
I can try. The meth addicts I've known have nearly destroyed their lives w/ it. It became their whole reason to exist. One stole over $4000 from her employer. I've heard of other girls whoring for the money. I personally knew a crack whore. I just think that legalising such drugs, the addictive power of which is so great, is basically the State saying to people, 'Fuck you, your life isn't worth anything.' & EJ is right in that many drugs do indeed kill & maim people for life. For the State to accept that as a fait accompli just seems cold.
Of corse im right as usuel. Thats the hole nature of drugs: to KILL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 02:00:12 AM by Excelsior John »
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.

Offline Socker

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2013, 11:58:15 PM »
I'm not the most informed person about this, but from what I can tell, pot is a whole lot less dangerous than nicotine or alcohol. If the growing movement to legalize drugs gains more support, I still wouldn't support anything except pot, which is the only thing most people are campaigning for anyway. As far as it ruining people's life, there are plenty of legal things that already do that (alcohol, cigarettes, gambling), so I don't really see that as a valid reason against it.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2013, 11:59:18 PM »
Please ignore EJ in this thread unless he backs up a claim even a little. :'(

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2013, 12:33:05 AM »
Please ignore EJ in all threads unless he backs up a claim a little.

Offline spank86

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2013, 12:36:50 AM »
MILIONS of people die evereyday cuz of drugs!!!

prove it

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2013, 04:08:43 AM »
Please ignore any user in any thread unless he/she backs up his/her claim a little.
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2013, 04:18:20 AM »
I am the only one who has. Someone please disagree with me and post evidence. This is the one debate I know I will win. LET ME HAVE THIS.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2013, 04:25:18 AM »
I am the only one who has. Someone please disagree with me and post evidence. This is the one debate I know I will win. LET ME HAVE THIS.

Meth should be illegal and punishment for it should be increased dramatically. 

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2013, 04:25:19 AM »
Full credit to Sean on this, he has backed up his claims. I'm still not sure how I feel about the matter, but he has aquitted himself quite well on the facts of the matter.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2013, 08:33:59 AM »
Even if we assume for the moment that all drugs are bad for you, why does that mean they should be illegal? Eating McDonald's is pretty bad for you, should we outlaw fast food?
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline spank86

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2013, 12:37:16 PM »
Eating McDonald's is pretty bad for you, should we outlaw fast food?

I weigh 10stone and at one point (in my late 20's) I was eating two McDonalds a week (plus a KFC and a subway) so I'd question exactly how bad it is.

I've never weighed over 10stone and never felt any ill effects.

Anecdotal I know but It does raise questions about whether there've ever been any controlled studies looking at the health issues with eating a normal amount of McDonalods, as oppose to blitzing your recommended calorific intake combined with an overly sedentary lifestyle.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 12:38:56 PM by spank86 »

Rama Set

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2013, 03:01:51 PM »
Eating McDonald's is pretty bad for you, should we outlaw fast food?

I weigh 10stone and at one point (in my late 20's) I was eating two McDonalds a week (plus a KFC and a subway) so I'd question exactly how bad it is.

I've never weighed over 10stone and never felt any ill effects.

Anecdotal I know but It does raise questions about whether there've ever been any controlled studies looking at the health issues with eating a normal amount of McDonalods, as oppose to blitzing your recommended calorific intake combined with an overly sedentary lifestyle.

There have been plenty of studies about hugh fat, high sugar, high salt diets and MacDonald's definitely qualifies as that.

Offline spank86

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2013, 04:13:13 PM »
There have been plenty of studies about hugh fat, high sugar, high salt diets and MacDonald's definitely qualifies as that.

The other factor is that you can eat McDonalds recreationally but not all the time and have no ill effects, not quite the same with drugs.

Rama Set

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2013, 07:08:00 PM »

The other factor is that you can eat McDonalds recreationally but not all the time and have no ill effects, not quite the same with drugs.

You can definitely use some drugs occasionally and have no ill effects; alcohol and marijuana for sure.  Cocaine, nicotine, mushrooms, LSD and MDMA as well, although for me, not as frequently as marijuana or alcohol. This is excluding metabolic sensitivities or predisposition to addiction.

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2013, 07:08:45 PM »

I disagree.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Offline spank86

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2013, 07:31:05 PM »

I disagree.

what i mean is it's not a lottery like drugs are.

Your first Mcdonalds is harmless, your first experience with drugs is just PROBABLY harmless.

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2013, 07:32:36 PM »
That may not be the case if drugs were legalized and their production were regulated.