Recent Posts

Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Cancel culture
« Last post by rooster on Today at 02:41:16 AM »
I've seen a fair amount of defenders of poor, rural, white people and lonely, virgin, men on Twitter whenever someone does try to pointlessly belittle them.
What was the overall response to them?
There wasn't a response really. When people make fun of others who are having a shit time of life it's pretty universally ratio'd.

You can disagree with shitty opinions, but if you just make fun of someone for living in a mobile home in the south or a sad lonely person then you're just a bully.
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Last post by Rama Set on October 24, 2021, 11:24:45 PM »
theRe aRE nO lONg-tERM stUdieS on tHE VAccIne

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41593-021-00926-1

That’s not a vaccine study. It’s not even a great virus study because it’s focus is super narrow.

i'm aware it's not a vaccine study. i've been making the argument that "i won't take the vaccine because i don't know the long-term health effects" is silly because one also does not know the long-term health effects of covid-69. this study indicates that such long-term effects are worth taking seriously.

Yeah, “long Covid” was vague enough that fuckwits could hand wave away the 33% of people that suffer from it.
« Last post by Pete Svarrior on October 24, 2021, 09:07:10 PM »
I've seen a fair amount of defenders of poor, rural, white people and lonely, virgin, men on Twitter whenever someone does try to pointlessly belittle them.
What was the overall response to them?
« Last post by Rushy on October 24, 2021, 07:13:45 PM »
There's no such thing as "cancel culture". Simply preferred discrimination. Everyone discriminates in some form or fashion. What we're calling "cancel culture" is simply that discrimination viewed at a macro level. It's up to humanity as a collective to decide what groups of people need to be discriminated against. If those are transgendered people, lonely virgins or even the uber wealthy, then so be it.

I don't have to hire fascists or communists. I shouldn't have to hire transgenders or blacks. Discrimination is healthy and normal and there's nothing wrong with belittling groups that you consider to be dangerous to society. For some people, those groups are transgender people. For some groups, those are white people. Some groups despise lonely virgins (and it's not like people become lonely virgins for no reason). We shouldn't be forcing people or "reeducating" them to coexist with groups they obviously do not like. A private business should be able to choose who they want to do business with. A person should be free to associate with who they like and therefore free to disassociate with who they do not. Are you a Nazi? Neat. Landlord kicked you out for being a Nazi? Too bad, lmao.

If diversity is truly our strength, then people who embrace it will prevail and survive. People who don't will die their little deaths. If the opposite is true, then so be it. If your politics are so happy and wholesome and good for everyone, then they should not need some hyper-active violent overlord enforcing them all the time and jailing anyone who disagrees.

There's no such thing as cancel culture. There's societal winners and societal losers. If you're getting belittled and you're getting canceled: congratulations, you're losing.
« Last post by rooster on October 24, 2021, 06:42:34 PM »
I've seen a fair amount of defenders of poor, rural, white people and lonely, virgin, men on Twitter whenever someone does try to pointlessly belittle them. Progress might not be uniform but people are catching on that you shouldn't punch down.
« Last post by Lord Dave on October 24, 2021, 04:30:53 PM »
Apparently people would prefer 10 years of lockdowns/deaths before a vaccine....

Go figure.
« Last post by garygreen on October 24, 2021, 02:08:58 PM »

That’s not a vaccine study. It’s not even a great virus study because it’s focus is super narrow.

i'm aware it's not a vaccine study. i've been making the argument that "i won't take the vaccine because i don't know the long-term health effects" is silly because one also does not know the long-term health effects of covid-69. this study indicates that such long-term effects are worth taking seriously.
« Last post by Rama Set on October 24, 2021, 01:59:00 PM »

« Last post by garygreen on October 24, 2021, 01:51:02 PM »

Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: President Joe Biden
« Last post by Lord Dave on October 24, 2021, 12:40:37 PM »
I like how all Tom can do is post the same thing we've been saying about Trump for 4 years.