Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #780 on: March 10, 2022, 04:23:10 AM »
It is unfortunate that the US liberals voted a dementia patient into office for a time like this.

Rama Set

« Reply #781 on: March 10, 2022, 04:30:15 AM »
It is unfortunate that the US liberals voted a dementia patient into office for a time like this.

Wait. I thought you didn’t care about the war in Ukraine. Now it’s a dire time? Make up your mind, please.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 10, 2022, 06:05:39 AM »
Wait. I thought you didn’t care about the war in Ukraine. Now it’s a dire time? Make up your mind, please.

Yeah, like Ukraine has been the only thing going on.  ::)

10 Year domestic gas prices:

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 10, 2022, 06:17:10 AM »
Wow, how naive. Who was President and Vice President in 2012 and 2013?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 10, 2022, 06:42:37 AM »

Just in case anyone has forgotten, Ronny Jackson is the doctor who notoriously claimed that Trump was at least two inches taller than all photographic evidence showed him to be, wasn't even obese, and was actually in great physical shape despite his lack of exercise, fast food-based diet, and general resemblance to Jabba the Hutt. He has no credibility as an actual doctor, and shouldn't be taken any more seriously on this subject than any other partisan hack.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 10, 2022, 08:06:05 AM »
Just in case anyone has forgotten, Ronny Jackson is [...]
Is what he said about Biden getting lost reading from a teleprompter correct?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 10, 2022, 10:06:33 AM »
I mean...even if it is...

Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 10, 2022, 12:37:53 PM »
I mean...even if it is...

Or how about the times Trump just stops reading?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #789 on: March 10, 2022, 01:25:25 PM »
The whataboutism here isn’t great. Having a potentially senile president is not good for anyone.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 10, 2022, 01:31:12 PM »
The whataboutism here isn’t great. Having a potentially HYPOTHETICALLY senile president is ^ABSOLUTELY^ not good for anyone.
FTFY, in order to aid in your efforts to be philosophically and intellectually honest in your post submissions here on your favorite forum.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 10, 2022, 01:56:47 PM »
The whataboutism here isn’t great. Having a potentially senile president is not good for anyone.
Obviously not.
But what is even being spoken about here? I had a quick Google and found some video of some alleged "gaff" where he read "end of quote" after quoting someone. It didn't come across as one to me. He was quoting someone, it seemed pretty reasonable to say "end of quote" as he did before moving on to the next point. Unless there's something else. I've seen a few similar claims about him but they're all from last year or before.

EDIT: I also think it's pretty reasonable to ask why people with a certain agenda are claiming that Biden has dementia because he trips over certain words in a speech, while finding no fault in, say, the utter ramble that was some of Trump's speeches - you see some of those written down and it's a complete mess. A bit of logical consistency isn't too much to ask.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 02:16:36 PM by AllAroundTheWorld »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Rama Set

« Reply #792 on: March 10, 2022, 02:31:23 PM »
Obviously not.
But what is even being spoken about here? I had a quick Google and found some video of some alleged "gaff" where he read "end of quote" after quoting someone. It didn't come across as one to me. He was quoting someone, it seemed pretty reasonable to say "end of quote" as he did before moving on to the next point. Unless there's something else. I've seen a few similar claims about him but they're all from last year or before.

EDIT: I also think it's pretty reasonable to ask why people with a certain agenda are claiming that Biden has dementia because he trips over certain words in a speech, while finding no fault in, say, the utter ramble that was some of Trump's speeches - you see some of those written down and it's a complete mess. A bit of logical consistency isn't too much to ask.

If you want challenge Tom on his obvious and frequent hypocrisy, I’m all for it, but that challenge should be overt. As for the rest of it, it’s pretty obvious Biden is old, slowing down and isn’t as mentally sharp as he was even in 2020, at least to my eyes. I sincerely hope he doesn’t run again, but I’d still prefer him to Trump.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 10, 2022, 03:43:21 PM »
Obviously not.
But what is even being spoken about here? I had a quick Google and found some video of some alleged "gaff" where he read "end of quote" after quoting someone. It didn't come across as one to me. He was quoting someone, it seemed pretty reasonable to say "end of quote" as he did before moving on to the next point.
OMFG!!!

You think it reasonable and lucid to be reading a script and include the words, "end of quote."?

WTF?

And to think just a short time ago, here on this very forum, you were advocating for some form of "voter eligibility," test.

Based on this self-provided example of what you consider reasonable, whatever criteria you would consider reasonable for voters to be eligible to vote would be laughable.

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 10, 2022, 03:49:07 PM »
You think it reasonable and lucid to be reading a script and include the words, "end of quote."?
Yes. Especially as he started that part by saying "quote" and finished the quote by saying "end of quote" to make it clear it was finished and he was moving on to the next point.
It didn't seem particularly jarring to me. When I watched the video in an article saying basically "lolz, what a gaff" the video finished and I honestly couldn't work out what this terrible gaff was supposed to be. It was hardly the "Go fuck yourself, San Diego" Anchorman moment that had been advertised.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #795 on: March 10, 2022, 03:51:06 PM »
Yes. Especially as he started that part by saying "quote" and finished the quote by saying "end of quote" to make it clear it was finished and he was moving on to the next point.
It didn't seem particularly jarring to me. When I watched the video in an article saying basically "lolz, what a gaff" the video finished and I honestly couldn't work out what this terrible gaff was supposed to be. It was hardly the "Go fuck yourself, San Diego" Anchorman moment that had been advertised.
And in conjunction with everything else?

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 10, 2022, 04:26:30 PM »
What's the everything else?
The dude is 79. No-one is as sharp at that age as they are when they're 40. Whether he actually has dementia - I've no idea. Nor do you. But spare me the over-analysis of every verbal mis-step, especially from people who have been an apologies for other people's incoherent ramblings over the years.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 10, 2022, 04:43:41 PM »

If I introduced it AS A QUOTATION, absolutely.

As a native English speaker, I prefer the form quote / unquote, so I would read out;

"... and here I reference the words of Neil deGrasse Tyson, who said, quote, "That stuff is FLAT", unquote."

=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 10, 2022, 04:48:10 PM »

Sure, the doctor who (QUOTE) claimed that Trump was at least two inches taller than all photographic evidence showed him to be, wasn't even obese, and was actually in great physical shape despite his lack of exercise, fast food-based diet, and general resemblance to Jabba the Hutt (UNQUOTE) and is a regular attendee at Trump's rallies, where he gets singled out for praise, is a totally neutral voice on this matter.

(SARCASM) No, he's not partisan. Not biased AT ALL. No. Never. (UNSARCASM)

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 10, 2022, 04:51:29 PM »

What would that be? 

Nearly?