Offline mtnman

• View Profile
Why just water?
« on: October 03, 2017, 06:02:29 AM »
I frequently see comments with the author sharing a disbelief that water could be retained on a "spinning ball". Why is the focus always on water? Why not planes, people and atmosphere, etc.  also?

Hmmm

Re: Why just water?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 10:58:56 AM »
mtnman, maybe people like template questions and template answers?
As if they were answering: "what majority thinks must be always true. And i'm a part of majority, so that means i'm automatically right"...
And as if getting answers and questions from collective, hive mind of human society(which is led by somebody else: a leader), rather than from their individual, own mind, gives people more importance and credibility.   
But i might be wrong here. If yes, then correct me with some argumentation.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 11:12:41 AM by Hmmm »

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 03:44:33 PM »
As if they were answering: "what majority thinks must be always true. And i'm a part of majority, so that means i'm automatically right"...
And as if getting answers and questions from collective, hive mind of human society(which is led by somebody else: a leader), rather than from their individual, own mind, gives people more importance and credibility.   
But i might be wrong here. If yes, then correct me with some argumentation.
I don't think that answered my question, but as to a desire of people to feel right when thinking with the majority, I see mostly the exact opposite here.

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 11:40:17 PM »
What does "template question" mean?

Hmmm

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 04:14:26 AM »
pszemoI, i meant a cliche one, an overused one. That's just my simple shoal analysis.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 04:48:12 AM by Hmmm »

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 07:00:35 PM »
I frequently see comments with the author sharing a disbelief that water could be retained on a "spinning ball". Why is the focus always on water? Why not planes, people and atmosphere, etc.  also?

The water here is perfectly still, it proves no spin. It's sooo elementary it's ridiculous not to see or feel it missing.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:17:13 PM by J-Man »
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 07:40:13 PM »

The water here is perfectly still, it proves no spin. It's sooo elementary it's ridiculous not to see of feel it missing.

Cool picture! Doesn't prove anything, and also doesn't answer question. Why just water? Do you believe a spinning ball could not hold water, but that it could hold atmosphere?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 10:11:47 PM »

The water here is perfectly still, it proves no spin. It's sooo elementary it's ridiculous not to see of feel it missing.

The water is moving along at the same spin rate of the Earth. I love your posts because they are so ridiculously ignorant of even basic physics. Ever drive with a cup of coffee in your car? Did it continually force its way to the back of the cup or did it settle down once you were up to speed?
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 10:22:15 PM »

The water is moving along at the same spin rate of the Earth. I love your posts because they are so ridiculously ignorant of even basic physics. Ever drive with a cup of coffee in your car? Did it continually force its way to the back of the cup or did it settle down once you were up to speed?
If I held the CUP perfectly level (via plywood, w/level under), the coffee would force to the edge nearest the rear of truck. I drive a truck, manly man. Momentum thing.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 12:28:11 AM »

If I held the CUP perfectly level (via plywood, w/level under), the coffee would force to the edge nearest the rear of truck. I drive a truck, manly man. Momentum thing.
Why just water? Do you believe a spinning ball could not hold water, but that it could hold atmosphere?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 12:33:20 AM »

Uhhh...no. Momentum would have no effect. ACCELERATION would, but once you and your coffee reach a steady speed, it will sit perfectly still and not piled up on the back of your cup. Then again, you already know this and are just being a troll.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 01:15:24 AM »

Ever drink a cup of coffee on an airplane moving 500 miles an hour? Your logic would expect all of the coffee to speed out of the cup.

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 12:25:19 AM »
Well, no meaningful FE answer to my question. I'll expand the question anyway.

If FE believers don't think gravity can hold water to a spinning ball, I would assume that belief extends to other things like atmospheres.

If that is the case, how do you explain the atmospheres of other planets staying in place? The best example being the bands and great red spot of Jupiter. These are visible with amateur telescopes. So no claiming NASA fakery on this one please.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 12:28:20 AM by mtnman »