Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Changes to the merch store
« on: December 03, 2017, 01:51:42 PM »
Hi guys,

Just a quick one to let you know about some of the things I've been working on in our store.

First of all, the store has now been re-structured into categories. Our previous listing was becoming a little bit busy. Too busy, perhaps. To make the browsing experience a little bit clearer, things have been broken down into broad (but hopefully self-explanatory) groups.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, in response to feedback from Twitter (especially our new followers following the Elon Musk saga), we now sell stickers and mugs. I hope to include more sticker designs in the near future, but this initial set should at least tide us over during the time of rapidly increased demand.

As always, all markups have been set to $0 and the prices consist of just the CafePress base costs. I am also awaiting delivery of the first few samples, and I'll make sure to report on the quality of the stickers as soon as I've received them.

Have a great day!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 01:57:45 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline cher

• View Profile
Re: Changes to the merch store
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 07:33:24 PM »
Dear Pete, My name is Cher Waiters. I would really like to have a Flat Earth snow globe. I talked to some one at CoolSnowGlobe.com and they told me one could be custom made but it would have to be brought in bulk 600 or more. I made a suggestion on the forum Nov 24th 2017. I got one reply asking if I would by it I replied yes. They have a snow globe with a round earth in it I own one of those and would gladly replace it with a flat earth model. The snow globes would bring in nice revenue for The Society. I'm sure it would be a HOT ITEM.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 05:44:12 PM »
What if it is a hot item and we sell 400? Pete is still going to be sat in his bedroom with 200 snow globes.

Also, those snow globes are $56 each. Are you expecting Pete to front $33,600 on snow globes? He might be eccentric, but he isn't insane.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 06:10:28 PM »
I might be insane, but I'm not rich. The beauty of doing merch through a large faceless corporation is that it wipes its own face. We set it up once, and then it Just Works™. We put no money in it, we get no money back out of it. The model of buying things in bulk and then redistributing has its benefits, but I'm not convinced if they're worth the downsides.

Of course, there's nothing stopping you from selling FE snowglobes by yourself.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 08:07:25 PM »
I might be insane, but I'm not rich.

You strike me as exactly the sort of person who would have bought a few bitcoin back in the day. I'll bet you are wedged.

devils advocate

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 11:35:21 PM »
Dear Pete, My name is Cher Waiters. I would really like to have a Flat Earth snow globe. I talked to some one at CoolSnowGlobe.com and they told me one could be custom made but it would have to be brought in bulk 600 or more. I made a suggestion on the forum Nov 24th 2017. I got one reply asking if I would by it I replied yes. They have a snow globe with a round earth in it I own one of those and would gladly replace it with a flat earth model. The snow globes would bring in nice revenue for The Society. I'm sure it would be a HOT ITEM

Love it, HOT snow, flat earth GLOBE....I see what you done there....gotta get up early to beat me hahahahaha

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 07:33:08 PM »
I got a TFES black hoodie for my birthday. It is nice and warm.   :D