Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #1620 on: October 31, 2016, 05:53:57 PM »
I haven't visited this thread in some time, but it seems Hillary is still a lying elitist who wants to disarm the citizens and bring in even more people from the middle east.

Thankyou Trump for running, and probably giving the election to that closet communist.

I thought Obama was gonna take your guns.  What happened to that?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: October 31, 2016, 05:55:18 PM »
He tried, but Congress happened, so he had to settle on unlawfully banning the banning of gay marriage and mass-amnesty of illegals :^)
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: October 31, 2016, 08:18:23 PM »
He tried, but Congress happened, so he had to settle on unlawfully banning the banning of gay marriage and mass-amnesty of illegals :^)
Congress bows before the SCOTUS!  Which sounds like Scrotum.  Which is what gay men gargle.
Thus, SCOTUS is gay.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: November 02, 2016, 02:29:26 AM »
I haven't visited this thread in some time, but it seems Hillary is still a lying elitist who wants to disarm the citizens and bring in even more people from the middle east.

Thankyou Trump for running, and probably giving the election to that closet communist.

They need to do it in increments so as not to raise any alarm.

George

« Reply #1624 on: November 02, 2016, 03:07:46 AM »
Doing absolutely nothing seems to raise alarms all by itself.  Do you ever think that you spend so much time and effort being skeptical of the government that maybe you forget to be skeptical of other groups, like the gun lobby?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: November 02, 2016, 07:29:59 AM »

Who is they?
Because we've been through alot of presidents and so far none of them have taken away the guns.  And if it is incremental, how long is it supposed to take?  Because during the Bush years, any work on "taking the guns" could (and might have been?) undone completely. 

« Reply #1626 on: November 02, 2016, 05:01:05 PM »

Who is they?
Because we've been through alot of presidents and so far none of them have taken away the guns.  And if it is incremental, how long is it supposed to take?  Because during the Bush years, any work on "taking the guns" could (and might have been?) undone completely.

They haven't because they can't. So as a consolation prize they can only hope to put just enough restrictions to make the 2nd amendment useless while at the same time saying it's integrity is intact.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: November 02, 2016, 05:32:36 PM »

Who is they?

They haven't because they can't. So as a consolation prize they can only hope to put just enough restrictions to make the 2nd amendment useless while at the same time saying it's integrity is intact.
Which THEY?
Because the federal government hasn't made much in the way of gun laws lately, only the states. 

« Reply #1628 on: November 02, 2016, 06:38:00 PM »

« Reply #1629 on: November 02, 2016, 07:35:01 PM »
Which THEY?

If you don't, or just refuse to, believe in a "they" then there is really not much to discuss. There is more than enough circumstantial evidence, along with plenty of concrete proof, that there is a cabal (many of them) bent on influencing global affairs to their advantage and pushing their sick agenda. Either you haven't done your research or you're just happy living under a rock.

An armed populace as big as the one in the country I live in is a problem for even the strongest militaries in the world. It's something that they are afraid of and frankly don't want to deal with at full strength.

In my opinion, the ultimate goal is 100% dependence on the state for everything, including your safety and protection --which as we've seen during the violent crackdown on protestors, and the slaying of Americans by police, that that would be a terrible idea.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: November 02, 2016, 07:48:20 PM »
Which THEY?

If you don't, or just refuse to, believe in a "they" then there is really not much to discuss. There is more than enough circumstantial evidence, along with plenty of concrete proof, that there is a cabal (many of them) bent on influencing global affairs to their advantage and pushing their sick agenda. Either you haven't done your research or you're just happy living under a rock.

An armed populace as big as the one in the country I live in is a problem for even the strongest militaries in the world. It's something that they are afraid of and frankly don't want to deal with at full strength.

In my opinion, the ultimate goal is 100% dependence on the state for everything, including your safety and protection --which as we've seen during the violent crackdown on protestors, and the slaying of Americans by police, that that would be a terrible idea.

I asked which ones not questioning if they exist. 

Also, why would they want state dependancy?  That's literally the dumbest idea.  Its expensive as shit and you risk making people angry at you when you can't deliver.

« Reply #1631 on: November 02, 2016, 08:30:33 PM »
Which THEY?

Also, why would they want state dependancy?  That's literally the dumbest idea.  Its expensive as shit and you risk making people angry at you when you can't deliver.

Something about absolute control appeals to these people. It's a gradual, very slow process, but we are already seeing it unfold. The middle class has been under assault all across the world. Poverty is definitely a prerequisite to surrendering your rights. The ever constant spectre of terrorism and war with [insert other world power] has caused people all around the world to give up their privacy and liberties for perceived security.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: November 02, 2016, 10:22:23 PM »
Which THEY?

Something about absolute control appeals to these people. It's a gradual, very slow process, but we are already seeing it unfold. The middle class has been under assault all across the world. Poverty is definitely a prerequisite to surrendering your rights. The ever constant spectre of terrorism and war with [insert other world power] has caused people all around the world to give up their privacy and liberties for perceived security.
Right...
"I love absolute control!  Let's take 100 years to do it so I won't be alive when it happens."

Seriously, this has been going on for thousands of years.  It's not a conspiracy, it's human nature.  When humans get scared, they want someone to save them.  When the threat has passed, they get uppity and want freedoms.
It's an endless cycle of peace and war.  Fear and safety.  Love and hate.

Look, here in Norway the middle class is alive and well.  Your mioptic view is the problem.  You can't see that the "attack" is an attack at all, it's simply human nature: those who have wish for more.  Those who have not, want more.  Everyone wants more and those who have are more powerful at keeping what they have than those who do not.  The entire French revolution was built on this concept.  Heck, what constitutes middle class is so vague, it's different based on who you talk to.  You might as well ask "how good is good enough?"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: November 02, 2016, 10:24:15 PM »
Anyway:

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/11/02/Growing-Republican-Chorus-If-Clinton-Wins-She-Should-Be-Impeached

This is a new low.  At least they gave Obama a year before determining that they'd fight him at every point.  Clinton won't even get that.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: November 03, 2016, 12:43:29 AM »
Anyway:

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/11/02/Growing-Republican-Chorus-If-Clinton-Wins-She-Should-Be-Impeached

This is a new low.  At least they gave Obama a year before determining that they'd fight him at every point.  Clinton won't even get that.

She won't win, anyway, so this is pointless posturing.

« Reply #1635 on: November 03, 2016, 02:14:22 AM »
Quote from: Michael Cohen
I will make sure that you and I meet one day while we’re in the courthouse. And I will take you for every penny you still don’t have. And I will come after your Daily Beast and everybody else that you possibly know. So I’m warning you, tread very fucking lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting. You understand me?

You write a story that has Mr. Trump’s name in it, with the word “rape,” and I’m going to mess your life up… for as long as you’re on this frickin’ planet… you’re going to have judgments against you, so much money, you’ll never know how to get out from underneath it.

Trump's lawyer, Michael Cohen, the "Which polls?" guy, laying down some Navy Seal Copypasta-level smack on the Daily Beast last year.

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: November 03, 2016, 03:51:02 AM »
Who is they?
Those who claim "it doesn't serve a 'sporting' purpose", or "we're protecting the rights of gun owners by exempting the following 900 firearms from this ban" (for example, 50 of them are every slight variant of basically the same model bolt-action rifle) , or "no one needs a shoulder thing that goes up", or "no one needs to have X number of rounds", or "we need to add a tax of X amount per round"....

Rama Set

« Reply #1637 on: November 03, 2016, 05:10:53 AM »
Who is they?
Those who claim "it doesn't serve a 'sporting' purpose", or "we're protecting the rights of gun owners by exempting the following 900 firearms from this ban" (for example, 50 of them are every slight variant of basically the same model bolt-action rifle) , or "no one needs a shoulder thing that goes up", or "no one needs to have X number of rounds", or "we need to add a tax of X amount per round"....

Well thats not what Hillary has proposed anyway, so I guess we are safe... for now.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: November 03, 2016, 06:36:46 AM »
Who is they?

Ssoo....people who want Gun restrictions?
I thought it was some kind of big conspiracy but its just normal people like me?

Online Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: November 03, 2016, 08:29:16 AM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/02/fbi_sources_tell_fox_news_indictment_likely_in_clinton_foundation_case.html

RCP confirmed for Trump stronghold and anti-Hillary conspiracy. And the FBI is probably sexist.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume