Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #1440 on: October 15, 2016, 04:34:26 PM »
Don't you live in Norway?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: October 15, 2016, 04:35:40 PM »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: October 16, 2016, 01:34:11 PM »
https://streamable.com/6g5v

Don't look at the email leaks! It's illegal! Don't worry, we'll tell you if we find anything important.  ;)

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: October 16, 2016, 01:41:20 PM »
https://streamable.com/6g5v

Don't look at the email leaks! It's illegal! Don't worry, we'll tell you if we find anything important.  ;)
He's right though.
Possession of stolen data is illegal if you know it's stolen.  Same with stolen items.  If I walk into a bank and (somehow) steal all their financial records, then give them to someone else saying "Dude, hold my stolen bank records" well... that's illegal.

Or "Dude, I just stole this car!  Can you keep it in your garage?  Thanks."
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: October 16, 2016, 02:23:38 PM »
He's right though.
Possession of stolen data is illegal if you know it's stolen.  Same with stolen items.  If I walk into a bank and (somehow) steal all their financial records, then give them to someone else saying "Dude, hold my stolen bank records" well... that's illegal.

Actually, it isn't. Unless you're a government employee or hold a security clearance, possession of wikileaks documents isn't illegal. Electronic records don't follow the same laws that real property does, hence your car/bank records analogy is pointless.

The act of stealing the records is illegal, the act of possessing them is not.

George

« Reply #1445 on: October 16, 2016, 02:31:58 PM »
Yeah, that was a really weird thing for a journalist to say.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: October 16, 2016, 03:18:13 PM »
He's right though.

Actually, it isn't. Unless you're a government employee or hold a security clearance, possession of wikileaks documents isn't illegal. Electronic records don't follow the same laws that real property does, hence your car/bank records analogy is pointless.

The act of stealing the records is illegal, the act of possessing them is not.
Wait... so I can have a copy of every single stolen piece of data and it's not illegal?  Like I can buy a stolen credit card number with social security # and it's totally legal?

Interesting...

Then it's clear that CNN is owned by Hillary and thus is telling everyone "don't read those e-mails".  Bet fox is saying "Read those e-mails".

Question though:  All this focus on Hillary is all fine and good but what about Trump?  I mean, why isn't Wikileaks trying to get Trump's Campaign e-mails?  That's only fair, right?  Why so much focus on Clinton?  We ALREADY know she's doing bad shit.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: October 16, 2016, 03:40:13 PM »
Wait... so I can have a copy of every single stolen piece of data and it's not illegal?  Like I can buy a stolen credit card number with social security # and it's totally legal?

Interesting...

Possessing someone's credit card information isn't illegal. Using it or selling it is.

Then it's clear that CNN is owned by Hillary and thus is telling everyone "don't read those e-mails".  Bet fox is saying "Read those e-mails".

Question though:  All this focus on Hillary is all fine and good but what about Trump?  I mean, why isn't Wikileaks trying to get Trump's Campaign e-mails?  That's only fair, right?  Why so much focus on Clinton?  We ALREADY know she's doing bad shit.

Wikileaks simply releases whatever you email them. If you want Trump's emails, then I suggest you find some hackers that want them, too.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: October 16, 2016, 04:28:19 PM »

Wikileaks simply releases whatever you email them. If you want Trump's emails, then I suggest you find some hackers that want them, too.
I thought they had people who helped them and not just "random people who decided to send shit to them".

« Reply #1449 on: October 16, 2016, 04:36:54 PM »

With the Mormons putting forth one of their own (McMullin), their plan is not to actually win the US presidential election, but rather to “distort/skew” the United States Electoral College in Clinton's favor.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: October 16, 2016, 04:46:56 PM »
With the Mormons putting forth one of their own (McMullin), their plan is not to actually win the US presidential election, but rather to “distort/skew” the United States Electoral College in Clinton's favor.

Clinton already has a huge lead.
Also, why would they?  They're conservatives.

Rama Set

« Reply #1451 on: October 16, 2016, 04:52:10 PM »

I thought they had people who helped them and not just "random people who decided to send shit to them".

Anyone can upload to their servers, then on the wiki leaks side they have people who vet and verify what is uploaded.

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: October 16, 2016, 08:02:43 PM »

Clinton already has a huge lead.
Also, why would they?  They're conservatives.

You may be right about that, but Hilary Clinton is also a political conservative as much of the world is concerned. For example, she's more openly anti-Chinese than Reagan or Bush and perhaps than any major politician since the pre-Nixon era.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: October 16, 2016, 08:58:04 PM »

Anyone can upload to their servers, then on the wiki leaks side they have people who vet and verify what is uploaded.
Soo...
They choose what they leak and what they don't with no way to verify it's from the source indicated?

Honestly, they sound just like the media.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: October 16, 2016, 09:04:36 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/16/north-carolina-gop-headquarters-firebombed.html?cmpid=prn_msn

God damn Liberals!  First they're a bunch of pussies and "safe space" wimps, now they're fire bombing buildings.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: October 16, 2016, 09:14:44 PM »
This is just another result of spreading the narrative that Trump is literally Hitler and that only Nazis could ever possibly care about who comes across our nation's border.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-decries-wild-west-media-landscape-214642552.html

Good thing the Ministry of Truth is here to test what the media can and can't say.

George

« Reply #1456 on: October 16, 2016, 09:35:50 PM »
This is just another result of spreading the narrative that Trump is literally Hitler and that only Nazis could ever possibly care about who comes across our nation's border.

lol triggered

sounds like you need a safe space

Rama Set

« Reply #1457 on: October 16, 2016, 11:27:52 PM »

Soo...
They choose what they leak and what they don't with no way to verify it's from the source indicated?

Honestly, they sojund just like the media.

The try to verify it is from the source just not through the submitter.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: October 16, 2016, 11:57:15 PM »

lol triggered

sounds like you need a safe space

My safe space is 3.8 million square miles and its currently being invaded by uneducated mongrels. Out out out!

Rama Set

« Reply #1459 on: October 17, 2016, 12:05:08 AM »
Leading the horde of uneducated mongrels, a man who thinks SnL has singled him out for a "hit job".

Or Trump, you delicious mongrel, you.