Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #1340 on: September 21, 2016, 12:44:15 AM »
i can't tell if you're kidding or not.  one of them has never accused obama of being a foreigner and has explicitly decried the notion.  the other has been publicly advancing the same for at least 5 years.  those are equivalent to you?

She only began decrying the notion after she thoroughly lost the primary.

source?

You want me to source Hillary not doing things? Have you really been James Comey this whole time?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 12:45:53 AM by Rushy »

George

« Reply #1341 on: September 21, 2016, 02:18:18 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/17/politics/hillary-clinton-birther-conspiracy/

Hillary did disavow the birthers (although at that point in time, it was more about Obama being a Muslim than him being born in Kenya) in March 2008, long before the primary ended.  Granted, she did throw in a weaselly disclaimer of "as far as I know," which I won't defend.  So her hands aren't entirely clean - although I do find it amusingly ironic that if Trump had said something like "as far as I know" after a supposed disavowal of a bullshit attack on a rival, his fans would refuse to see anything wrong with it at all.  "What are you talking about, he's encouraging the rumor by saying it's as far as he knows?  That doesn't make any sense!  He literally just made a factually-correct statement that it was as far as he knows!  What, do you think he should have said it was as far as he didn't know?  Or that he should have pretended to be omniscient and claimed he knew beyond a shadow of a doubt?  This is hilarious, you're suggesting that he meant the exact opposite of what he said!  What a ridiculous liberal you are!"

Also, if we're defining "starting" the rumor as simply spreading it around, making it popular (as opposed to literally dreaming up the idea and being the first to voice it), then Trump deserves far more of the blame than Hillary and/or her supporters do.  Yes, it became fairly well-known during the 2008 election, but it was still clearly fringe; something people knew about but nobody beyond a few random nuts actually believed.  It wasn't until Trump ran with the idea that it rocketed into the mainstream.  All of a sudden, a well-known figure had thrown his weight behind the idea.  It was getting heavy media coverage.  Polls were conducted asking people whether or not they thought it was true.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 04:42:40 AM by George »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 21, 2016, 03:07:30 AM »
It's a shame he gave it up. Obama was born in Kenya and is definitely a Muslim.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 21, 2016, 06:51:28 AM »
It's a shame he gave it up. Obama was born in Kenya and is definitely a Muslim.
The God Emporer Trump never surrenders.  Don't you hear him speak?

Clearly he was simply incorrect.
Which is also impossible.

But he's so amazing, he can hold two contradictory opinions at once and still be correct on both.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 21, 2016, 08:30:00 AM »
he can hold two contradictory opinions at once and still be correct on both.
The Mastery.

« Reply #1345 on: September 21, 2016, 04:54:04 PM »
You want me to source Hillary not doing things? Have you really been James Comey this whole time?

i meant evidence that clinton started, or really even had anything to do with, the birther movement.

it would look something like this: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/09/16/donald_trump_s_birther_tweets_in_order.html
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: September 21, 2016, 05:46:19 PM »

i meant evidence that clinton started, or really even had anything to do with, the birther movement.

it would look something like this: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/09/16/donald_trump_s_birther_tweets_in_order.html

I've already given that to you. Asking for it repeatedly isn't going to change much.

« Reply #1347 on: September 22, 2016, 06:47:14 AM »
It could be that Hillary is using multiple doubles/doppelgangers most of the time: it becomes difficult to discern which one of these doubles is actually the real Hillary.

However, this is not what should be worrying the GOP so much.

The mysterious deaths of the husband of a US prosecutor who was investigating B. Clinton, of a top United Nations official who was set to testify in a case involving Hillary, of an attorney who was investigating claims made by the Sanders camp, of a top American Democratic Party staffer who was preparing to testify against Hillary, means that the ruling cabal which does support Hillary is prepared to go any lengths and to the very end to reach their goals.

The fact that the Fed did not raise the rates, at least by a quarter percent, does not help Trump at all.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 24, 2016, 08:27:27 AM »
http://www.npr.org/2016/09/23/495211893/after-bitter-primary-fight-ted-cruz-to-back-donald-trump

I am deeply disappointed.
Does anyone in politics have a backbone to stick by their convictions?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: September 24, 2016, 03:21:06 PM »
http://www.npr.org/2016/09/23/495211893/after-bitter-primary-fight-ted-cruz-to-back-donald-trump

Are you saying you're surprised that politicians are politicking?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1350 on: September 24, 2016, 03:37:00 PM »

Are you saying you're surprised that politicians are politicking?
More like I'm surprised certain politicians are politicking in the form of unity and not stubbornness.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: September 27, 2016, 10:09:27 AM »

Obviously he must be dying. R.I.P. Trump. :/
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

« Reply #1352 on: September 30, 2016, 02:36:37 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/555enx/official_statement_call_to_action_following_the/

i didn't realize that the_donald was a performance art piece.  brilliant.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

George

« Reply #1353 on: September 30, 2016, 03:29:35 AM »
They sound triggered.  What a bunch of oversensitive betacuck pussies, amirite?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: September 30, 2016, 06:04:42 AM »
I appreciate the hand waiving away of an assault victim. He deserved it because of what he was wearing, amirite? Gee, that sounds familiar.

If we are trying to point out retarded election shit on Reddit, I'd suggest also checking /r/politics

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: September 30, 2016, 07:12:38 AM »
I appreciate the hand waiving away of an assault victim.
It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Leave it to liberals to dehumanise someone the moment said someone complains about being dehumanised.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: September 30, 2016, 12:45:33 PM »
I appreciate the hand waiving away of an assault victim.
It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Leave it to liberals to dehumanise someone the moment said someone complains about being dehumanised.
Well it's not too difficult to comprehend that they're probably tired of being patronized about safe-spaces and trigger words to the point where they don't care if Republicans get their "karma."
They're humans, not saints.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: September 30, 2016, 12:48:35 PM »
Well it's not too difficult to comprehend that they're probably tired of being patronized about safe-spaces and trigger words to the point where they don't care if Republicans get their "karma."
They're humans, not saints.
Sure, but because everyone else is also human, they're likely to have little respect for people who practise the opposite of what they preach.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

George

« Reply #1358 on: September 30, 2016, 01:03:36 PM »
I'm sorry, I thought that Trump supporters were big strong manly men who don't need no safe spaces and never whine or bitch.  Complaining about something abstract like "dehumanizing language" sounds more like an emasculated liberal wimp.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 09:32:34 PM by George »

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: September 30, 2016, 01:15:50 PM »
Sure, but because everyone else is also human, they're likely to have little respect for people who practise the opposite of what they preach.
Well, to be fair - I don't think the people in El Cajon are the ones wanting safe spaces. San Diego has historically been a Republican county. I'm honestly surprised this even happened, but I suppose emotions were high at the protests.