Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #1240 on: August 22, 2016, 10:10:33 AM »
Too bad the second one was engineered but whatever.
Oh, because the first one wasn't :^)
We've no evidence of it.  Maybe, but I'm not going to say it was if no one even hinted that it was.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #1241 on: August 22, 2016, 07:31:01 PM »
Too bad the second one was engineered but whatever.
Oh, because the first one wasn't :^)
We've no evidence of it.  Maybe, but I'm not going to say it was if no one even hinted that it was.

I'm inclined to believe most presidential elections from the 70's on has been manufactured. No more threat of having any Irish Catholic boys trying to stir things up.

« Reply #1242 on: August 26, 2016, 03:13:36 PM »
Well if we get both parties trying to engineer elections, pretty soon we get somewhat fair elections. 👍

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: August 26, 2016, 03:48:22 PM »
If Hillary wins, America will remain a shithole and will probably only get worse.
The Mastery.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 26, 2016, 08:06:24 PM »
If Hillary wins, America will remain a shithole and will probably only get worse.

If Trump wins...
The same thing will happen.  Maybe an added war.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: August 27, 2016, 09:56:30 AM »
Trump will make America Great Again
The Mastery.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile

« Reply #1248 on: August 29, 2016, 05:20:52 PM »

If Trump wins...

What leads you to believe that Trump as opposed to Hillary would be more likely to start a war?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 29, 2016, 06:50:02 PM »

If Trump wins...

What leads you to believe that Trump as opposed to Hillary would be more likely to start a war?
Quite simple:
Hillary Clinton chooses her words carefully when talking to foreign nations.
Donald Trump does not and has insulted people without even realizing it.  He's also gone on record as basically saying people misunderstood what he said.  Wars are started very easily on misunderstandings.
Hell, he went to Scotland (a country who has luke warm feelings for him) and didn't bother reading up on how they voted on Brexit, prompting him to congratulate them on a victory.  To which they were very unhappy about.  Now Scotland is far more forgiving then say... China or Iran.  All he needs to do is make one wrong word or social faux pa and war begins.  Donald Trump just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who does his cultural research prior to visiting another culture.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 29, 2016, 08:03:23 PM »
Can you cite some examples of wars being caused because someone said something mean (aka hurt feelz).

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 29, 2016, 08:18:12 PM »
Can you cite some examples of wars being caused because someone said something mean (aka hurt feelz).
No.

But I can cite plenty of wars started by people who were assholes and believed that another group was unfair or had something they wanted. 

My point being: Donald Trump does not have a gentle touch nor does he go into diplomatic situations fully armed with the knowledge he should have.  He talks off the cuff and while that may sound great on the campaign trail, it's not good for diplomatic relations.

Sure, I'm probably exaggerating about one wrong word causing a war but I've no doubt that he could make relations very strained by his words.  Maybe not enough to start a war, but certainly enough to destroy trade opportunities.

« Reply #1252 on: August 29, 2016, 08:34:28 PM »
No.

But I can cite plenty of wars started by people who were assholes and believed that another group was unfair or had something they wanted. 

My point being: Donald Trump does not have a gentle touch nor does he go into diplomatic situations fully armed with the knowledge he should have.  He talks off the cuff and while that may sound great on the campaign trail, it's not good for diplomatic relations.

Sure, I'm probably exaggerating about one wrong word causing a war but I've no doubt that he could make relations very strained by his words.  Maybe not enough to start a war, but certainly enough to destroy trade opportunities.

Nothing he says will hurt anyone or anything.

Money talks. If he knows nothing else, he knows that.

But your assertion that there will be more war and bloodshed under Trump than Hillary is completely baseless. If anything Hillary has shown very limited restraint from overthrowing leaders of entire nations and continuing the war machine. Obama was elected on anti war pretenses, and showed relatively quickly that he had no intention of upholding any of the promises he made in that regard; his selection of Clinton as his secretary of state further showed that the establishment has no intention on dropping fewer bombs or causing civil war and unrest in sovereign countries.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: September 01, 2016, 07:06:04 AM »

« Reply #1254 on: September 02, 2016, 04:34:20 PM »

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: September 02, 2016, 06:37:43 PM »
See, right after the meeting, they had a nice speech, said nice things about each other, said that payment of a wall wasn't discussed, etc...

Then after Trump came home to do his speech in Arizona, not only did he say contradictory things about what was discussed at the meeting but President Enrique Pena Nieto did the same thing.  He bashed Trump and his wall, stating that Mexico paying for it was not going to happen.

So right now I'm just wondering which one is lying more.

George

« Reply #1256 on: September 02, 2016, 07:36:49 PM »
You actually have to wonder about that?  Of course Trump is the one who's lying.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: September 03, 2016, 02:48:10 AM »
You actually have to wonder about that?  Of course Trump is the one who's lying.
No, they both lied.  Just not sure whose lying more.

George

« Reply #1259 on: September 03, 2016, 02:43:08 PM »
The alt-media is always saying that things are at a breaking point, the economy is about to collapse, shit is about to hit to fan, martial law will soon be declared, etc.  I don't see any reason to take their word for it this time.