Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #1060 on: July 30, 2016, 06:35:14 PM »
I think you have your timeline mixed up, the DNC hack happened well before Trump's comments on Hillary's deleted emails.

Yeah, Trump asked that after it was reported Russia was likely responsible.
Even the latest one?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 31, 2016, 03:56:02 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/us/politics/donald-trump-khizr-khan-wife-ghazala.html

:-\

What? It looks like Trump was calling out the Democrats for using a dead soldier as political ammo. Because that's exactly what they were doing. The pragmatism of Trump is kind of fun to watch sometimes.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 03:58:42 AM by Hollocron »

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 31, 2016, 07:31:22 AM »
Interviewer: What do you say to the man saying you don't understand true sacrifice?
Trump: i've made a lot of sacrifices, for example, i have a lot of money and jobs
Interviewer: ...those are sacrifices?
Trump: yes they are i am rich and i make a lot of money

Amazing. He's not even president and he's already as much of a goldmine as George W. Bush was.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 31, 2016, 12:40:01 PM »
Interviewer: What do you say to the man saying you don't understand true sacrifice?
Trump: i've made a lot of sacrifices, for example, i have a lot of money and jobs
Interviewer: ...those are sacrifices?
Trump: yes they are i am rich and i make a lot of money

Amazing. He's not even president and he's already as much of a goldmine as George W. Bush was.

While his answer wasn't great, I don't think that's a fair way to paraphrase it. He wasn't talking about the money he makes personally, but the number of Americans he employs and pays money to.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: July 31, 2016, 01:05:57 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/us/politics/donald-trump-khizr-khan-wife-ghazala.html

People like Hillary are the reason their son is dead. That they support her for some reason is strange when Trump is the anti-war candidate.

This also happens to be why personally I can't vote for Hillary. She is a woman who has made a living by dragging more and more nations into bloody conflicts.

« Reply #1066 on: July 31, 2016, 01:52:51 PM »
trump supporters: how do you feel about trump's encouragement to russia to release stolen/hacked documents?  does it trouble you at all?
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

George

« Reply #1067 on: July 31, 2016, 01:55:57 PM »

People like Hillary are the reason their son is dead. That they support her for some reason is strange when Trump is the anti-war candidate.

This also happens to be why personally I can't vote for Hillary. She is a woman who has made a living by dragging more and more nations into bloody conflicts.

That's a good response.  Trump should have said something like that, instead of speculating that the mother wasn't allowed to speak.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 31, 2016, 03:24:49 PM »
trump supporters: how do you feel about trump's encouragement to russia to release stolen/hacked documents?  does it trouble you at all?

I don't condone hacking, but if Russia already has Hillary's emails (and I'm like 99% sure they do, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if every country other than the US had them), then it would only be in US intelligence's best interest to have them as well. Why would the US want Russia to know what's in those documents without knowing themselves?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 31, 2016, 03:36:41 PM »

I don't condone hacking, but if Russia already has Hillary's emails (and I'm like 99% sure they do, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if every country other than the US had them), then it would only be in US intelligence's best interest to have them as well. Why would the US want Russia to know what's in those documents without knowing themselves?
If Russia has them and the US does not, the US has a shitty intelligence agency.  Just saying.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 31, 2016, 03:40:45 PM »

If Russia has them and the US does not, the US has a shitty intelligence agency.  Just saying.

This was already evident from Comey's conclusion.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 31, 2016, 03:45:42 PM »

That's a good response.  Trump should have said something like that, instead of speculating that the mother wasn't allowed to speak.

Apparently Trump did think this was a good response:

Interesting, I didn't read this before I made that reply.

If Russia has Hillary's emails, they got them a long time ago; definitely before Trump announced his presidential candidacy. That private server has been air-gapped and sitting in Quantico for about two years.

Trump brought this up because Hillary claimed not only could people not have those emails, but that the emails were of no significance to the government and were all about yoga and shopping. Hillary is now admitting that the emails were of importance to national security and that Trump should be ashamed of talking about Russia hacking national security assets. Trump once again forced his opponent to reveal their own weakness. Should we really blame Trump for pointing to the consequences of Hillary's choice to have that private server?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 03:47:56 PM by Rushy »

Rama Set

« Reply #1072 on: July 31, 2016, 03:51:30 PM »
My problem is that Trump encouraged Russia to sell them to the media. Seems like a conflict of interest for a presidential front-runner to encourage private business to profit off of the governments likely corruption.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 31, 2016, 03:57:20 PM »
If Russia has Hillary's emails, they got them a long time ago; definitely before Trump announced his presidential candidacy. That private server has been air-gapped and sitting in Quantico for about two years.

Trump brought this up because Hillary claimed not only could people not have those emails, but that the emails were of no significance to the government and were all about yoga and shopping. Hillary is now admitting that the emails were of importance to national security and that Trump should be ashamed of talking about Russia hacking national security assets. Trump once again forced his opponent to reveal their own weakness. Should we really blame Trump for pointing to the consequences of Hillary's choice to have that private server?

Where does Hillary say that the missing e-mails are of national security?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 31, 2016, 05:18:49 PM »

I suppose a more accurate statement would be "Hillary's campaign" now admits to the emails being a national security issue. I'm sure Hillary still holds this opinion:

Quote from: Hillary Clinton
I chose not to keep my private personal emails -- emails about planning Chelsea's wedding or my mother's funeral arrangements, condolence notes to friends as well as yoga routines, family vacations, the other things you typically find in inboxes.

The 33,000 deleted emails that weren't handed over to the FBI were just emails about Chelsea's wedding and yoga routines. Why would it be a big deal for Russia to have those emails?

The Russia nonsense, regardless, is a red herring built up so that people ignore the leaks because of who might have released them. Assange claims the leaks came from a DNC insider, not Russians. I'd believe Assange before I believe Hillary shills.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 05:21:24 PM by Rushy »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 31, 2016, 05:27:51 PM »

I suppose a more accurate statement would be "Hillary's campaign" now admits to the emails being a national security issue. I'm sure Hillary still holds this opinion:

Quote from: Hillary Clinton
I chose not to keep my private personal emails -- emails about planning Chelsea's wedding or my mother's funeral arrangements, condolence notes to friends as well as yoga routines, family vacations, the other things you typically find in inboxes.

The 33,000 deleted emails that weren't handed over to the FBI were just emails about Chelsea's wedding and yoga routines. Why would it be a big deal for Russia to have those emails?

The Russia nonsense, regardless, is a red herring built up so that people ignore the leaks because of who might have released them. Assange claims the leaks came from a DNC insider, not Russians. I'd believe Assange before I believe Hillary shills.
Nothing in that statement says those deleted emails were of national security, merely that a political opponent encouraging foreign espionage against his opponent is a matter of national security.
The statement would hold true for anyone.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 31, 2016, 05:40:26 PM »
Nothing in that statement says those deleted emails were of national security, merely that a political opponent encouraging foreign espionage against his opponent is a matter of national security.

Trump wanted the emails, and the emails were either a national security concern or they weren't. Hillary claims they weren't and someone in her campaign claims they are. That's a pretty interesting rift in opinion.

Also, we have a treaty with Russia that makes them legally obligated to release information to us that shows illegal activity. If they do have the emails, they're legally obligated to release them to the DoJ at the very least. Since the emails aren't a national security concern, no big deal.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 05:42:21 PM by Rushy »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 31, 2016, 06:37:08 PM »

Trump wanted the emails, and the emails were either a national security concern or they weren't. Hillary claims they weren't and someone in her campaign claims they are. That's a pretty interesting rift in opinion.

Also, we have a treaty with Russia that makes them legally obligated to release information to us that shows illegal activity. If they do have the emails, they're legally obligated to release them to the DoJ at the very least. Since the emails aren't a national security concern, no big deal.
But your statement link doesn't specify the emails are a national security issue, just that asking for a foreign power to hack anyone in the US is a national security risk.  If you have another statement I'm interested.

As for the second part.  Absolutely.  If they have them I hope they do share them. 

Though if Hilary was smart (and she's not) she'd have a bunch of people in India or Taiwan typing out 30,000 personal e-mails about Yoga or to her children.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 31, 2016, 11:16:40 PM »
But your statement link doesn't specify the emails are a national security issue, just that asking for a foreign power to hack anyone in the US is a national security risk.  If you have another statement I'm interested.

As for the second part.  Absolutely.  If they have them I hope they do share them. 

Though if Hilary was smart (and she's not) she'd have a bunch of people in India or Taiwan typing out 30,000 personal e-mails about Yoga or to her children.

That link was a campaign statement in direct response to Trump's email request from the Russians. If the link is referring to something else, then what is it referring to?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 01, 2016, 05:37:27 AM »

That link was a campaign statement in direct response to Trump's email request from the Russians. If the link is referring to something else, then what is it referring to?

Yes.
And it is the act of asking a foreign power to do something illegal that is a national security, not the subject of emails.
It would still apply if Trump asked Russia to find Chelsea Clinton's baby pictures or to find evidence of corruption in Obama's cabinet.