Round Earth Conspiracy
« on: September 30, 2017, 01:56:54 PM »
What is the purpose of the Round Earth Conspiracy?

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
Re: Round Earth Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 05:04:36 PM »

MF you're headed to the snowglobe.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Revel

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 03:31:47 AM »

Google, a reliable source of information, states that controversy is "disagreement, typically when prolonged, public, and heated." Majority affirmation has arisen in favor of a round Earth. It is more sensible to call the notion of a flat Earth as the subject of major disagreement. Why do people believe in a Round Earth? This is a different question entirely.

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 03:37:59 AM »
$$$$$$$$$$
The hallmark of true science is repeatability to the point of accurate prediction.

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 03:46:37 AM »
$$$$$$$$$$

So how does one make dollars from fooling people about the shape of the Earth?

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 03:59:29 AM »
$$$$$$$$$$

Step 1: Receive 19 billion dollars to run the space program
Step 2: Spend less than 19 billion dollars producing movies and images instead of spaceships and rockets
Step 3: Pocket the balance
Step 4: Repeat next year
The hallmark of true science is repeatability to the point of accurate prediction.

Revel

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 04:13:41 AM »
$$$$$$$$$$

Step 2: Spend less than 19 billion dollars producing movies and images instead of spaceships and rockets

What makes you think someone couldn't make money fooling someone about a space program that "orbits" a Flat Earth? Or flies across one end of the thick disk to the next? Why not? What's on the other side of this disk? MAGIC?

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 04:22:30 AM »

So you're saying that the effort to fool people into round Earth belief started with the creation of NASA in 1958 and that profit was the motive.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 12:29:16 PM »
$$$$$$$$$$

The big problem with this is that they actually have to spend vast amounts of that money. I've had the fortune of touring a NASA facility. Quite large, quite expensive. It also requires that every other space-faring nation goes along with it. Also, NASA does far more than just space exploration. Your hypothesis doesn't hold up to scrutiny.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 03:26:58 PM »
What makes you think someone couldn't make money fooling someone about a space program that "orbits" a Flat Earth? Or flies across one end of the thick disk to the next? Why not? What's on the other side of this disk? MAGIC?

So you're saying that the effort to fool people into round Earth belief started with the creation of NASA in 1958 and that profit was the motive.

Here are a couple of quotes from the wiki on these topics...
https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Conspiracy

Quote from: tfes.org wiki
There is no Flat Earth Conspiracy. NASA is not hiding the shape of the earth from anyone. The purpose of NASA is not to 'hide the shape of the earth' or 'trick people into thinking it's round' or anything of the sort.

There is a Space Travel Conspiracy. The purpose of NASA is to fake the concept of space travel to further America's militaristic dominance of space. That was the purpose of NASA's creation from the very start.
Quote from: tfes.org wiki
The earth is portrayed as round in NASA media because NASA thinks it's round. They are not running a real space program, so they wouldn't know what shape the earth truly takes. At the time of NASA's creation the general population already believed that the earth was round, based on the handed down teachings of the Ancient Greeks, which is why it was depicted in that manner. As with everyone else in the country, the people at NASA were taught the fiction of a globe earth from the cradle, so there was no doubt in their mind as how to display it.

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 03:48:02 PM »

The big problem with this is that they actually have to spend vast amounts of that money. I've had the fortune of touring a NASA facility. Quite large, quite expensive. It also requires that every other space-faring nation goes along with it. Also, NASA does far more than just space exploration. Your hypothesis doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

I haven't put together a serious analysis so I can only make general suppositions.
Let suppose that vast amounts of money is millions of dollars.  How about hundreds of millions?  Let's count that as 'vast'.
If NASA received billions and spent millions, they would still be rerouting billions.

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 04:10:01 PM »

I haven't put together a serious analysis so I can only make general suppositions.
Let suppose that vast amounts of money is millions of dollars.  How about hundreds of millions?  Let's count that as 'vast'.
If NASA received billions and spent millions, they would still be rerouting billions.
What about every other space agency on Earth?
What about sat TV?
GPS?
The fake sat light?
The ISS that can be seen by anyone?
Every single one of them must be a lie to some extent. Why do the sat TV companies put up with it? What about the GPS manufacturers and programmers? How do we fake the ISS and other sats?

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2017, 07:41:59 PM »
What about sat TV?
GPS?
The fake sat light?
Every single one of them must be a lie to some extent. Why do the sat TV companies put up with it? What about the GPS manufacturers and programmers? How do we fake the ISS and other sats?

GPS alone is enough to convince me that the Earth is a globe.  But so is a simple sunset.
Berts1404 asked a simple question.  What is the purpose for the conspiracy?  I was answering what the motivation could be.
Billions of dollars would be a great motivation, both for NASA and for other space agencies.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2017, 08:27:20 PM »
What about sat TV?
GPS?
The fake sat light?

I posted a link somewhere on this site to some OpenSourced GPS software - which could be examined for evidence of NASA tampering - but I subsequently realize that actually, the GPS drivers used in Android phones must be available too:

https://source.android.com/source/

It's inconceivable that there could be code there that only pretends to use satellite data, but which instead uses "radio towers" or whatever FE nonsense is being said...it would have been found and exposed in a heartbeat!

Sadly, although this evidence is definitive proof that GPS is "real" - I just know Tom will say something like:  "Prove that it DOESN'T use tower data."    I could say "I examined the source code and it doesn't do that"...but somehow that doesn't sound like something someone would be likely to believe.

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2017, 11:08:30 PM »

We can suppose anything, but it isn't connected to fact, so what is the point? Also, no need to suppose, they are a govt agency. Their budget is public.

https://www.nasa.gov/pdf/516664main_NASAFY12_Budget_Estimates-Other-508.pdf
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50