Re: In FE, why is Earth a magnet?
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2022, 04:46:20 PM »
The point i was trying to make earlier is that you can think of a flat earth like a round earth when it comes to magnetism....   The magnetic field lines of each model lie along the axis of rotation.

And in both cases, the magnetic field lines would result in matter being compressed into roughly a sphere shape.

Magicalus

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2022, 04:58:54 PM »
Evidence that the atmosphere is shaped like a dome is in its ability to explain everyday observations like sunsets and star trails from a flat earth perspective.

Wait, so the atmosphere's a dome? But your model is double sided! The only way THAT works is if there are two domes, or just a spherical atmosphere. Either way, you now have a new problem to address:  How does the atmosphere work at all on the rim? Air isn't thinner near the equator, yet it would have to be in this model, because the domes don't reach it. Even if you use the sphere theory, there would still be less air around the rim, and air would constantly get thinner as you moved away from the pole until you hit the rim.

you posit that what we recognize as hemispheres are the two sides of the flat earth, with the equator on the rim.[/b]

That's not what I believe. I believe in a conventional South Pole centered AE map with a few alterations...   

The point i was trying to make earlier is that you can think of a flat earth like a round earth when it comes to magnetism....   The magnetic field lines of each model lie along the axis of rotation. 

BS. You said this:

The north pole as we know it on a spherical world (90'N Latitude) would be on the underside of a flat earth below the south pole / Antarctica.   Imagine your standing at the north pole on a spherical earth and the world is squished a little into a disc shape.  The south pole would still be beneath your feet on the other side of the world.   The only difference is that on a flat world we would only live in one particular hemisphere, or one side of earth, but the magnetic lines do dip under. 

If you had just mentioned poles I'd ignore it, but you mentioned living on one flattened hemisphere of the earth. That goes from an analogy to a new theory, which, as I've shown, doesn't work. And if the hemispheres are on opposite sides, then the equator must be on the rim.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 05:56:42 PM by Magicalus »

Offline Tron

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2022, 08:08:58 PM »
Magicalus- I suppose the "new" equator on a flat earth would be the earth's edge if the term "equator" is used to delineate the middle of two sides or two poles of an object...

The term "hemisphere" is wrong on a FE but it is useful for mapping purposes.   

Maybe the atmosphere is a big sphere wrapping around earth... I don't know.  For now "Dome" can at least describe what we see on this side of earth.

I don't know what the atmosphere is like at the edge of the world other then icy cold as it spins against space. 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 09:00:59 PM by Tron »
From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2022, 09:26:23 PM »
Stack, I've never said Earth is a hollowed out Dome..

I know and I didn't mean to imply that. Yours is a dome over a disk. A disk that is earth. What I was addressing is that your experiments didn't use a "dome" they used a solid hunk of glass. There is quite a difference.

To say it's not possible for air to affect the way we see objects on or away from Earth is unfair.

I never said the atmosphere has no affect on observations - Not sure where that is coming from.

Where is the sun in your model?

In any case, how do all those people who visit the North Pole flip down to the underside of the earth? How does that work?

And when you say, "but this is already a phenomenon we observe up there", you don't have to name the "we", but it would be helpful if you explained how you made that observation and where is "up there"?

Re: In FE, why do the magnetic poles exist?
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2023, 10:16:30 PM »
I think the earth is an Axial Disc Magnet...  Here is a picture...    I can't really speak about a Ring Magnet setup..

But in the left model, a compass wouldn't work, because both poles of the compass' magnets would be pulled towards the (geographic) north pole, thus resulting in a compass that points east-west (or vice versa) when you face north. I assume the right one is meant to be the round earth version.

Check the attachment, this is a real magnet

Magicalus

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2023, 03:27:38 PM »
Y'know, you never addressed a pretty big issue with this model: the compass points are pulled to the same point. You refuted this by saying that the poles are far away, [like in the round Earth model, but they aren't. The lack of thickness of the Earth means that the poles are incredibly close to each other, and from ground level you would be standing incredibly close to the center of this metaphorical bar magnet, unlike what happens with a globe. On this model, compasses do not work.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
Re: In FE, why do the magnetic poles exist?
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2023, 07:08:29 PM »
I think the earth is an Axial Disc Magnet...  Here is a picture...    I can't really speak about a Ring Magnet setup..

But in the left model, a compass wouldn't work, because both poles of the compass' magnets would be pulled towards the (geographic) north pole, thus resulting in a compass that points east-west (or vice versa) when you face north. I assume the right one is meant to be the round earth version.

Check the attachment, this is a real magnet

The ring magnet was clever but it can't work in this application.  The hole in the middle would have to allow enough space so the N polarities wouldn't interact. Two north ends force themselves apart. You'd have a hole in the field at the north pole where compasses would point away from the geographic pole.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.