A few questions relating to Universal Acceleration (UA)
« on: December 12, 2017, 07:09:44 PM »
1. UA - how does it account for variation in gravity with heights?
2. UA - other celestial bodies except earth stay in relative position, however based on what you say, a star, which has more gravity would move faster.
3. Special relativity - you say that the acceleration would slow down so as not to reach the speed of light, which is generally true, but gravity is constant - explain please.

If any FE believer could explain to me how UA works in regards to those in an FE model that'd be great, as the wiki doesn't have too much.

Offline Tom Haws

• Not Flat, Round, Ellipsoid, or Geoid. Just Earth.
    • View Profile
    • Tom Haws Interesting Random Discoveries
Re: A few questions relating to Universal Acceleration (UA)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 04:45:26 PM »
Sorry I am not whom you asked for. But you've been waiting patiently a few hours.

1. UA - how does it account for variation in gravity with heights?

Doesn't. Doesn't need to. 1. "You can't measure gravity." 2. There's no such thing as space travel. 3. There is no way to measure heights and distances that accurately.

2. UA - other celestial bodies except earth stay in relative position, however based on what you say, a star, which has more gravity would move faster.

I'm not clear on what keeps the sun, moon, and stars aloft. Consensus is that it's not entirely unplausible that UA is selective on what it "pushes".

3. Special relativity - you say that the acceleration would slow down so as not to reach the speed of light, which is generally true, but gravity is constant - explain please.

No. I think they are asserting that you can keep accelerating at 1 g forever and not reach the speed of light. I don't think they are mistaken about this, but I may be wrong. The real consensus objection seems to be that if this is linear (not centripetal) acceleration, it's using an awful lot of energy. We are essentially being eternally energized. Of course, we may be facing (upward) towards a central Anchor Object that we are orbiting, thus centripetally accelerated and centrifugally stuck to the earth.
Civil Engineer (professional mapper)

Thanks to Tom Bishop for his courtesy.

No flat map can predict commercial airline flight times among New York, Paris, Cape Town, & Buenos Aires.

The FAQ Sun animation does not work with sundials. And it has the equinox sun set toward Seattle (well N of NW) at my house in Mesa, AZ.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 06:26:33 PM »
1. Gravimeters exist
2. Fair dos
3. you can't accelerate at approx 9.81m/s^2 forever. that was my original objection, that if it doesn't reach the speed of light (which it wouldn't, that's true), it would slow down or even stop acceleration, meaning that it is no longer approx. 9.81, and g is a constant.

But thanks for the reply anyway, you seem to have read into FE a bit.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 06:37:06 PM »
1. Gravimeters exist
2. Fair dos
3. you can't accelerate at approx 9.81m/s^2 forever. that was my original objection, that if it doesn't reach the speed of light (which it wouldn't, that's true), it would slow down or even stop acceleration, meaning that it is no longer approx. 9.81, and g is a constant.

1. Two 'options' presented. 'Celestial gravitation' i.e. the starts above and below the Earth are somehow affecting gravity upon Earth. OR gravimeters are fake.
3. Time dilation. To an outside observer we are indeed no longer accelerating at that speed, and are in fact moving quite slowly. But nothing has changed from our perspective. Because relativity. At least that's the assertion. I don't know enough about the specifics, but most people I've seen that have chimed in with more knowledge agree it works in theory.

Offline Tom Haws

• Not Flat, Round, Ellipsoid, or Geoid. Just Earth.
    • View Profile
    • Tom Haws Interesting Random Discoveries
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 06:39:06 PM »
1. Gravimeters exist

Apparently gravimeters are a hoax.

2. Fair dos

Thanks.

I am a civil engineer, and that is what I thought too. Apparently we are both wrong depending on your frame of reference.

I'm just a newcomer. But I am trying. CS above is a bit more seasoned.
Civil Engineer (professional mapper)

Thanks to Tom Bishop for his courtesy.

No flat map can predict commercial airline flight times among New York, Paris, Cape Town, & Buenos Aires.

The FAQ Sun animation does not work with sundials. And it has the equinox sun set toward Seattle (well N of NW) at my house in Mesa, AZ.