Offline RocketSauce

• I AM....THE NEGATIVE NOOB
    • View Profile
himawari-8
« on: December 08, 2017, 07:56:34 PM »
I tried doing a search for this, but it did not come back with any results. So...

I feel that it is sloppy and over simplified to blame NASA for faking all pictures of the Earth with composites and what not because there are other "agencies" doing the same thing. I think the largest obstacle for the FE enthusiast is the Japanese Himawari-8...   

They have made all visible light pictures from this thing public, and you can go back in history to when they turned on this option. It is claimed to be pictures taken of an entire hemisphere of the Earth every 10 minutes. As well, I can not see any clear evidence to say that this is fake, especially since the pictures are so detailed and so frequent. To navigate to any date and then scroll in on any cloud formation and then skip ahead 10 minutes at a time is truly amazing and would take some next level masterful Jedi Shill skill to fake and to still be representative of what someone on a local level could observe (ie seeing a storm coming above your house and also seeing it from the satellite images)...

I understand the easiest and cheapest response would be... How do you know it's accurate? My immediate response would be, I can look up the local weather/radar on the internet...

Regardless, has this Himarwari-8, been discussed and dismissed?

https://himawari8.nict.go.jp/   
*Pending*

Offline Sushi

• View Profile
Re: himawari-8
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 09:48:25 PM »
Yes, Himawari 8 shows real pictures of the globe.You can check your local weather and it will match with satellite pictures.
There are some nice images of the earth from DSCOVR EPIC which is about 1 million miles from earth on L1 orbit.
You can even see the latest solar eclipse from August.

Offline Roger G

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 01:59:40 PM »
There seems to be a distinct silence from FEs on this very relevant thread. Could it be that they have no logical answer?

Roger

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 02:39:30 PM »
There seems to be a distinct silence from FEs on this very relevant thread. Could it be that they have no logical answer?

Roger

Please don't bump a thread that is not even two days old just to complain that people aren't replying to your satisfaction.

Warned, and just so you know, you are on 3 warnings now. Next one is a 3-day ban.

Offline Roger G

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 01:10:42 AM »
Hello Junker, I can't really see why you consider I am bumping the thread because you feel  there were no replies to 'My Satisfaction'. If it was my thread I could understand your position, but the Himawari satellite is offering a fantastic opportunity for REs and FEs alike to examine the photos from every 10 minutes and make their own real observations to verify or discredit the images. It would seem to be exactly the sort of subject and thread that would inspire people to respond, so apologies if you think I was intentionally bumping it, but merely expressing surprise at the lack of response! 

I must have missed one of the warnings as I thought I was on one previously.

Roger

devils advocate

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 09:59:32 AM »

Roger

I wonder if it's due to the title of the thread, I scrolled past it a few times as it didn't grab my attention. now I've checked it out however, wow looks like a great tool. Maybe the subject should have been something more engaging as this warrants a lot more views.