Offline nonrounduniversecommittee

• If the Earth is flat, how come you so T H I C C ?
    • View Profile
The Edge
« on: December 04, 2017, 04:23:53 PM »
If the Earth is flat, which it isn't, why hasn't anyone gone to the edge and taken a picture of the proclaimed "Ice Wall" surrounding it?

Re: The Edge
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 04:34:40 PM »
The flat earthers here take pictures of large glaciers and such, some even labeled as so, and post them, calling them the supposed "ice wall."

Offline John Quinton

• flat earthers unite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 07:34:28 AM »
its pretty difficult to actually reach the edge of the earth. the icy terrain and freezing temperatures makes it nearly impossible for humans to actually reach far enough into the ice land to actually reach the end. most people attempting to reach the edge give up simply because of how difficult it is to reach. the weather is pretty intense their too, with winds reaching incredible temperatures which makes flying aircraft their near impossible. i believe that very soon we will have aircraft which can survive the winds and expose the truth

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 01:10:05 PM »
its pretty difficult to actually reach the edge of the earth. the icy terrain and freezing temperatures makes it nearly impossible for humans to actually reach far enough into the ice land to actually reach the end. most people attempting to reach the edge give up simply because of how difficult it is to reach. the weather is pretty intense their too, with winds reaching incredible temperatures which makes flying aircraft their near impossible. i believe that very soon we will have aircraft which can survive the winds and expose the truth

No one has tried, so where do you get your information? Who are the explorers who tried, but failed, to reach the "ice land?"
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

devils advocate

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 03:58:44 PM »
its It's pretty difficult to actually reach the edge of the earth. the The icy terrain and freezing temperatures makes it nearly impossible for humans to actually reach far enough into the ice land to actually reach the end. most Most people attempting to reach the edge give up simply because of how difficult it is to reach. the The weather is pretty intense their there too, with winds reaching incredible temperatures which makes flying aircraft their there near impossible. i I believe that very soon we will have aircraft which can survive the winds and expose the truth.

If that is the case John then how does anyone KNOW there is an ice wall? Seems your logic breaks down; if you argue that the reason no-one has pictures of the edge is because they can't close enough to see it then how do they know it exists???

Offline ghostopia

• The Earth is round
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 12:04:30 AM »

How come you have a picture of the ice wall in the wiki. Is this picture FAKE. If not, how did you take this photo?

https://wiki.tfes.org/File:Ice_Wall.jpg
Why believe in Flat Earth theory when there is so much evidence supporting Round Earth?

Flat Earth map cannot exist

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 05:31:34 PM »
So let's assume the earth is flat.

You sail to the edge of the earth and what happens?

Well this ice wall theory is kind of far-fetched. It's more likely that you reach the edge of the earth and something happens. Say you're sailing and you reach the edge of the world. It is very likely that some force keeps people from actually crossing over the world. This force could be anything from illusion to strong winds. Maybe you just cease to exist. 

Offline ghostopia

• The Earth is round
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 12:06:43 AM »
Gravity keeps pulling people towards the middle.  Easy.  There must be a more difficult challenge than that to the Flat Earth Truth.

Well if you believe in finite plate Earth, this would not work. This is because the center of Earth would be the arctic and you will be pulled toward there. So farther away you are from the center of Earth, you would feel the Gravity pulling you not the the ground but a little bit slanted toward the arctic.

I think you have different model from this site. I suggest you take a look at this wiki page.

And every time you get to the edge and take photos, the NASA guards take your phone!

Ok, how do you know this? Have you ever been there? I thought this Flat Earthers only believe empirical evidence.
Why believe in Flat Earth theory when there is so much evidence supporting Round Earth?

Offline ghostopia

• The Earth is round
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 12:16:18 AM »
Do you have a picture of dark matter?  Do you have a picture of EMF?  They exist too.

You noticed that dark matter is still a hypothesis, not a theory. There is no known evidence toward it, so we do not call them theory. They are just hypothesis that is filling the gap for now. They can be replaced with other hypotheses that are being supported with evidence.

About EMF, we can perform repeatable experiments with them. So we do have evidence supporting EMF.

I answered these, but how is this related to what I was asking? I was asking how do you know that NASA guards are taking phones when you reach the edge. So what I conclude from your response is that you don't have any evidence to support your hypothesis of NASA guards taking phone at the edge.

Offline ghostopia

• The Earth is round
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 12:23:21 AM »
The flat earthers here take pictures of large glaciers and such, some even labeled as so, and post them, calling them the supposed "ice wall."
If the Earth is flat, which it isn't, why hasn't anyone gone to the edge and taken a picture of the proclaimed "Ice Wall" surrounding it?
They have.  It's called the arctic shelf.

You noticed that the proposed ice wall that surrounds the Earth is Antarctica, right? I'm guessing that you are referring to ice shelf. Well the wikipedia clearly says this:

An ice shelf is a thick floating platform of ice that forms where a glacier or ice sheet flows down to a coastline and onto the ocean surface.

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 05:34:23 AM »
NASA just wants some fame. So they used Death Valley in Nevada at Night. And, there is no wind in space. Want proof, here!

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/098/overrides/flag-waving-moon-landing_9803_160x120.jpg

https://img.haikudeck.com/mg/9ED922C2-B307-4DE8-9F41-E6E16399685B.jpg

Look at these.

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2017, 03:53:06 PM »
NASA just wants some fame. So they used Death Valley in Nevada at Night. And, there is no wind in space. Want proof, here!

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/098/overrides/flag-waving-moon-landing_9803_160x120.jpg

https://img.haikudeck.com/mg/9ED922C2-B307-4DE8-9F41-E6E16399685B.jpg

Look at these.
First off, the thread is about the edge, not NASA on the moon. Try keep on topic.

Secondly, this is actually due to the design of the flag and its holder. It was created to have rigid, extendable support pieces on the top and bottom so that the flag would look taut. However, when the astronauts were setting the flag up, the bottom rod was jammed, and would not fully extend. Then, as they were twisting the pole into the ground, the motion caused the ripples we see.