Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Suggestion: Revive the "Who is doing what?" sticky post
« on: November 21, 2017, 09:22:01 AM »
Back in the day, we had a sticky thread to help people keep track of who's in charge of various aspects of the site. While I appreciate that the old thread has gone out of date and it made perfect sense to desticky it, I do believe it served an important function that should be restored.

To try and explain why I'm suggesting this: I found out today that 3DGeek has been trying to get in touch with the person in charge of the Wiki to correct (among other things) a spelling mistake. Putting how I feel about 3DG to one side for a moment, I think it's fair to say that if someone who's been around for as long as he has doesn't know how to make a suggestion like this, it's probably a sign that we're doing something wrong.

Reinstating that thread could be a good first step in helping people find the right contact. I don't know what the best place for the thread would be these days, it doesn't really click with the current spirit of Announcements imho - maybe a sticky in S&C, the place people will ordinarily go to complain?

I'll also be looking into other ways to improve communication around the Wiki, but that's probably something for a separate thread.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Revive the "Who is doing what?" sticky post
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 09:28:12 PM »
Find Moderator/Admin.
PM.

Post in "suggestions and concerns"

If he can't figure out one of the many ways to get in touch with someone who can fix spelling mistakes, I think the issue is his, not ours.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 09:47:57 PM »
I agree. However, I think the more feedback we get, the better. Making avenues of contact clearer could offer us more chances to improve.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 01:07:44 AM »
I agree with Pete. It would be a good idea to have an easy way to determine who is in charge of what. Perhaps this would be better managed as a wiki page with a link from the forum, though; I'll give it some thought.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol