Offline junker

• Planar Moderator
  • Boom
    • View Profile
OpenBSD 6.2
« on: October 10, 2017, 04:19:45 AM »
>tfw Parsifal hasn't made an OpenBSD release thread since 5.8...

I just installed 6.2 on my X201. Following some fairly generic documentation on getting a basic desktop environment setup with pleb-tier apps. Even though the previous install processes have been the same, I am enjoying this time around a quite bit more than before. Must be from talking with Parsifal about it hours on end. Maybe I will make a thread and post weekly about the time I spend with the OS. Then, I can stop updating it shortly after.
Please make sure to check out these resources to ensure that your time at tfes.org is enjoyable and productive.

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki

You're doing God's work, junker.

Offline Parsifal

• Administrator
  • Head Arthologist
    • View Profile
Re: OpenBSD 6.2
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 09:39:01 AM »
>tfw Parsifal hasn't made an OpenBSD release thread since 5.8...

That's because I don't run releases anymore. I run -current these days. Actually I'm already running newer code than what's in 6.2.

Also you didn't even link the page which lists all the new stuff: https://www.openbsd.org/62.html

I just installed 6.2 on my X201. Following some fairly generic documentation on getting a basic desktop environment setup with pleb-tier apps. Even though the previous install processes have been the same, I am enjoying this time around a quite bit more than before. Must be from talking with Parsifal about it hours on end. Maybe I will make a thread and post weekly about the time I spend with the OS. Then, I can stop updating it shortly after.

nice
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 09:42:19 AM by Parsifal »
There is free speech and there is being an annoying twat. This user is exercising his right to the latter.