Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Gravity
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2017, 05:22:55 PM »
I think this is a bit unfair. 
I for one am shocked.

If moderation is called for - perhaps you should be concerned about the fact that Rushy lied to us in one of his posts when he claimed to have done this measurement with "a laser pointer". This kind of downright misinformation is very damaging to the Flat Earth cause.   He should be asked to either clarify his meaning or retract it and admit that he was "economical with the truth".
I am actually not concerned at all. If he wants to clarify, he can. If you want to point out that you think he is lying, you are free to do so. None of that is against the rules. Low-content posts that don't contribute anything to the topic or existing discussion are against the rules (which should be clear to anyone who has taken the few minutes required to actually read the rules). If you have an issue with moderation, then you are welcome to post about it in the appropriate forum. Doing so here only further derails the discussion, so I will ask you to stay on topic.

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2017, 08:00:43 PM »
No magic in gravity. Mass attracts. Newton and Kepler figured it out a few hundred years ago.

If you believe in universal acceleration, please explain what is making the Earth accelerate. And why we observe star light shifted to the red end of the spectrum (things moving further away) rather than the opposite. If the Earth is accelerating, shouldn't you believe we are getting closer to the stars and other things we observe in the sky?

Whats more is that if there was universal acceleration, there wouldn't be a weaker gravitational pull the higher you go up. And this is very easily measurable if you go up 5000+ft. But there is a weaker gravitational pull the higher you go up.

Offline xenotolerance

• byeeeeeee
    • View Profile
    • flat Earth visualization
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2017, 09:33:41 PM »
I have a style of sarcasm that appears to be lost on junker, as a couple other recent posts like this have gotten me a warning. I was, in fact, joking, and it was not a request for clarification - it was pointing out a double standard regarding a lack of self-awareness on Rushy's part. But instead of writing "You have a double standard," I made fun of him. I did the same thing to junker in fact, when I responded "False" to one of his warnings, in what I'm sure was the first iteration ever of a completely original, super witty comeback to a mod warning.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2017, 09:48:25 PM »
I have a style of sarcasm that appears to be lost on junkeras a couple other recent posts like this have gotten me a warning. I was, in fact, joking, and it was not a request for clarification - it was pointing out a double standard regarding a lack of self-awareness on Rushy's part. But instead of writing "You have a double standard," I made fun of him. I did the same thing to junker in fact, when I responded "False" to one of his warnings, in what I'm sure was the first iteration ever of a completely original, super witty comeback to a mod warning.

I can't believe I didn't realize that is what you were doing... You sure are smart and witty. Unfortunately, if all you are going to do is bless us with your incredible sarcasm and not add anything to the thread, it is still low-content. And I know this next part might be hard for you to believe, but that is actually frowned upon in the upper (FE discussion) fora. It is even in the rules, which given how smart you are I know you have read (especially since there aren't very many).

Now that I am no longer lost on your style of sarcasmTM I will ask you to try keep your brilliantly witty posts on topic in the upper fora. You are free to enlighten others with your style of sarcasmTM as much as you'd like in the bottom two fora. I know since you are one of the top minds here you won't have any trouble finding them, but if you do happen to find yourself struggling just let me know!