Offline Ga_x2

• View Profile
High tide(s)
« on: September 30, 2017, 09:42:55 PM »
Apologies in advance for asking a question that has already been posed, but from a search in the upper fora I couldn't find a detailed answer. Threads kinda went all over the place.

What is the FE model for how tides work?

Today in my area the high tide was shortly before 10:00 AM, and the second high was shortly past 9:00 PM. The second was the less intense of the two. I can give other details if needed.

The wiki has this to say:
Celestial Gravitation is a part of some Flat Earth models which involve an attraction by all objects of mass on earth to the heavenly bodies. This is not the same as Gravity, since Celestial Gravitation does not imply an attraction between objects of mass on Earth. Celestial Gravitation accounts for tides and other gravimetric anomalies across the Earth's plane.
Which beside being a statement rife with problems of various nature has zero explanatory power.

I would love for some FEr to expand a bit on the concept, maybe explain what is causing the timing I gave, and I'm preemptively asking 3Dgeek et al to please NOT chime in to explain how tides work in a RE model (I don't know in detail and don't care), or how they think the FES thinks they work. This is a honest question which I'd like to see answered and not an invitation for a debate / derailing / general crapshooting

Thanks, cheers

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
Re: High tide(s)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 03:18:35 AM »

Which beside being a statement rife with problems of various nature has zero explanatory power.

Can I save this for future use?

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 01:03:24 PM »
Apologies in advance for asking a question that has already been posed, but from a search in the upper fora I couldn't find a detailed answer. Threads kinda went all over the place.

What is the FE model for how tides work?

Today in my area the high tide was shortly before 10:00 AM, and the second high was shortly past 9:00 PM. The second was the less intense of the two. I can give other details if needed.

The wiki has this to say:
Celestial Gravitation is a part of some Flat Earth models which involve an attraction by all objects of mass on earth to the heavenly bodies. This is not the same as Gravity, since Celestial Gravitation does not imply an attraction between objects of mass on Earth. Celestial Gravitation accounts for tides and other gravimetric anomalies across the Earth's plane.

I would love for some FEr to expand a bit on the concept, maybe explain what is causing the timing I gave, and I'm preemptively asking 3Dgeek et al to please NOT chime in to explain how tides work in a RE model (I don't know in detail and don't care), or how they think the FES thinks they work. This is a honest question which I'd like to see answered and not an invitation for a debate / derailing / general crapshooting

Thanks, cheers

God doesn't explain everything to us, or need to, our bodies for example are so complex in their daily working that the medical community is still baffled and amazed at the brilliant design.

Moses probably knew the timing of the low tides as land appeared in the red sea only to swallow the chasing soldiers as the tide rose again. God lowered the DEEP or ocean floors and raised the mountains to disperse and place the global flood waters in a way we have our continents of today.

Maybe one needs to think of the DEEP as GOD's body. The very deep ocean floors his chest that inhale and exhale twice a day giving this living earth it's high and low tides. Maybe tides are nothing more than our reminder of his brilliant design as he cradles us in his bosom? He controls all life breathing dependably day in and day out for eternity.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 01:05:43 PM by J-Man »
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline Ga_x2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 01:17:13 PM »
God does it
Thanks for the contribution. It's a possibility.
There's a catch, though. My municipality has a service predicting the tides (it's important around here) and it's very precise. It's not a church though, so I don't think they are in contact with the almighty. Do you happen to know *how* God does it? ;D

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »
God does it
There's a catch, though. My municipality has a service predicting the tides (it's important around here) and it's very precise. It's not a church though, so I don't think they are in contact with the almighty. Do you happen to know *how* God does it? ;D
most likely the same way he creates an electrical current in your body that surrounds your heart causing it to contract (pump) 2.5 BILLION times in your life. Did your crew figure that one out?
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline Ga_x2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 01:51:15 PM »
God does it
most likely the same way he creates an electrical current in your body that surrounds your heart causing it to contract (pump) 2.5 BILLION times in your life. Did your crew figure that one out?
I don't know, I can check with a cardiologist, if you want. What does this have to do with the OP?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 03:58:34 PM »
God does it
I don't know, I can check with a cardiologist, if you want. What does this have to do with the OP?

Because you ridicule the creator and expect someone not of God to understand. You can't even understand the basic principle of life, the body and how it works, yet you think YOU should be given the answer as to how something divine works.

Not only did God do it, he did everything. I know it's tough to swallow but your the one asking the questions because your clueless. Get it?

Offline Ga_x2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 04:18:18 PM »

Offline Ga_x2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 04:19:23 PM »

Can I save this for future use?
Be my guest ;D

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 06:03:17 PM »

God doesn't explain everything to us, or need to, our bodies for example are so complex in their daily working that the medical community is still baffled and amazed at the brilliant design.

Moses probably knew the timing of the low tides as land appeared in the red sea only to swallow the chasing soldiers as the tide rose again. God lowered the DEEP or ocean floors and raised the mountains to disperse and place the global flood waters in a way we have our continents of today.

Maybe one needs to think of the DEEP as GOD's body. The very deep ocean floors his chest that inhale and exhale twice a day giving this living earth it's high and low tides. Maybe tides are nothing more than our reminder of his brilliant design as he cradles us in his bosom? He controls all life breathing dependably day in and day out for eternity.

I don't understand why you're here. It sounds like asking questions is pointless because God did everything and doesn't have to explain himself to us.

That's great, except He DID explain lots to us, because we are able to calculate, with phenomenal precision:
- The timing of the tides
- The timing of eclipses, both solar and lunar, CENTURIES in advance

And that's leaving out anything that you might think is a fairy tale like GPS satellites.

If God Did It and That Settles It, why are you even in here talking to us losers? Why is there a forum? Why ask questions at all?
Why isn't the Wiki just "God did it, stop asking questions."?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 06:32:09 PM »

I don't understand why you're here. It sounds like asking questions is pointless because God did everything and doesn't have to explain himself to us.

That's great, except He DID explain lots to us, because we are able to calculate, with phenomenal precision:
- The timing of the tides
- The timing of eclipses, both solar and lunar, CENTURIES in advance

And that's leaving out anything that you might think is a fairy tale like GPS satellites.

If God Did It and That Settles It, why are you even in here talking to us losers? Why is there a forum? Why ask questions at all?
Why isn't the Wiki just "God did it, stop asking questions."?
Because it's a battle of good and evil. I'm choppin a few demonic heads here and there. Glad I'm under your skin.

You go ahead and use the "oh the moon pulls the water off both sides of the earth" spinning ball nonsense for tides.

In all of recorded time only twice in history, once in 1960 and once in 2012 did a submersible reach the bottom of the ocean. Even military subs only go 1/10 as deep. So yes you tell me how God explained it to you or let you see? Come again? I'm listening

Who asks questions here on this forum? The roundies not the God fearing FE'ers, we know the score.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 06:36:01 PM by J-Man »

Offline Ga_x2

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 08:37:08 PM »
More OT god talk
Look, either you have something relevant to the question to say or you're wasting everyone's time.
Everyday my municipality predicts the timing of the tides. And they are right. That alone disproves everything you've been blabbing about so far, so either provide an explanation or go pester someone else in the debate forum. Where's junker when he's needed?  :P

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 09:00:47 PM »
More OT god talk
Look, either you have something relevant to the question to say or you're wasting everyone's time.
Everyday my municipality predicts the timing of the tides. And they are right. That alone disproves everything you've been blabbing about so far, so either provide an explanation or go pester someone else in the debate forum. Where's junker when he's needed?  :P

I think you're stuck in the hot down under. You don't even open your mind to let refreshing thoughts enter. You're stuck on the CERN quest of finding or acting like the GOD particle. You can't get there without acceptance.

Let me give you a quote from a document:
"A document dated 1056 A.D. describes a similarly constructed table for the Chhien Thang river in China. What the producers of such tables
could not do was explain why tides should occur in the first place. The thought occurred to both European and Oriental thinkers
that the Earth itself might be alternately inhaling and exhaling sea water."

So you see Mr. RE'er no GOD just science men (thinkers) placing an answer to a question. Guys with brains.

https://www.siam.org/pdf/news/621.pdf

So when I give you an answer the way I did in my first post, you should understand I am a "thinker" "a man of God" which gives you truth and knowledge if only you want it.

Oh and Junker has not power over me. None, zip, I abide by the rules of my creator.

Offline Ga_x2

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 09:28:36 PM »
More God talk
Look, this has even less explanatory power than the wiki, and that's saying a lot.
I had a chuckle seeing you use scarequotes when describing yourself as a thinker, though.  ;D
NEXT!

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 10:09:57 PM »
i genuinely think i have an explanation for the two high tides and its simply that the GIF on the FAQs is slightly wrong. Okay so the moon pulls the tides out with its mass and there is two high tides a day but in the GIF it only shows the moon being in one place daily but the moon is moving faster than the sun and it show up twice in a day this can also explain why the moon is visible in daylight sometimes and also why it rises in different places it inst moving in a circular motion it is moving in a more crazy motion and a lot faster. this theory also explains eclipses and why the don't last for a day and are only view able in some countries  :) correct me if u think i'm wrong, have another theory or dont understand,

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2017, 10:17:57 PM »
Let me give you a quote from a document:
"A document dated 1056 A.D. describes a similarly constructed table for the Chhien Thang river in China. What the producers of such tables
could not do was explain why tides should occur in the first place. The thought occurred to both European and Oriental thinkers
that the Earth itself might be alternately inhaling and exhaling sea water."

So you see Mr. RE'er no GOD just science men (thinkers) placing an answer to a question. Guys with brains.

Wow. Quoting brainy guys from the 11th century. Open minded people have learned things and generally increased knowledge in the last 900 years. Well, some of them at least.

So are you suggesting that the predictions of tides are made by having learned the Earth's breathing pattern? Interesting that they can predict them so accurately. Most things that breathe have variations of their breathing patterns.

And should I assume that knowledge of the Earth's breathing is being kept secret by evil government conspiracies?

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 10:25:42 PM »
i genuinely think i have an explanation for the two high tides and its simply that the GIF on the FAQs is slightly wrong.

Are you referring to this animation (GIF)? https://wiki.tfes.org/File:SunAnimation.gif

The one that shows the moon orbiting the Earth once a day?
The one showing a repeating pattern with no seasons?
The one that can't possibly replicate the phases of the moon?
The one that shows the sun setting/rising in different directions than we observe with our eyes?

If so, it's more that slightly wrong.

Offline Ga_x2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 10:37:07 PM »
i genuinely think i have an explanation for the two high tides and its simply that the GIF on the FAQs is slightly wrong. Okay so the moon pulls the tides out with its mass and there is two high tides a day but in the GIF it only shows the moon being in one place daily but the moon is moving faster than the sun and it show up twice in a day this can also explain why the moon is visible in daylight sometimes and also why it rises in different places it inst moving in a circular motion it is moving in a more crazy motion and a lot faster. this theory also explains eclipses and why the don't last for a day and are only view able in some countries  :) correct me if u think i'm wrong, have another theory or dont understand,
you know, that would actually be a neat explanation (better than j-man's at any rate) but I don't think is confirmed by observations by either "camp"... fact is, we don't see the moon zip by at that speed. It would have to cross the sky in under 6 hours!  :o

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 11:16:31 PM »
i genuinely think i have an explanation for the two high tides and its simply that the GIF on the FAQs is slightly wrong.

Are you referring to this animation (GIF)? https://wiki.tfes.org/File:SunAnimation.gif

The one that shows the moon orbiting the Earth once a day?
The one showing a repeating pattern with no seasons?
The one that can't possibly replicate the phases of the moon?
The one that shows the sun setting/rising in different directions than we observe with our eyes?

If so, it's more that slightly wrong.
fine then very wrong but the thing about the sun is the if north is at the centre of a flat earth then from all different parts of the world north would point to the center south would point to the outside and east would piont to where the sun rises in a day as for the moon i explained it wasnt moving in that pattern and the seasons on it was wrong too the i think it would revolve in ovals that slightly change daily so at some points it would be in different parts of a country making it warmer and colder hence seasons

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 11:19:51 PM »
you know, that would actually be a neat explanation (better than j-man's at any rate) but I don't think is confirmed by observations by either "camp"... fact is, we don't see the moon zip by at that speed. It would have to cross the sky in under 6 hours!  :o
that is true but we can see the moon move while in the sky not zipping by but if there was a telescope pointing towards the moon at night and u watched the telescope for half an hour u would see it move