Re: Modern Feminism
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2017, 09:49:57 PM »
Yeah, he has been very critical of Sarkeesian. But to have an outspoken anti-harassment, anti-bullying advocate use her platform as a panelist to start slinging insults at an audience member seems hypocritical in the extreme.

word, i can totally see what you mean.  tbh neither of them seems like they'd be much fun at a party.

in her defense, i think there's a difference between the kind of harassment she's rallying against and calling someone a name at a conference.  i don't think her advocacy reduces to 'never be mean, ever.'  i think it's more like 'please stop threatening to rape me every time i play a video game or make a blog post.'  which, to rooster's point, would probably get frustrating.
shitposting leftists are never alone

Online Rama Set

• Round and round...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2017, 09:53:44 PM »
Yeah, he has been very critical of Sarkeesian. But to have an outspoken anti-harassment, anti-bullying advocate use her platform as a panelist to start slinging insults at an audience member seems hypocritical in the extreme.

word, i can totally see what you mean.  tbh neither of them seems like they'd be much fun at a party.

in her defense, i think there's a difference between the kind of harassment she's rallying against and calling someone a name at a conference.  i don't think her advocacy reduces to 'never be mean, ever.'  i think it's more like 'please stop threatening to rape me every time i play a video game or make a blog post.'  which, to rooster's point, would probably get frustrating.

She has actually specifically referenced almost exactly the same type of attacks as the biggest segment of the problem. I think she calls them "you suck" comments.
Technically the explanation for why the sun sets at higher altitudes is also "waves," and whatnot.

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2017, 06:10:32 PM »
Modern Feminism < a larger perspective
The first wave of Matthew 24 end time signs is deception ... another angsty rant from that awful dadsnet thing