Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: It's legal to kill across country borders...
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2018, 05:55:03 AM »
Do you want dead Mexican kids or not? Back Trump and this all goes away ... along with the Mexicans.

1. Illegal crossing arrests are already down 70%.  Is that because crossings have decreased or apprehensions?  Fuck if I know.

2. The wall hasn't even been decided as far as I know.  Prototypes are built but thats it.

3. Drones, tunnels, all of which bypass walls.  Remember, the Great Wall of China failed to stop invasions.

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2018, 02:36:34 PM »
The Federal Reserve can just print it, and are very happy to accept US treasuries which the government can just print, in exchange. It goes like this.

Bring Bring, Bring Bring ...

"Hello, Federal Reserve."
"Hi, this is the US Treasury. We'd like some money. Can you conjure $6bn please?"
"Sure, and will you be paying in treasuries, Mr Treasurer?"
"Do bears shit in the woods? So you print your worthless paper, we'll print ours, we'll swap paper and then some idiots will take that paper and exchange it with us for real goods and services."
"Excellent. Pleasure doing fraud with you. Bye."

No, the Fed can't "just print it." That's not how money creation works. And I don't think the word "treasuries" means what you think it does.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2018, 01:19:50 AM »
No, the Fed can't "just print it." That's not how money creation works. And I don't think the word "treasuries" means what you think it does.

That is exactly how money creation works and I know what treasuries are. So that you are up to speed ....

Quote from: http://www.investorwords.com/5057/Treasuries.html
Treasuries
Definition
Negotiable U.S. Government debt obligations, backed by its full faith and credit. Treasuries are issued by the U.S. government in order to pay for government projects.
Projects like building walls.

Does the FED buy these treasuries with the money it prints?
Quote from: https://www.thebalance.com/how-is-the-fed-monetizing-debt-3306126
How Is the Fed Monetizing the U.S. Debt?
When the Fed buys U.S. Treasuries, it allows the government to borrow more while keeping interest rates low.

A nation monetizes its debt when it converts debt to credit or cash. It frees up capital that's locked in the debt and puts it into circulation. The only way it can do this is with its central bank. The central bank purchases the government debt and replaces it with credit. The bank puts the debt on its balance sheet. It creates the credit out of thin air. A central bank is the only bank that can legally do this.

Next time on Baby Thork Educates honk ... honk learns how potato prints are made.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 01:22:43 AM by Baby Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Rama Set

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2018, 02:33:16 AM »
There is still a need for a congressional mandate to procure the funds to build this wall.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2018, 05:02:23 AM »
Fair enough regarding "treasuries," which I had never heard being used like that before, and now that I have, I find it to be a vague, lazy term that undoubtedly causes all sorts of confusion - but regardless, people do use it like that, so I stand corrected. But what you're saying about the Fed is nonsense, and the article you linked doesn't support it at all. Creating credit, lowering interest rates, and buying securities to take them out of circulation are long-term strategies to help the nation control and manage its debt. It's not about creating a sum of discrete cash that the government can then take and spend on a project. To put it in terms that perhaps you'll appreciate, much of the money that the Fed works with isn't "real." It's hypothetical money that's owed to them, but realistically will never be paid, money that the government owes to debtors, but realistically will never pay, and so on.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2018, 11:29:18 AM »
Fair enough regarding "treasuries," which I had never heard being used like that before, and now that I have, I find it to be a vague, lazy term that undoubtedly causes all sorts of confusion - but regardless, people do use it like that, so I stand corrected. But what you're saying about the Fed is nonsense, and the article you linked doesn't support it at all. Creating credit, lowering interest rates, and buying securities to take them out of circulation are long-term strategies to help the nation control and manage its debt. It's not about creating a sum of discrete cash that the government can then take and spend on a project. To put it in terms that perhaps you'll appreciate, much of the money that the Fed works with isn't "real." It's hypothetical money that's owed to them, but realistically will never be paid, money that the government owes to debtors, but realistically will never pay, and so on.

Using treasuries like that is exactly where the term 'montetizing debt' comes from. That's how the banks were bailed out. That's how you ran up a $trillion debt on the F-35, and if the US wanted to, that's how they could fund a wall. With money that the FED magics into existence, in exchange for throwing the debt on the US tab which it will never pay off anyway.

There is still a need for a congressional mandate to procure the funds to build this wall.
Yes, you keep saying this. Obviously for the government to monetize debt, the government has to agree to monetize debt. The point of my post was that if the US got behind Trump and built the wall, you wouldn't have border issues like this.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2018, 01:32:12 PM »
That's how the banks were bailed out.

The banks were bailed out by the government buying their distressed securities. It had nothing to do with debt monetization.

That's how you ran up a $trillion debt on the F-35

This also had nothing to do with debt monetization. You're just pointing to examples of high spending from the government and blaming it on the Fed.

Rama Set

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2018, 01:47:28 PM »
That's how the banks were bailed out.

The banks were bailed out by the government buying their distressed securities. It had nothing to do with debt monetization.

Where do you think the cash came from? The fed doesn’t have trillions of dollars just sitting in a bank account. They likely did a treasuries issue that was snatched up by the Chinese and Saudi Royal family.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2018, 07:26:13 PM »
In reality it is all done by the budget. Lets say the US decides to spend x amount.

The government looks at how much revenue it has from income taxes, medicare, corporate taxes ... every other form of tax yields very little.

It looks at this number and then says mmm, that number is x-y. But we need x. We have a shortfall of y. And we can't borrow any more ... unless we raise the debt ceiling. After a little brinkmanship and political posturing the government agrees to raise the debt ceiling by y and it issues treasuries to get the money. Now private investors and banks can buy this debt in a number of ways. T-bills, T-notes, T-bonds and CPI thingies that I confess I don't really understand as well. They are all types of treasuries.

The problem is, the yield on these 'investments' is at 300 year lows, and no one wants them because the FED has nailed the base rate to the floor. In fact many foreign powers are dumping US treasuries like never before. This leaves the government with only one place to go. The lender of last resort ... the Federal Reserve.

So the FED agrees to put those treasuries on its balance sheet, and it issues US dollars that pay for all the things the government wants. This is where F35 money comes from. The US puts the cost on its defense budget, and once the debt ceiling is raised, the FED prints the money and it ends up in the pockets of Lockheed Martin shareholders. Meanwhile the FED loads its balance sheet with all the treasuries that were printed when the debt ceiling rise was approved.

Now, bearing in mind the F35 is now running at $1.5 trillion or $1500 billion as a program, I really don't think there would be much issue with putting a paltry amount like $6 billion on the budget in order to get a much needed wall to keep out the despicable Mexicans. All it takes is political will. Money is not an issue.

If you are interested in how the UK does this, being a Brit I'm more familiar with our system than the US one. It is every bit as fraudulent, but for sheer comedy value, you have to look at how the EU does this. It is beyond fraud. It is downright ridiculous.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 07:28:03 PM by Baby Thork »