Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #2500 on: December 13, 2017, 07:13:03 AM »
Holy crap, Moore lost and Trump had to have someone else write a tweet!
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #2501 on: December 13, 2017, 12:59:53 PM »
Watch the dem candidate be the mastermind behind pizzagate.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: December 16, 2017, 09:11:00 PM »
http://thehill.com/news-by-subject/healthcare/365204-trump-admin-bans-cdc-from-using-evidence-based-and-science-based

So....
at what point can we actually say "Trump is Hitler" without sounding like we're exaggerating?  Cause I'm thinking objects in the mirror are closer than they appear.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #2504 on: December 16, 2017, 10:16:48 PM »
http://thehill.com/news-by-subject/healthcare/365204-trump-admin-bans-cdc-from-using-evidence-based-and-science-based

So....
at what point can we actually say "Trump is Hitler" without sounding like we're exaggerating?  Cause I'm thinking objects in the mirror are closer than they appear.

From the factual/literary standpoint: that line should never be used.
It's like saying "Jackie Chan IS Bruce Lee". No, he might be the "next Bruce Lee", but he is not the actual guy.
Or like saying the Beatles are Jesus. No, they were "Bigger than Jesus", but they weren't that guy from the Middle East.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: December 16, 2017, 11:16:00 PM »
at what point can we actually say "Trump is Hitler" without sounding like we're exaggerating?

I am going to go with never. I'd suggest doing a bit of research into Hitler as to why it won't ever be an apt comparison.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: December 17, 2017, 03:00:06 AM »
What does that have to do with fucking Hitler? It's certainly bad, but Hitler is not a synonym for general badness. Quit making our side look bad with frivolous Hitler comparisons. This is also bad:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/world/national-security/donald-trump-pursues-vladimir-putin-russian-election-hacking/

Trump is a fucking toddler. With every day that passes, he further cements his legacy as the worst president in American history.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: December 17, 2017, 04:58:48 AM »
I spoke with someome in Oklahoma and the wording ban makes alot mlre sense now.

Its to force people to stop using words that are emotionally neutral and start using words that elicit emotion like instead of fetus, undeveloped baby.

So I take back the Hitler thing.  This shit is normal GOP fuckery.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: December 17, 2017, 04:32:03 PM »

So....

The answer is at no point can we refer to him as Hitler. Not if we want to credibly criticize him.

Okay if he invades Poland then maybe at that point.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: December 23, 2017, 10:02:21 AM »
Well, he got his tax bill in.

He almost didn't sign it until after Christmas but congrats, be kept a major promise.

I also like how he has to sell it with "You'll love your paychecks next year".  The IRS is probably canceling Christmas trying to get the books written for payroll calculations.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: December 23, 2017, 05:00:15 PM »
I also like how he has to sell it with "You'll love your paychecks next year".  The IRS is probably canceling Christmas trying to get the books written for payroll calculations.

They're not rushing it. They think we'll start seeing changes in February.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: January 03, 2018, 10:36:56 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-42549687

We have two world leaders with nuclear weapons acting like kids in the playground.
I'm expecting the "Yo momma" insults to start any time now...
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: January 03, 2018, 11:37:55 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-42549687

We have two world leaders with nuclear weapons acting like kids in the playground.
I'm expecting the "Yo momma" insults to start any time now...

His supporters are pretty much the same:
"You gotta show strength"
Yes, sometimes you do.  Twitter is not strength.  Saying "Mine's bigger" is not strength nor the roar of a lion.
Know what happens when two lions start roaring at each other?  They usually fight over the pride.

Fuck, Teddy Roosevelt said it best: "Speak softly and carry a big stick."
Trump yells and hopes his stick is bigger.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: January 06, 2018, 02:36:53 PM »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: January 06, 2018, 03:44:04 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/06/us/politics/trump-genius-mental-health.html

The neverending meme presidency trudges on.

Well yes.
We've got 3 years (or until nuclear war) of this mess left.

Rama Set

« Reply #2515 on: January 06, 2018, 04:57:01 PM »
If the is nuclear war you have seven years left or perhaps he installs himself as a dictator.

« Reply #2516 on: January 06, 2018, 08:31:52 PM »
known for being, like, really smart

I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: January 06, 2018, 08:35:22 PM »
If the is nuclear war you have seven years left or perhaps he installs himself as a dictator.

I assume he dies in the blast on the 14th hole.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: January 09, 2018, 07:07:38 PM »
http://Https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/01/trumps-coal-bailout-is-dead/550037/

I imagine this won't hurt Trump's reputation in the least. All his supporters in the coal industry who are being let down with this will probably convince themselves that Trump did his best and it's the Democrats/Media/Deep State that's to blame for the failure, despite the fact that 4/5 of the commission that shot the proposal down were appointed by Trump himself.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: January 09, 2018, 07:38:58 PM »
4/5 of the commission that shot the proposal down were appointed by Trump himself.

This probably reads like gibberish to most Trump supporters. They just see it as their guy, Trump, and the dirty gubmint that won't do what he says.