Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #3200 on: August 17, 2018, 12:25:14 AM »
Notice how every article about Manafort mentions Mueller and his Russia probe, despite none of the charges occurring during Manafort's stint as campaign manager for Trump.

Mueller is the one who brought the charges against him, so of course he's going to get a mention, and with him is going to come the Russian investigation. It's obvious context, and the media would be nuts to omit it.

Fox would be unlikely to say any of that. Although Fox is right-leaning, it still doesn't like Trump very much. 52% of Fox's Trump coverage is negative per a Harvard research center.. That's actually the lowest number among news outlets. Outlets like CNN are 93% negative about Trump. So, Fox still hates Trump, it just hates Trump less than the others.

Come on, Rushy, that's based on Trump's first one hundred days. It's well over a year out of date at this point. I don't have any studies of my own to cite in rebuttal, but it's no secret that FNC's most popular shows - which also means they're pretty much the entire media's most popular news shows - are very firmly pro-Trump. I doubt that anybody would dispute that Fox's, shall we say, proper news is far less biased than the opinion shows, but it's not what comes to mind when people think of Fox News, and it's certainly not what made them the top dog of cable news.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: August 17, 2018, 02:18:55 AM »
Mueller is the one who brought the charges against him, so of course he's going to get a mention, and with him is going to come the Russian investigation. It's obvious context, and the media would be nuts to omit it.

Yes, Mueller brought charges against Manafort about activity that didn't even occur during the Trump campaign, presumably to try to pressure him into testifying against Trump for a lighter sentence. It's a very obvious ploy any way you look at it and the fact that any media source thinks this somehow vindicates Mueller's witchhunt is hilarious.

Come on, Rushy, that's based on Trump's first one hundred days. It's well over a year out of date at this point. I don't have any studies of my own to cite in rebuttal, but it's no secret that FNC's most popular shows - which also means they're pretty much the entire media's most popular news shows - are very firmly pro-Trump. I doubt that anybody would dispute that Fox's, shall we say, proper news is far less biased than the opinion shows, but it's not what comes to mind when people think of Fox News, and it's certainly not what made them the top dog of cable news.

If you're really going to tell me that "wow Rushy that's over a year old, that's not right anymore, Fox is 180% Trump positive now!!" then you're grasping for straws. Watch Fox and tell me that it's greater than 50-60% positive about Trump. You'll be lying through your teeth.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: August 17, 2018, 02:45:19 PM »
Good morning. What is today's outrage?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: August 17, 2018, 02:46:00 PM »
Trump 'trusted' more than Democrats to boost economy, keep US safe

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/trump-trusted-more-than-democrats-to-boost-economy-keep-us-safe

A new poll that shows Republicans “catching up” to Democrats leading into the fall midterm congressional election also shows that voters trust President Trump more than liberals on fixing the economy and keeping America safe.

By a wide 45 percent to 34 percent margin, the latest Zogby Analytics poll found that voters trust Trump more to “grow the U.S. economy.”

And by a similar 45 percent to 38 percent margin, they also trust Trump “to keep America safe.”

In both cases, the Trump approval numbers show steady gains while the Democrats have remained flat in the survey provided to Secrets.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: August 17, 2018, 04:01:37 PM »
Good morning. What is today's outrage?

Whatever Trump angry tweeted about last.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: August 18, 2018, 03:52:51 AM »
Yes, Mueller brought charges against Manafort about activity that didn't even occur during the Trump campaign, presumably to try to pressure him into testifying against Trump for a lighter sentence. It's a very obvious ploy any way you look at it

That, or maybe it's because Manafort is basically a 24 villain brought to life and should have been brought to justice a long time ago.

the fact that any media source thinks this somehow vindicates Mueller's witchhunt is hilarious

I don't think they do. Most stories I've read covering the trial make it clear that Manafort isn't being tried for anything he did while in Trump's employ, with the tangential connection to the greater Russian investigation being mentioned as necessary context. And the same media knows perfectly well that Mueller's "witch hunt" has already been vindicated by the numerous indictments and guilty pleas he's collected so far, contrary to the lie from Trump and right-wing media that the investigation has accomplished nothing and Mueller apparently just spends his days in his office throwing darts at a picture of Trump.

If you're really going to tell me that "wow Rushy that's over a year old, that's not right anymore, Fox is 180% Trump positive now!!" then you're grasping for straws. Watch Fox and tell me that it's greater than 50-60% positive about Trump. You'll be lying through your teeth.

I hardly think that pointing out a study being over a year old in such a volatile political climate is grasping at straws. And again, I'm not claiming to have any statistics or studies at hand. I'm just pointing out that FNC's biggest, most popular shows - Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, Fox & Friends - are all openly supportive of Trump.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: August 18, 2018, 04:35:03 AM »
The motion — filed on behalf of CNN, Washington Post, BuzzFeed, POLITICO, New York Times, NBC Universal, and the Associated Press — asks the court to provide to the media organizations the full names and home addresses of the men and women who were summoned and selected by the federal government to serve as jurors in Manafort’s fraud case.

https://thefederalist.com/2018/08/17/cnn-just-sued-government-get-names-addresses-manafort-jurors/

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4770015/8-16-18-Media-Motion-to-Intervene-and-for-Access.pdf

Wow, I wonder what all of these media organizations actually intend to do with the names and addresses of jurors in this case. I'm sure they just want to send them gift baskets?

If only there were some sort of connection between these media organizations. Some sort of common goal that they all share. Something they all do. I just can't think of it. What could it possibly be? Hmmmmm.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 04:37:07 AM by Rushy »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: August 18, 2018, 04:55:32 AM »
They all report the news.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: August 18, 2018, 05:13:30 AM »
The motion — filed on behalf of CNN, Washington Post, BuzzFeed, POLITICO, New York Times, NBC Universal, and the Associated Press — asks the court to provide to the media organizations the full names and home addresses of the men and women who were summoned and selected by the federal government to serve as jurors in Manafort’s fraud case.

https://thefederalist.com/2018/08/17/cnn-just-sued-government-get-names-addresses-manafort-jurors/

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4770015/8-16-18-Media-Motion-to-Intervene-and-for-Access.pdf

Wow, I wonder what all of these media organizations actually intend to do with the names and addresses of jurors in this case. I'm sure they just want to send them gift baskets?

If only there were some sort of connection between these media organizations. Some sort of common goal that they all share. Something they all do. I just can't think of it. What could it possibly be? Hmmmmm.

Apparently its not uncommon.  Nor is the defense or prosecution in objection to it.  Nor the judge even if he denies the request.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/17/manafort-judge-hold-hearing-unsealing-jurors-names/

But its been denied because the judge has gotten threats and the jurors are afraid.  So...fun.
Bet the threats are from both sides of the political extreme.

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: August 18, 2018, 12:49:20 PM »
They all report the news.

They all report a very specific kind of news.

Apparently its not uncommon.  Nor is the defense or prosecution in objection to it.  Nor the judge even if he denies the request.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/17/manafort-judge-hold-hearing-unsealing-jurors-names/

But its been denied because the judge has gotten threats and the jurors are afraid.  So...fun.

The claim is that it's common practice, and yet the only organizations doing it are the left-leaning ones. There's not a single right-leaning news organization on that motion. If it's common practice to demand access to this kind of information, why are media giants like Fox News not doing it? The claim that it's common to do this seems very suspicious.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 06:07:10 PM by Rushy »

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #3210 on: August 18, 2018, 02:22:07 PM »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: August 21, 2018, 04:30:44 AM »

The claim is that it's common practice, and yet the only organizations doing it are the left-leaning ones. There's not a single right-leaning news organization on that motion. If it's common practice to demand access to this kind of information, why are media giants like Fox News not doing it? The claim that it's common to do this seems very suspicious.
The AP is kinda middle ground.  The only one not involved is Fox News.  Why they chose not to, I can't say.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: August 22, 2018, 04:26:56 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/21/politics/michael-cohen-plea-deal-donald-trump/index.html

Manafort has been convicted, and Cohen is pretty clearly implicating Trump in the Stormy Daniels payoff. I am a little bemused by the sheer exuberance in articles like the one I linked about how this is totally the end and Trump's going down for real this time. Does anybody really think that Trump's base gives a shit about the intricacies of campaign finance law?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: August 22, 2018, 04:30:03 PM »
Does anybody really think that Trump's base gives a shit about the intricacies of campaign finance law?
Of course not, but unless some evidence of the meme-conspiracy is found anytime soon, we need to pursue *something*
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: August 23, 2018, 04:01:55 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/21/politics/michael-cohen-plea-deal-donald-trump/index.html

Manafort has been convicted, and Cohen is pretty clearly implicating Trump in the Stormy Daniels payoff. I am a little bemused by the sheer exuberance in articles like the one I linked about how this is totally the end and Trump's going down for real this time. Does anybody really think that Trump's base gives a shit about the intricacies of campaign finance law?

I doubt they'd care about murder, let alone adultry, bribery, corruption, or campaign finance laws.

« Reply #3215 on: August 23, 2018, 11:34:24 AM »
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 11:41:36 AM by spanner34.5 »
My I.Q. is 85......or was it 58.

I am the stupiderist person on the FES.

THORK IS TERRIBLE.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: August 29, 2018, 05:54:15 PM »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: August 29, 2018, 06:35:57 PM »
...according to the Daily Caller, a beacon of journalistic credibility. ::) I also like how Trump gleefully seized on that article, based on allegations from anonymous sources, only to promptly rant about the use of anonymous sources:

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:55:08 AM by honk »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: August 29, 2018, 06:53:11 PM »
..according to the Daily Caller, a beacon of journalistic credibility. ::) I also like how Trump gleefully seized on that article, based on allegations from anonymous sources, only to promptly rant about the use of anonymous sources:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1034783131855998976
Read the links: -the ICIG found anomolies in her meta data in 2015.  The FBI didn't act.  An internal email even says to downplay it.  It was brought up again in July at a hearing.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: August 29, 2018, 09:30:01 PM »
..according to the Daily Caller, a beacon of journalistic credibility. ::) I also like how Trump gleefully seized on that article, based on allegations from anonymous sources, only to promptly rant about the use of anonymous sources:

I'm sure you can empathize with the idea of only agreeing with anonymous sources that happen to be saying anonymous things you like to hear.