Lenses Distortion Makes Flat Earth Look Spherical
« on: October 23, 2018, 09:52:30 AM »
I was thinking about the images of Earth and how the majority of them show the false sphere shape. I take photos professionally as my hobby and it seems everyone is negating the simple physics of a lenses. A fish eye lenses distorts an image quite heavily. When this sort of lenses is used to photograph a disk it will distort the outsides and give the impression of a sphere.

I experimented with this at home and the results fascinated me. I decided to use a plate as a substitute Earth. I didn’t have any clean plates so I used a dinner plate from the table (I was too excited to finish the food on it). I used my professional GoPro camera and photographed the plate. Sure enough the image showed a sphere (with food on it). These results highlighted two facts; the Earth is a flat plate like object and it is this plate-like flatness that keeps us, just like the food, on the surface.

I’ll hopefully figure out how to attach a diagram of the experiment and why it works along with the calculations.

Re: Lenses Distortion Makes Flat Earth Look Spherical
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 12:25:16 PM »
Captured from above on a 2 dimensional picture, a sphere and a disc have the exact same shape: a circle. This doesn't depend on the type of lense. A flat Earth photographed from space would exhibit the same circular shape. You can see it on the wiki https://wiki.tfes.org/Flat_Earth_Maps

So, calling this shape false doesn't help flat Earth in any way. If the Earth was flat, a better way to prove it with a satellite picture would be to get antipodes in the same shot. For example Spain and New Zealand. These are impossible to see at the same time on a globe since they are diametrically opposed.

Of course, it has never been achieved.
Where does Earth Not a Globe say that all beliefs contrary to the Scriptures are necessarily wrong?  ???