Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Chicago Skyline Not a Mirage Experiment
« on: August 12, 2018, 02:46:31 PM »
Related to Bobby's Chicago Skyline thread in Media.

Man takes boat right up to Chicago and films it the entire way across the lake.

19 Minutes
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 03:00:01 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: The Chicago Skyline is Not a Mirage
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 02:58:39 PM »
Extended Version (1hr):

Offline Bobby Shafto

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv72TaxoaafQr8WD
    • View Profile
    • Bobby Shafto YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 02:59:50 PM »
I don't think there would have been anything wrong with attaching these to the topic I posted. We're not having in-depth discussions. The videos relate to each other.  JMO.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 04:00:43 PM »
I don't think there would have been anything wrong with attaching these to the topic I posted. We're not having in-depth discussions. The videos relate to each other.  JMO.

I agree that the videos are related. I had originally posted it in your thread and deleted my post, as I felt that posting it there would appears as if I was trying to debate or counter you, rather than merely providing a media resource.

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
Re: Chicago Skyline Not a Mirage Experiment
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 05:49:01 PM »
The video was interesting but doesn't prove anything.  The phenomena illustrated could happen if the world were flat, or round.  It wouldn't make any difference.  Light exhibits electro-magnetic wave properties of a very high frequency.  I have seen other electro-magnetic waves in other frequency ranges do pretty much the same kind of thing.  Time lapse photos of the same view of across the lake to Chicago over a period of many months would tell you a lot more.  It would answer the question of whether what you were seeing is normal or just a transient phenomena.   When I was a kid I used to tune our old TV across all the channels just to see what I could pick up.  We only had two local stations at the time, but every once in a while I could watch a Chicago TV station 180 miles away.  I was lucky to get a reasonable picture from Chicago once or twice every couple of months.  Now a computer program can predict when such things are likely and amateur radio operators take advantage of such things.  I have been a Ham, myself, for over 50 years but I don't usually engage in hobby communications much anymore.  My job kind of ruined the hobby. It seems to me that when you have a NASA video, or a video from any other source that shows a global earth that those videos are deemed fake and/or photo shopped.  Why trust any video when there are other more scientific ways to prove that the earth is a globe. 
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Chicago Skyline Not a Mirage Experiment
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 06:54:25 PM »
RonJ, please read the "read before posting" post for this board. If you want to debate the content of any videos here, please do so in the appropriate section of the forum.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume