Klaus Penbender Has Passed
« on: January 08, 2016, 05:29:29 AM »

Hello Flat Earth Society,

I come to you today to inform you that my beloved father and teacher Prof. Klaus Penbender has passed. He prided himself on finding the truth of the world and finding out what lies may be prevalent in the scientific community. To be honest I was far from understanding most of his reasoning but I do know that he was passionate about his work. He toiled away endlessly and… I remember he’d frequently talk about “showing those Flat Earthers” I was never sure what he meant by that and now that he’s passed I decided to start looking and I found this place. Intrigued I cracked open his notes and was astonished by many things I was never informed about. Primarily over 700 pages of something he called “cubezoidal earth.” Cubezoidal seems to be a term he’d created, as well as something called a “rhombus cube.” He seemed to want to not only redefine the shape of the Earth but redefine shapes entirely. I can’t say I’m fully convinced of his theories but I also can’t understand most of his writings. His handwriting alone is nearly impossible to decipher. Though I’d hardly call my father unreliable, he has studied astronomy and physics for most of his life.
Nevertheless I feel a responsibility to post what I can make out because before his abrupt passing he planned to share his findings with this forum.

1. The Earth has a changing shape, Was once spherical, was once flat, and was once “cubezoidal” but is now morphing into a catastrophic and dangerous shape which accounts for the more unpredictable weather as of late.

2.The physics of the Earth are an enigma that human understanding may not be able to comprehend

3. The shape of the Earth is just the tip of the iceberg
His math is confusing. I’ve written out what I can decipher. From what I can work out, it pretty much makes sense with what he’s suggesting. Take a look.

Suppose we have a three-dimensional wave function in position space (r), then we can write this functions as a weighted sum of orthogonal basis functions j(r):

or, in the continuous case, as an integral

It is clear that if we specify the set of functions j(r), say as the set of eigenfunctions of the momentum operator, the function (k) holds all the information necessary to reconstruct (r) and is therefore an alternative description for the state .

In quantum mechanics, the momentum operator is given by

(see matrix calculus for the denominator notation) with appropriate domain. The eigenfunctions are

and eigenvalues ħk. So

and we see that the momentum representation is related to the position representation by a Fourier transform.

So the Earth is definitely changing shape… what this means I’m not sure.
Anyhow I am mainly just asking that you respect my father and give him your love and best wishes. He spent the past 6 years working on this and he still wasn’t completely finished. Even though he disagreed with you on the Earth being flat, I feel he has a sense of respect for your assertions.

My mother, Gertrude, is still alive and quite well. She’s had some pains, night terrors and a couple stroke scares but otherwise doesn’t need to see a doctor or anything like that. Maybe one day the lot of you will come around to agree with the Penbender Theory.

Also, for those curious, I did manage to find his original post on these forums: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30716.0#.Vo9Ez_krKbg

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
Re: Klaus Penbender Has Passed
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 05:37:24 AM »
rip
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 07:04:42 AM »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 07:55:41 AM »
The classical physics description of the position-space wave function and the momentum-space wave function as Fourier transforms of each other is correct:

However, this is a description of RIPPLES IN THE SEA OF ETHER.

Even so, to reach a conclusion such as "So the Earth is definitely changing shape…" based on wave functions necessitates a much more thorough explanation.

The reason the members of the Vril/Thule did not pay any attention to Heisenberg's ramblings (the Uncertainty Principle), was that they knew that there is no such thing as a wave-particle dualism: longitudinal waves travel through transversal waves (bosons propagate through subquark strings).

Therefore, a correct description (through any wave functions) must take into account the existence of longitudinal waves.

The only thing that can be said at the present time is that the radioactive decay rates are changing: the dextrorotatory component of the subquark strings is vibrating at a different rate.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 07:57:53 AM by sandokhan »

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 08:04:52 AM »
The only thing that can be said at the present time is that the radioactive decay rates are changing: the dextrorotatory component of the subquark strings is vibrating at a different rate.

Yeah, that's what I thought too.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 12:33:36 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss. It's always sad to see another free-thinker go, regardless of any agreements or disagreements we may have had.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 08:58:07 PM »
Therefore, a correct description (through any wave functions) must take into account the existence of longitudinal waves.

I can't claim to understand most of this but I can say my father had over 30 pages on Longitudinal waves. Maybe more I haven't seen yet.