FE sources
« on: February 24, 2016, 12:22:02 PM »
I have asked this in a previous thread but I did not receive much of an answer. Why is it that instead of trying to find modern findings and experiments to try to explain the earth is flat, you get quotes from "scientists" that lived in the 1800s. How does this make sense? They had no evidence to back their beliefs, they just speculated and did not do anything to prove it, so why is it that you take what they say to be true?

Re: FE sources
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 01:39:53 PM »
Why is it that instead of trying to find modern findings and experiments to try to explain the earth is flat, you get quotes from "scientists" that lived in the 1800s. How does this make sense? They had no evidence to back their beliefs, they just speculated and did not do anything to prove it.

Can you post a reply by a user on these forums that quoted a scientist from the 1800's, and one of which did no experiments?

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 06:46:17 PM »
A lot of people like David Thork quote Samuel Rowbotham, an example of one of those people who dont do experiments or dont test what they speculate

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 07:12:58 PM »
A lot of people like David Thork quote Samuel Rowbotham, an example of one of those people who dont do experiments or dont test what they speculate

I responded to you on the edge of earth thread about your outright hypocrisy in regards to sources.

But honestly man, what are you doing here? You claim to be so convinced, your username an obvious tell, that the earth is round... But then you're on a flat earth theory forum. Apparently there is some reasonable doubt in your mind of the oblate spheroid, or whatever they call it, or you wouldn't be here. But instead of doing the research or looking up the supporting info, you bombard everyone with challenges to disprove RE models... Seems to me you desperately want someone to do the hard work and critical thinking for you. Should I start challenging you to prove the earth is round, and then nitpick your sources or experiences the whole time? Because that would be just as fair.

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 07:26:04 PM »

I responded to you on the edge of earth thread about your outright hypocrisy in regards to sources.

But honestly man, what are you doing here? You claim to be so convinced, your username an obvious tell, that the earth is round... But then you're on a flat earth theory forum. Apparently there is some reasonable doubt in your mind of the oblate spheroid, or whatever they call it, or you wouldn't be here. But instead of doing the research or looking up the supporting info, you bombard everyone with challenges to disprove RE models... Seems to me you desperately want someone to do the hard work and critical thinking for you. Should I start challenging you to prove the earth is round, and then nitpick your sources or experiences the whole time? Because that would be just as fair.

I think you're right, I am wasting my time here. I have no doubt that the earth is round, I just came here in the beginning of this mont after I heard about BOB and I wanted to see for myself if this stupidity could possibly be real, and to my disappointment it was. I thought that I might be able to try and convince some people, but all you do is refute evidence with speculation and conspiracy. Thank you for making me realize, I guess the truth really is on here, but not in the form of a flat earth. Have fun wallowing in your retarded ignorance, I'm out.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 08:28:06 PM »
"Retarded ignorance"

Sharp words, but I guess I'd prefer this type to describe myself instead of the willful, close-minded type you have exemplified since your first post here.

Good riddance.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 03:02:27 PM »
I have asked this in a previous thread but I did not receive much of an answer. Why is it that instead of trying to find modern findings and experiments to try to explain the earth is flat, you get quotes from "scientists" that lived in the 1800s.

Darwin lived in the 1800's. Is he no longer quotable by your standards? How much time has to pass before a work can no longer be quoted in the arbitrary Earthisround Standards of Quoting system?