How do earthquake aftershocks work on a flat Earth?
« on: April 19, 2019, 01:08:04 AM »
Alright. So, I've been looking at this forum and decided to make an account to ask a question. I would like to know how earthquake aftershocks would work on a flat earth or a flat disc. Since when an Earthquake happens the shock wave usually spreads out in a circle around the epicenter and travels around the world to meet up at the other side of the Earth, I would like to know how that would work on a flat disc or plane.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 01:11:43 AM by javakid999 »

Offline QED

• As mad as a hatter.
    • View Profile
Re: How do earthquake aftershocks work on a flat Earth?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 02:33:36 AM »
Alright. So, I've been looking at this forum and decided to make an account to ask a question. I would like to know how earthquake aftershocks would work on a flat earth or a flat disc. Since when an Earthquake happens the shock wave usually spreads out in a circle around the epicenter and travels around the world to meet up at the other side of the Earth, I would like to know how that would work on a flat disc or plane.

Yes that is interesting. How can the propagation of a seismic event be described self-consistently on a FE?

Also, to add to that question, seismologists can measure s-waves on the other side of the earth but not p-waves. The reason is because the earth has a fluid outer core, which p-waves do not propagate well through. But continents on a FE with a land connection should measure these p-waves. By they do not.
The fact.that it's an old equation without good.demonstration of the underlying mechamism behind it makes.it more invalid, not more valid!

- Tom Bishop

We try to represent FET in a model-agnostic way

- Pete Svarrior

Re: How do earthquake aftershocks work on a flat Earth?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 05:12:09 AM »
This is actually something iv'e thought about before. Its pretty valid evidence for a round Earth, and I would like to see the flat Earthers try and refute it.