totallackey

Re: Are the American police out of control?
« Reply #220 on: June 22, 2020, 12:14:06 PM »
Can there be any valid reason for the officers to spend almost 40 minutes with this man PRIOR TO conducting the breath test?
Think about it. Forty minutes. Why would they do that?

Have you seen the 40 minutes?

Watch the entire tape.

Are you saying there was a valid reason to talk for almost 40 minutes before performing the breath test?

What would that reason be?
I am asking you to watch the encounter for 38 minutes leading up to the breath test.

Let us know what you come up with.

Given the rest of the information we have available from the news on this matter, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out this too is a bunch of BS.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 22, 2020, 01:59:11 PM »
I am asking you to watch the encounter for 38 minutes leading up to the breath test.  Let us know what you come up with.

So you haven't come up with a good reason, then?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

totallackey

« Reply #222 on: June 22, 2020, 02:09:20 PM »
I am asking you to watch the encounter for 38 minutes leading up to the breath test.  Let us know what you come up with.

Actually, I am trying to come up with a good reason for Rayshard to abuse his kids, commit battery on his wife, drink and drive and put other peoples lives at risk by doing so...once I come up with a good reason for that, then I will move on to the issue of the police having a conversation with the scumbag.

Join me, will you?

I am sure you can come up with excellent reasons why Rayshard did all these things.

Maybe you should start up some sort of advocacy group for people who want to do these things without social consequence.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 02:23:17 PM by totallackey »

Rama Set

« Reply #223 on: June 22, 2020, 02:30:42 PM »

Actually, I am trying to come up with a good reason for Rayshard to abuse his kids, commit battery on his wife, drink and drive and put other peoples lives at risk by doing so...once I come up with a good reason for that, then I will move on to the issue of the police having a conversation with the scumbag.

Join me, will you?

I am sure you can come up with excellent reasons why Rayshard did all these things.

Maybe you should start up some sort of advocacy group for people who want to do these things without social consequence.

Someone being a shitbag doesn’t entitle the government to summary execution of this person. How can you deal with the issue at hand if you bring in irrelevant moral issues?

totallackey

« Reply #224 on: June 22, 2020, 02:42:22 PM »

Join me, will you?

Someone being a shitbag doesn’t entitle the government to summary execution of this person. How can you deal with the issue at hand if you bring in irrelevant moral issues?
I can deal with the issue at hand because I am not bringing up "irrelevant moral issues."

Yeah, it was totally relevant that Rayshard was the one drinking and driving that night and thinking it would be a good thing to sleep it off in the drive thru lane at a Wendy's because that was the type of shitbag he was...what he wanted was fine and as long as everyone went along with that notion then Rayshard was cool.

If they kill a 1000 more Rayshards, I'm all for it.

Better than them killing me or one of my family.

He wasn't executed.

Execution is reserved for a court to decide.

Rama Set

« Reply #225 on: June 22, 2020, 02:50:36 PM »
I can deal with the issue at hand because I am not bringing up "irrelevant moral issues."

Yeah, it was totally relevant that Rayshard was the one drinking and driving that night and thinking it would be a good thing to sleep it off in the drive thru lane at a Wendy's because that was the type of shitbag he was...what he wanted was fine and as long as everyone went along with that notion then Rayshard was cool.

Yeah he was DUI. That’s fine. His past was irrelevant to this police stop.

There are your true colours.

He wasn't executed.

Fair enough. They willfully took his life while depriving him of due process. It’s sad that word games make you feel better about this.

totallackey

« Reply #226 on: June 22, 2020, 02:57:53 PM »

It's all relevant.

Past behavior is the best predictor for future behavior.

One more incident in a long line of incidents demonstrating that Rayshard believed himself to be better than everyone else.. "I'm gonna drive drunk...I'll park where I want...Fuck you, you don't count...You better lemme do this or else!!!"

Flying them proudly too...no bones about it...
He wasn't executed.

Fair enough. They willfully took his life while depriving him of due process. It’s sad that word games make you feel better about this.
You stop playing word games.

The police didn't willfully take his life.

Denied due process my ass.

Rayshard didn't even understand the words, "due process."

Had he, he would have cooperated with police and accepted the responsibility he had to do so once he was told to place his hands behind his back and cuff up.

Stop lying.

I don't need to rely on word games to feel good about this.

The more Rayshards that die, the better off everyone will be.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 03:38:55 PM by totallackey »

Rama Set

« Reply #227 on: June 22, 2020, 03:37:15 PM »

It's all relevant.

One more incident in a long line of incidents demonstrating that Rayshard believed himself to be better than everyone else.. "I'm gonna drive drunk...I'll park where I want...Fuck you, you don't count...You better lemme do this or else!!!"

I’m waiting for the part where it justifies his killing.

Flying them proudly too...no bones about it...

So you believe vigilante justice is better than a system of law and order?

He wasn't executed.

You stop playing word games.

The police didn't willfully take his life.

Stop lying.

I don't need to rely on word games to feel good about this.

The police put two rounds in his back on purpose. You can delude yourself in to thinking they didn’t intend to kill him, but that won’t make it true.

So revenge is the government’s job in your opinion?

totallackey

« Reply #228 on: June 22, 2020, 03:47:45 PM »

It's all relevant.

I’m waiting for the part where it justifies his killing.
When you fight with police, cause one of them a concussion, steal their equipment, and fire at them, then you are going to get shot.

End of story.

You can cry about it all you want.
So you believe vigilante justice is better than a system of law and order?
Last time I checked, these guys were sworn police officers who did the right thing.

There were no vigilantes.

They justifiably shot a fleeing suspect who had committed assault on police.

The suspect died as a result of the shooting.
The police put two rounds in his back on purpose. You can delude yourself in to thinking they didn’t intend to kill him, but that won’t make it true.
They intended to shoot him.

You pretending to know more than that doesn't make it true.

It makes your view on this fraudulent.

So revenge is the government’s job in your opinion?
Revenge for what?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 03:51:45 PM by totallackey »

Rama Set

« Reply #229 on: June 22, 2020, 03:59:57 PM »
When you fight with police, cause one of them a concussion, steal their equipment, and fire at them, then you are going to get shot.

End of story.

He didn't fire the taser.  Why are you making shit up?

Last time I checked, these guys were sworn police officers who did the right thing.

That is for the courts to decide isn't it?  Regardless you are hoping for police to kill more people you don't like simply because you don't like them.  That isn't how the justice system works in your country, it's just you want to satisfy a weird feeling of vengeance you have.

Yes, everyone knows that.

Fortunately the legal standard doesn't require anyone to know more than the facts of the case and judge what a reasonable police officer would do.

Revenge for what?

For being someone who did something you didn't like.  You want agents of the government to go around killing people who have committed crimes for which they have already been convicted of, that aren't even capital crimes.

totallackey

« Reply #230 on: June 22, 2020, 04:03:16 PM »

End of story.

He didn't fire the taser.  Why are you making shit up?
He did fire the taser.

That is for the courts to decide isn't it?  Regardless you are hoping for police to kill more people you don't like simply because you don't like them.  That isn't how the justice system works in your country, it's just you want to satisfy a weird feeling of vengeance you have.
I never stated I wanted police to do more killing.

Stop lying.

Yes, everyone knows that.
Evidently you do not.

Fortunately the legal standard doesn't require anyone to know more than the facts of the case and judge what a reasonable police officer would do.
Then stop writing things that are nowhere near the facts of the case.
Revenge for what?

For being someone who did something you didn't like.  You want agents of the government to go around killing people who have committed crimes for which they have already been convicted of, that aren't even capital crimes.
Who wrote that?

I never wrote that.

Stop lying.

Rama Set

« Reply #231 on: June 22, 2020, 04:16:18 PM »

Stop lying.

sigh

I'm not.

Revenge for what?

Who wrote that?

I never wrote that.

Stop lying.

I quoted you above expressing a desire to have the police kill people like Rayshard Brooks in the hundreds.

totallackey

« Reply #232 on: June 22, 2020, 04:38:16 PM »

Stop lying.

sigh

I'm not.

Revenge for what?

Who wrote that?

I never wrote that.

Stop lying.

I quoted you above expressing a desire to have the police kill people like Rayshard Brooks in the hundreds.
I wrote exactly what I wrote.

Naturally, you find a way for that to equal a hope on my part for it to happen.

Which is obviously not true.

Thankfully, most people understand to let due process play out and go with police when busted.

Which you miss...

Just another disingenuous characterization of my position on your part.

But by all means, I suggest you take your message of "due process," to the streets of Buffalo and Chicago, where the scum like Rayshard could use it in their practice of peaceful coexistence.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 05:13:52 PM by totallackey »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 23, 2020, 12:53:34 PM »
Are the NYPD out of control?

750 complaints about NYPD abuse in 2 weeks, with 129 separate incidents reported

The Civilian Complaint Review Board has a backlog of almost 3000 cases

https://www.propublica.org/article/my-family-saw-a-police-car-hit-a-kid-on-halloween-then-i-learned-how-nypd-impunity-works

EDIT for speeling
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 09:22:10 AM by Tumeni »

Nearly?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 24, 2020, 04:50:33 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/22/seattle-dismantle-chaz-protest-zone

Well, it was a nice experiment. If nothing else it demonstrated the importance of having police around, I mean who could have ever predicted that a lack of police presence would lead to increased crime?    ::)
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 25, 2020, 11:23:29 AM »
Pre-protest, but; four deputies beat the sh*t out of a handcuffed Reg Arrington Jr. with their riot batons, for the heinous crime of ... walking on the wrong side of the road.

Charges against him have now been dropped, and an excessive force lawsuit has been filed.

https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/42280266/watch-sheriff-responds-to-hamilton-co-das-release-of-video-at-center-of-excessive-force-investigation

Nearly?

totallackey

« Reply #236 on: June 25, 2020, 11:30:20 AM »
Pre-protest, but; four deputies beat the sh*t out of a handcuffed Reg Arrington Jr. with their riot batons, for the heinous crime of ... walking on the wrong side of the road.

Charges against him have now been dropped, and an excessive force lawsuit has been filed.

https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/42280266/watch-sheriff-responds-to-hamilton-co-das-release-of-video-at-center-of-excessive-force-investigation
Looks like they beat the shit out of him for failing to cooperate.

Once he was in cuffs, all he had to do was keep walking to the police car and get in.

Seems he didn't want to.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 25, 2020, 11:37:10 AM »

Looks like excessive force, then. The job of the police is not to "beat the shit" out of someone for trivial matters such as this. He was handcuffed. They should be able to control someone in handcuffs, I've seen British police do this with ease. If they cannot control someone already in handcuffs, they are remarkably poor at the business of police work. 

Why can't four deputies manage to get one person under control without it turning into a disaster area where they lose control, lose self-control, and over-escalate to the point where even their own chief is disgusted at them? Don't they get trained in this stuff? 

Nearly?

totallackey

« Reply #238 on: June 25, 2020, 11:47:42 AM »

Looks like excessive force, then. The job of the police is not to "beat the shit" out of someone for trivial matters such as this. He was handcuffed. They should be able to control someone in handcuffs, I've seen British police do this with ease. If they cannot control someone already in handcuffs, they are remarkably poor at the business of police work. 

Why can't four deputies manage to get one person under control without it turning into a disaster area where they lose control, lose self-control, and over-escalate to the point where even their own chief is disgusted at them? Don't they get trained in this stuff?
Yes.

They do get trained in this stuff.

Just like minorities get trained to pull the race card every time they want to do what they want to do without logical consequence.

Nice broad brush you are using.

And police in England have probably had difficulty handling people already in handcuffs, whether you want to admit it or not.

You are acting like Manchester U or Liverpool is unavailable to us yanks.

I've seen those crowds...

Keep up the rhetoric!

You will get what you want eventually!

Whatever that is....
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 02:47:15 PM by totallackey »

Rama Set

« Reply #239 on: June 25, 2020, 04:02:15 PM »

Yes.

They do get trained in this stuff.

Just like minorities get trained to pull the race card every time they want to do what they want to do without logical consequence.

Nice broad brush you are using.

And police in England have probably had difficulty handling people already in handcuffs, whether you want to admit it or not.

You are acting like Manchester U or Liverpool is unavailable to us yanks.

I've seen those crowds...

Keep up the rhetoric!

You will get what you want eventually!

Whatever that is....

Either the police were racist or incompetent in this case. The later is probably more likely.