Re: What on flat earth does the sun think it's playing at?!
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2016, 07:42:23 AM »
http://www.antarctica.gov.au/webcams

this website shows several pages of webcams in 'antarctica', each with the latest still image, and a timelapse video of the last 2 days.

I had a good look at all of them. Some showed little but bad weather. One of them is a wide lens pointing straight up, which showed the sun doing complete circuits of the horizon without setting!

Another one was a long shot of various low buildings. I could clearly see, apart from brief interruptions from cloud shadows, that the buildings' shadows were going right round the buildings! Not 180 degrees; 360 degrees!

What's that all about then?

How can you prove those time lapse videos are not faked?

You can't prove there are not fake any more than I can prove they are fake.

You link to a government website and ask us to explain it.

Well let me ask you something. Do you believe everything the governments of the world have told us?

What lies are you aware of that a government has fooled the public with? Just one. I'd like to know?

I submit we have been lied to and decieved about everything we know.

But I'm curious if you have ever had an idea that atleast one story wasn't quit right. If so give us an example.

Then explain when the lies end and begin. And explain how you are such an expert on lieing, particularly when it comes to government.

In short, where is your lie detector?

Offline Rayzor

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2016, 09:12:35 AM »
Then explain when the lies end and begin. And explain how you are such an expert on lieing, particularly when it comes to government.

Have another look,  that's the Australian Government Antarctic Division's website..   The Australian Govt isn't smart enough to lie.    Every time they've tried it they get caught out.

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2016, 11:12:08 AM »

Have another look,  that's the Australian Government Antarctic Division's website..   The Australian Govt isn't smart enough to lie.    Every time they've tried it they get caught out.

Um I did have a look. I actually did click it. Hence I said:

"You link to a government website and ask us to explain it."

So now that we all know it is a government website, he linked it, I said it, and you said...

my questions still remain unanswered...

Wezzoid

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2016, 12:10:55 PM »
So you've seen the videos, and you concede that what is depicted, if genuine, shows that the flat earth is impossible? So the only point remaining is whether the footage is fake?

Oh and yes I know governments and corporate heads lie a LOT. I was aware of the evidence of NSA/Echelon shenanigans 10 years before Snowden blew the whistle for example. But making the leap to thinking that EVERYTHING they say is false, is just irrational. I'm sure you've told a lie or two in your life, who hasn't? What would you think if one of your friends started saying every last word you utter is a lie? You'd think they were mentally ill.

Offline Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2016, 01:24:08 PM »
So you've seen the videos, and you concede that what is depicted, if genuine, shows that the flat earth is impossible? So the only point remaining is whether the footage is fake?

Oh and yes I know governments and corporate heads lie a LOT. I was aware of the evidence of NSA/Echelon shenanigans 10 years before Snowden blew the whistle for example. But making the leap to thinking that EVERYTHING they say is false, is just irrational. I'm sure you've told a lie or two in your life, who hasn't? What would you think if one of your friends started saying every last word you utter is a lie? You'd think they were mentally ill.

What I observe with the FE methodology is if something proves they maybe wrong then it is ignored, called a hoax/conspiracy or explained by unsubstantiated claims offered as fact. 

If they are right I really see this methodology holding back the proof of a flat Earth. If someone trying to figure out the universe only looks at what proves them right and ignores what proves them wrong they can spend a lifetime going down the wrong path.

Wezzoid

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2016, 01:43:13 PM »

What I observe with the FE methodology is if something proves they maybe wrong then it is ignored, called a hoax/conspiracy or explained by unsubstantiated claims offered as fact. 

If they are right I really see this methodology holding back the proof of a flat Earth. If someone trying to figure out the universe only looks at what proves them right and ignores what proves them wrong they can spend a lifetime going down the wrong path.

I personally suspect that they're only really interested in remaining kings of this little hill, the forum. I think they have no intention of taking the world on and even attempting to do high quality real world experiments and gain empirical evidence. They're keyboard warriors, away from the screen and without their rhetorical weapons they have nothing. Before they reflect that criticism back to me: I'd love to do a flat water surveying experiment but what's the point? They would just say I faked it. It has to come from flatties but it won't.