Re: How does Earth get between the Moon & Sun in FET?
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2018, 08:06:00 AM »
Actually the real Sun takes an average of a little over 24 hours to complete two transits of the observers meridian.  That is why the Sun moves through the 12 constellations of the zodiac.  Technically that should be 13 as the ecliptic passes every so slightly through Ophiuchus as well.

It is the mean Sun (an imaginary Sun) which takes exactly 24 hours to complete two transits. It is the mean Sun that we base our clocks on. Owing to the elliptical orbit of the Earth the speed of the Sun along the ecliptic does vary slightly through the year an this is compensated for when it comes to reading Sun dials for example by applying the equation of time.

The Sun does not remain exactly stationary in space (nothing does) but is rocked slightly due to the planets around the gravtiational centre (barycentre)
Correct. One Solar Day is 24 hours. Which is how long the sun takes to complete one transit around the flat Earth. I'm struggling to understand how this is a hard concept to grasp? The 'mean sun' as you put it, isn't imaginary on a flat Earth. It's the time it takes the sun to travel one rotation around the plane. The stars then move at a different speed, either because that's the speed of the 'dome' rotating above, or some other reason depending on the exact FE hypothesis being discussed. Which results in the moving of the sun through the constellations.

LoveScience

« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2018, 11:18:02 AM »
The way you describe it is a hard concept to grasp because it is wrong.

The Sun rotates around a common centre of gravity as I previously described. The location of that centre of gravity (point around which the two bodies rotate or orbit) depends on the mass ratio between the bodies concerned. If you have two bodies of equal mass then the centre of gravity is mid way between the two bodies. The so-called dumbbell situation.

The Sun is much more massive than the Earth (1 solar mass = 99% of the solar system mass) and so the centre of gravity is shifted proportionally towards the more massive body. In the case of the Earth Sun pairng, the centre of gravity lies well within the volume of the Sun itself just beyond the solar core. The centre of gravity between the Sun and Jupiter by comparison lies just beyond the visible surface of the Sun which we call the photosphere.

If I am misunderstanding what you mean by saying the Sun completes one transit of a flat Earth in 24 hours then I apologise but it doesn't sound quite right to me. The 24 hour part is one mean solar day as I previous said.

« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2018, 04:57:53 PM »
The way you describe it is a hard concept to grasp because it is wrong.

The Sun rotates around a common centre of gravity as I previously described. The location of that centre of gravity (point around which the two bodies rotate or orbit) depends on the mass ratio between the bodies concerned. If you have two bodies of equal mass then the centre of gravity is mid way between the two bodies. The so-called dumbbell situation.

The Sun is much more massive than the Earth (1 solar mass = 99% of the solar system mass) and so the centre of gravity is shifted proportionally towards the more massive body. In the case of the Earth Sun pairng, the centre of gravity lies well within the volume of the Sun itself just beyond the solar core. The centre of gravity between the Sun and Jupiter by comparison lies just beyond the visible surface of the Sun which we call the photosphere.

If I am misunderstanding what you mean by saying the Sun completes one transit of a flat Earth in 24 hours then I apologise but it doesn't sound quite right to me. The 24 hour part is one mean solar day as I previous said.
It's only wrong under the RE paradigm. Under the FE hypothesis the sun is only about 32 miles across, and 3000 miles above the flat plane of the Earth. It takes 24 hours (the duration of one mean solar day and will have some slight variance just like is observed) for the sun to complete a single rotation around whichever pole it's circling. This creates the 24 hour day.

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2018, 09:49:35 PM »
The main problem is that the sun has to change orbits throughout the year.  Anytime you do this will require that the Sun has some kind of retro-rocket that can fire to get it into a different orbit.  As far as that goes, it will need a retro-rocket to fire just to stay in orbit.  Of course the Sun and Moon will have to stay above the earth that's being constantly accelerated (no gravity).  That means they will have to figure out how to move vertically as well. The FET paradigm doesn't work.
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

Curiosity File

« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2018, 10:12:59 PM »
The main problem is that the sun has to change orbits throughout the year.  Anytime you do this will require that the Sun has some kind of retro-rocket that can fire to get it into a different orbit.  As far as that goes, it will need a retro-rocket to fire just to stay in orbit.  Of course the Sun and Moon will have to stay above the earth that's being constantly accelerated (no gravity).  That means they will have to figure out how to move vertically as well. The FET paradigm doesn't work.
Here, let me give FET some ammunition.
Retro rockets= sun flares? Solar flares 

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2018, 03:44:04 AM »
It would have to be a 'smart sun' as well.  The application would have to be good enough to know when to change orbits.  With all the folks out there watching the sun, any small change, no matter how minor would be noticed by someone.  Any 'compu-sun' would have to be completely reliable and the whole system couldn't malfunction, even once in a couple of thousand years. 
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

Curiosity File

« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2018, 04:45:52 AM »
It would have to be a 'smart sun' as well.  The application would have to be good enough to know when to change orbits.  With all the folks out there watching the sun, any small change, no matter how minor would be noticed by someone.  Any 'compu-sun' would have to be completely reliable and the whole system couldn't malfunction, even once in a couple of thousand years.
Also lets not forget the Moon? Since it obviously does not have solar flares it would have to have a type of propulsion that was invisible. Gases or air? This would explain heavy wind storms, tornado etc. and the solar flares at only 3,000 miles away might account for all the fires burning California up?   

LoveScience

« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2018, 09:32:04 PM »
Under the FE hypothesis the sun is only about 32 miles across, and 3000 miles above the flat plane of the Earth

What utter rubbish.  The Sun has been very accurately measured to be in the order of 865,000 miles across and on average 92,960,000 miles away from Earth. These are facts regardless of what the FE hypothesis says. Explain to us exactly how these figures are reached. By that I mean the 32 mile diameter and 3000 mile distance of course... I await in anticipation!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 09:36:24 PM by LoveScience »

« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2018, 09:51:14 PM »
Under the FE hypothesis the sun is only about 32 miles across, and 3000 miles above the flat plane of the Earth

What utter rubbish.  The Sun has been very accurately measured to be in the order of 865,000 miles across and on average 92,960,000 miles away from Earth. These are facts regardless of what the FE hypothesis says. Explain to us exactly how these figures are reached. By that I mean the 32 mile diameter and 3000 mile distance of course... I await in anticipation!
You'll get much farther with these basic questions if you make sure to peek through the wiki for the record. https://wiki.tfes.org/Distance_to_the_Sun Distance and size of the sun is (once again) a natural result of the Earth being flat. If one assumes the Earth is flat, it's easy to see most explanations for things have been....'created' in order to answer what is happening. Observations as well are generally tabulated under the assumption of this paradigm imo. But we're starting to get a bit beyond the thread topic here.

MattyWS

« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2018, 10:21:46 PM »

You'll get much farther with these basic questions if you make sure to peek through the wiki for the record. https://wiki.tfes.org/Distance_to_the_Sun Distance and size of the sun is (once again) a natural result of the Earth being flat. If one assumes the Earth is flat, it's easy to see most explanations for things have been....'created' in order to answer what is happening. Observations as well are generally tabulated under the assumption of this paradigm imo. But we're starting to get a bit beyond the thread topic here.
I too am interested in the 32 miles value, since my own maths didn't get that but I am of course basing it on the visual shrinking of the sun relative to moving it closer to the earth based on the difference between the globe earth sun and flat earth sun distances.

Curiosity File

« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2018, 11:15:37 PM »

I too am interested in the 32 miles value, since my own maths didn't get that but I am of course basing it on the visual shrinking of the sun relative to moving it closer to the earth based on the difference between the globe earth sun and flat earth sun distances.
By all means continue this line of questioning as it is retentive to the questions I proposed in the opening OP.
One question was how does the moon get between the sun and  FE, to cause the phenomena we see?
Getting to the bottom of how they calculate the size and distance of the sun would help to show how this would work, or not work.
Again I propose looking at the distance of 3,000 miles above the surface of the earth creates enormous problems solar eclipse and much much more.
I suspect this is why no more FET have chimed in with anymore fabricated evidence because even tey now how utterly ridiculous this idea is.   

Online juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2018, 08:07:45 PM »

By all means continue this line of questioning as it is retentive to the questions I proposed in the opening OP.
One question was how does the moon get between the sun and  FE, to cause the phenomena we see?
Getting to the bottom of how they calculate the size and distance of the sun would help to show how this would work, or not work.
Again I propose looking at the distance of 3,000 miles above the surface of the earth creates enormous problems solar eclipse and much much more.
I suspect this is why no more FET have chimed in with anymore fabricated evidence because even tey now how utterly ridiculous this idea is.

I suggest you spend some time learning the model instead of just telling everyone how round the earth is. There are plenty of resources here to do so. Your constant complaining about how you disagree with FET has no place in the upper fora, since it is obvious you haven’t read the basics.

Last warning. Next one will be a few day vacation to read the rules, as well as the wiki/faq.

EDIT- I forgot how many warnings you were on, and a previous ban. So go ahead and take a week off this time.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 08:09:47 PM by junker »