Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #260 on: May 06, 2018, 06:57:47 PM »
Just crashed someone's Reclaimer into Delamar on accident. That ship is incredibly huge.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 08, 2018, 04:00:32 PM »
Melted the Avenger for a Gladius. It’s my favorite ship so far. On Parsifal’s advice I bought an Avenger Titan and did a few cargo hauls. It’s a pretty sweet little ship, and it looks like the whole Avenger line is getting reworked to be bigger.

The game is a lot more playable than when I first got it a year ago. I’ve been able to play it for long stretches instead of turning it off after 20 minutes in frustration. My concern right now is how quickly they’ll be able to expand the verse. We know they can take care of bugs, add ships and improve performance. But the actual gameplay arena is really small and hasn’t expanded much during the years it’s been in development. They’re supposed to have 100 star systems on release. It looks like they’ll be lucky to get 3-4 in. Still, that would be quite a big play area, but nothing close to the scope that they promised.

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 09, 2018, 11:43:55 AM »
Melted the Avenger for a Gladius. It’s my favorite ship so far. On Parsifal’s advice I bought an Avenger Titan and did a few cargo hauls. It’s a pretty sweet little ship, and it looks like the whole Avenger line is getting reworked to be bigger.

The game is a lot more playable than when I first got it a year ago. I’ve been able to play it for long stretches instead of turning it off after 20 minutes in frustration. My concern right now is how quickly they’ll be able to expand the verse. We know they can take care of bugs, add ships and improve performance. But the actual gameplay arena is really small and hasn’t expanded much during the years it’s been in development. They’re supposed to have 100 star systems on release. It looks like they’ll be lucky to get 3-4 in. Still, that would be quite a big play area, but nothing close to the scope that they promised.
Don't worry, they'll probably release more systems are overpriced DLC.
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 13, 2018, 05:20:21 AM »
I ordered one fresh, crisp C2 Starlifter. Crusader Industries will be rolling it off the assembly line sometime next year hopefully. The ship is just too beautiful to pass up, and with the bundled LTI it will save a lot of headaches down the road. Next up, I'll be looking to get some sort of aggressive ship like a gunship or heavy bomber. We'll see what CIG has up its sleeves over the coming months. I also want to pick up a Prospector if it goes on sale in November. And I want a Terrapin so I can scan the living fuck out of things. Help.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 05:57:50 AM by Hollocron »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 13, 2018, 07:31:36 AM »
Rushy will just EMP you and then shoot your wings off.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 13, 2018, 09:10:21 AM »
Rushy will just EMP you and then shoot your wings off.

Rushy would know you don't need wings to fly in space so he wouldn't waste the ammo. After the EMP he'd sweep my ship for valuables, and I'd be waiting in a dark corner ready to attack.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 13, 2018, 09:27:27 AM »
When does the servers get unplugged and no money refunded?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #267 on: May 13, 2018, 05:55:39 PM »

Yesterday, right after Hollocrob dumped all that cash.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 13, 2018, 06:50:52 PM »

Maybe in 20-30 years when the game is reaching the end of its life.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 13, 2018, 07:02:32 PM »

I would be shocked if it lasted 20 years.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 13, 2018, 07:09:01 PM »

It will easily last that long. World of Warcraft is almost 14 years old and still going strong, and it has way less ambition/scope.

Rama Set

« Reply #271 on: May 14, 2018, 12:37:08 AM »

It will easily last that long. World of Warcraft is almost 14 years old and still going strong, and it has way less ambition/scope.

But it has a stable developer.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 14, 2018, 03:46:59 AM »

But it has a stable developer.

WoW has had lots of different lead designers and has changed development studios several times. Technically speaking, it's not even the same company overseeing it anymore.

Chris Roberts isn't perfect but  I don't think anyone else could have made something like Star Citizen happen.

Rama Set

« Reply #273 on: May 15, 2018, 03:55:32 PM »
Obviously he has a vision and a ton of ambition. It just seems that WoW tends to hit production deadlines more regularly and perhaps that kind of execution is missing in SC’s team.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 15, 2018, 04:00:17 PM »
Obviously he has a vision and a ton of ambition. It just seems that WoW tends to hit production deadlines more regularly and perhaps that kind of execution is missing in SC’s team.

Where did you find WoW's production deadlines published?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 15, 2018, 07:37:15 PM »

The Scam Fleet

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 15, 2018, 07:42:21 PM »
Holy shit, and I thought the Starfarer was big. Also, my ingame name is Ocius if anyone wants to add me. Post your names so we can all be gay space bros. Grouping is coming in 3.2 it looks like.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 07:44:35 PM by Hollocron »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 17, 2018, 02:23:51 PM »

Size comparison of all ships announced so far (except for ships that players cannot own, such as the Pegasus, Bengal or Retribution)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 04:41:41 PM by Rushy »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 01, 2018, 04:41:24 PM »

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 07, 2018, 05:22:01 AM »
I'm getting smoother gameplay in 3.2