Quick question...
« on: May 02, 2019, 01:53:28 PM »
So, as most of the flat Earth models I have received have come from Youtube, I have come to notice that it is generally flat with a dome above it where the stars, planet, etc. are "attached" to the dome with the exception of the Sun and Moon. The difference on flat Earth society appears that there is now an upward acceleration  of the to explain gravity. So my question (don't know if this has been asked yet) is what is this system (Earth, dome) accelerating through? Sorry if this is already on here, I couldn't find it.

Offline WellRoundedIndividual

• Proverbs 13:20 is extremely relevant today.
    • View Profile
Re: Quick question...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 01:56:40 PM »
There are also multiple explanations for this, as well. Some in the FE community hold to the idea of the existence of the aether. Use this as a search term here on the forums and you will find plenty of discussion on this.
BobLawBlah.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 05:46:21 PM »
what is this system (Earth, dome) accelerating through?
Space. The same thing the earth is moving through in the Round Earth model.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Offline Science Supporter

• Globe Earth is Only Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 03:04:52 AM »
what is this system (Earth, dome) accelerating through?
Space. The same thing the earth is moving through in the Round Earth model.
I thought most flat earthers claimed that space is fake?
"We are not here to directly persuade anyone [...] You mistake our lack of interest in you for our absence."
-Pete Svarrior

"We are extremely popular and the entire world wants to talk to us. We have better things to do with our lives than have in depth discussions with every single curious person. You are lucky to get one sentence dismissals from us"
-Tom Bishop

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 08:26:18 AM »
How would you go about 'faking' something like space?  I have been aiming telescopes into what I have assumed to be space for near 40 years and taking deep space images of galaxies, nebulae, planets and a whole lot of other things within it. If it suddenly transpired that space is actually fake that would be very disappointing.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 11:00:55 AM »
I'm not sure whether to advise you to think more, or less...

What on Earth would it even mean for space to be "fake"?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 12:52:39 PM »
I'm not sure whether to advise you to think more, or less...

What on Earth would it even mean for space to be "fake"?

Maybe it means your closet isn't real? But more likely he probably omitted the word "travel."
We are smarter than those scientists.
I see multiple contradicting explanations. You guys should have a pow-wow and figure out how your model works.

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 01:53:20 PM »
But more likely he probably omitted the word "travel."

Even if that were true, what difference would that make?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 02:30:06 PM »
That wouldn't make his comment make any more sense in the context of the OP.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 03:28:29 PM »
That wouldn't make his comment make any more sense in the context of the OP.

There's merit to the context of the OP because there are variants within the dome model. Often times I've seen FEr's refer to "so-called space" and the like. As well, there are Biblical and maybe Vedic models that above and outside the dome is water, not 'space' as we think of it. So, at best, it's confusing.

Offline EarthNotFlat

• Lunar eclipses prove the Round Earth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2019, 04:02:39 PM »
Tbh the FE model's Universal acceleration of 9.8 m/s^2 isnt that hard to debunk:

If the Earth's surface is accelerating upward, what counts as the Earth's surface? If the natural terrain and rocks count, then rocks in the crust or mantle shouldnt feel any pressure on them, since they are ALL accelerating at the same rate in the same direction, they aren't accelerating relative to eachother. Metamorphic rocks form due to pressure and temperature, if they didnt feel pressure, they couldn't form, yet we've seen them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metamorphic_rock

However, if only the very bottom layer of Earth is accelerating upward, then Its debunked here:

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=14694.0

About the dome Earth im just going to leave it with: "the southern hemisphere and the northern hemisphere see different stars, if the stars were on the dome, then you should see all of them no matter where you are on Earth, which doesnt match obesrvations", i would like a link to the entire official flat earth model, so I can start tearing it apart.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 04:05:50 PM by EarthNotFlat »
Earth is not flat.

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2019, 09:26:42 PM »
Is there such a thing as an official model in flat Earth land? They always seem to reference various models but if there is an official version then I will second the request for a link to it.

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2019, 12:28:04 AM »
Thank you for your answers. I guess what I was thinking that with the addition of acceleration to the dome model, which I think is what we are talking about, it might matter what is outside the dome, if it was water as in the Bible it would have friction for example... If it were space, I would hope it is empty space, and would it be even the same space as we conceive of in the round Earth model? I guess these questions will have to remain unanswered for now.

Offline EarthNotFlat

• Lunar eclipses prove the Round Earth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2019, 07:52:27 AM »
According to the FE Model, what is this dome made of? And how does it support its own weight? And if its also accelerating, then it will be experiencing weightlessness relative to Earth, and thus you would easily be able to give it a push with a rocket and it would eventually go far away into space.
Earth is not flat.