Flat Earth Theory
« on: September 04, 2018, 02:06:14 PM »
I have a couple questions for a school project for people who believe in the flat earth theory.
Why do you believe the Earth is flat? 
Why is it so important to you that the Earth is flat; would you be okay with it being round?
What proof is there of the earth being flat, if any?
Did you discover the Earth being flat on your own, or did someone else show the idea to you?
Were you raised to believe in this?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 02:54:54 AM by pappasscience »

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Flat Earth Theory
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 07:55:35 PM »
I have a couple questions for a school project for people who believe in the flat earth theory.
Why is it so important to you that the Earth is flat; would you be okay with it being round?
Did you discover the Earth being flat on your own, or did someone else show the idea to you?

To answer the last question (not a flat earther, though) I don't think anyone in modern time was raised believing the earth is flat. It's a rather new resurgence of a bygone "theory."
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 07:34:52 PM »
Why ?
Easy, because there is no curve, when water is flat and cover 2/3(+) of earth, how would it work ?
Flat water - flatish earth, gives a plane, not a ball.

How can anybody who have been looking for the curve, made tests like the moonshine test ever go back to the globe ?

It is impossible.
When you then starting to look into Nasa, you have to say goodbye to the ball.

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 05:57:42 PM »

Here are 200 reaspons

It's not so much an importance as it is a hobby. Yes.

here is 200

It's in the bible.

no

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 08:17:17 AM »
Why ?  Easy, because there is no curve, when water is flat and cover 2/3(+) of earth, how would it work ?

When water is but a thin layer upon the Earth, why would it not work like this;

Note in particular this quote, from that video - "It is best after it has been still for awhile and the exposed surface is dry. That way you can get a grip on it to get it going. Once it is ALL WET, it is slippery and hard to influence"

How does it get "all wet" if the water remains flat ... ?

The deepest ocean is 11km, and that's only a localised trench. Earth has a diameter of 12,742, so at absolute maximum, the ocean depth is (11/12742 = ) 0.09% of the diameter. A thin layer.

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 08:22:43 AM »
When you then starting to look into Nasa, you have to say goodbye to the ball.

Why? Please explain further.

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 11:39:45 AM »
I have a question, I am being as respectuful as I can with this, I don’t want to make an enemy, I just have a genuine question about flat Earth. How does the Coriolis effect work with flat Earth?