Yaakov ben Avraham

Re: ISIS and the Middle East
« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2014, 02:30:12 PM »
And I am amazed that somebody who claims to be intelligent still calls Jews a race. Since there are Jews from lightest white to darkest black and everything in between from the Jews of China and the Jews of India... but then, you haven't shown much brilliance in this thread, so...

Rama Set

« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2014, 02:42:53 PM »
To find a stupid individual is simple, but to be stupid as a group takes a special kind of dysfunction.

Thork

« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2014, 02:54:24 PM »
And I am amazed that somebody who claims to be intelligent still calls Jews a race. Since there are Jews from lightest white to darkest black and everything in between from the Jews of China and the Jews of India... but then, you haven't shown much brilliance in this thread, so...
Yeah, crack on. ::)

http://forward.com/articles/155742/jews-are-a-race-genes-reveal/?p=all

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2014, 03:05:08 PM »
Well, I am inclined to agree, which is why I have no respect for the "Palestinians". They truly have been as stupid as it is possible to be for a group. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity. The latest was 2001 when Ehud Barak offered them 96% of what they wanted, including East Jerusalem as their capital. Instead of taking the deal, Arafat started the Second Intifada. Idiot. As far back as the 1940s, when British Mandate Palestine (today's Jordan, Israel, Gaza, the West Bank) was offered to be divided in half between Arab and Jew, the Jews said yes, the Arabs said no. Jordan was given to the Arabs. The Jews accepted this. What is today Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank was proposed to be divided in half with Jerusalem as an international city. The Jews said yes. The Arabs said no.

Finally, Israel was declared in the territory then held by Jews. It was attacked by Arab armies who lost the war. Idiots. THAT is what gave birth to the Israeli-"Palestinian" problem. You had 750,000 Arabs leave their homes, most at the order of Arab governments. Israel did not want them back, and had to find homes for about the same number of Jews coming from Arab countries at the same time. The Arabs could have accepted the ones that were newly homeless, since most of them were that way at the request of Arab governments. They chose not to. NOT ISRAEL'S PROBLEM.

Those Arabs ended up mostly in Gaza, run by Egypt, and the West Bank, run by Jordan, thus making them citizens of those countries. The fact that those countries later gave up those territories does not change that according to international law. Since neither nation did its duty by those people, they became stateless. Again, NOT ISRAEL'S PROBLEM.

Israel has, time and again, offered to do right by the "Palestinians". It is their own leaders who fuck them over, not Israel. While Hamas's leader sits in Qatar at Five Star Hotels, his people suffer in a lop-sided war. I wonder why he never risks his ass? Too much of a sissy, perhaps?

Incidentally, Jews are NOT a race. They are an ethnic group in the way that Latinos are an ethnic group, even though they can come from all the major races. Idiot.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2014, 03:10:25 PM »
I never disputed that Jews were an ethnic group. Denying that would be stupid. Of course we are. But that is different than being part of a race. Latinos are an ethic group. They also are not a racial group.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2014, 03:22:20 PM »
I'm just waiting for yaakov to start posting poetry. Maybe we should get Daniel to give him access to FEB on the old forum?

There was a news story yesterday about a couple of Brits who'd travelled to Syria to join ISIS. Before they left they'd bought Islam for Dummies and the Quran for Dummies. It turns out that ISIS recruits might not necessarily be the hardline fundamentalists we assume they are.

Agreed. It's not really clear what their motivations are, but religion is not one of them. It's just an excuse.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Thork

« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2014, 03:24:44 PM »
I never disputed that Jews were an ethnic group. Denying that would be stupid. Of course we are. But that is different than being part of a race. Latinos are an ethic group. They also are not a racial group.
What did my link just say?

Eddy Baby

« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2014, 03:27:53 PM »
There was a news story yesterday about a couple of Brits who'd travelled to Syria to join ISIS. Before they left they'd bought Islam for Dummies and the Quran for Dummies. It turns out that ISIS recruits might not necessarily be the hardline fundamentalists we assume they are.

Read the thread faggot

http://www.newstatesman.com/religion/2014/08/what-jihadists-who-bought-islam-dummies-amazon-tell-us-about-radicalisation

Bunch of thugs.

Rama Set

« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2014, 03:42:17 PM »
Well, I am inclined to agree, which is why I have no respect for the "Palestinians". They truly have been as stupid as it is possible to be for a group. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity. The latest was 2001 when Ehud Barak offered them 96% of what they wanted, including East Jerusalem as their capital. Instead of taking the deal, Arafat started the Second Intifada. Idiot. As far back as the 1940s, when British Mandate Palestine (today's Jordan, Israel, Gaza, the West Bank) was offered to be divided in half between Arab and Jew, the Jews said yes, the Arabs said no. Jordan was given to the Arabs. The Jews accepted this. What is today Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank was proposed to be divided in half with Jerusalem as an international city. The Jews said yes. The Arabs said no.

Finally, Israel was declared in the territory then held by Jews. It was attacked by Arab armies who lost the war. Idiots. THAT is what gave birth to the Israeli-"Palestinian" problem. You had 750,000 Arabs leave their homes, most at the order of Arab governments. Israel did not want them back, and had to find homes for about the same number of Jews coming from Arab countries at the same time. The Arabs could have accepted the ones that were newly homeless, since most of them were that way at the request of Arab governments. They chose not to. NOT ISRAEL'S PROBLEM.

Those Arabs ended up mostly in Gaza, run by Egypt, and the West Bank, run by Jordan, thus making them citizens of those countries. The fact that those countries later gave up those territories does not change that according to international law. Since neither nation did its duty by those people, they became stateless. Again, NOT ISRAEL'S PROBLEM.

Israel has, time and again, offered to do right by the "Palestinians". It is their own leaders who fuck them over, not Israel. While Hamas's leader sits in Qatar at Five Star Hotels, his people suffer in a lop-sided war. I wonder why he never risks his ass? Too much of a sissy, perhaps?

Incidentally, Jews are NOT a race. They are an ethnic group in the way that Latinos are an ethnic group, even though they can come from all the major races. Idiot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_the_Six-Day_War

Says here Israel started the Six-Day war with a surprise attack.  I really thought you studied history.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2014, 03:46:01 PM »
Thork, I didn't bother to read the whole thing. It wasn't worth doing so, given its length. All I am saying is that you called us a race in one of your posts, and in so doing, you are wrong. Insofar as we are an ethnic group, I shan't deny that. Actually, "ethnoreligious group" would be more accurate.

"From fairest creatures we desire increase,
That thereby beauty's rose might never die,
But as the riper should by time decease,
His tender heir might bear his memory:
But thou, contracted to thine own bright eyes,
Feed'st thy light'st flame with self-substantial fuel,
Making a famine where abundance lies,
Thyself thy foe, to thy sweet self too cruel,
Thou that art  now the world's fresh ornament,
And only herald to the gaudy spring,
Within thine own bud buriest thy content
And, tender churl, makest wast in niggarding.
Pity the world, or else this glutton be,
To east the world's due, by the grave and thee.

Sonnet 1, Shakespeare.

YOU ASKED FOR IT!

Of course they started the Six Day War. And wouldn't you, when several nations positioned armies around you in attack positions? If Canada and Mexico both positioned their armies to attack the United States at the same time and were known to hate the USA as much as Arabs hate Israel, would the US not pre-empt such an attack with an attack of its own? Use your fucking brains.

Thork

« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2014, 03:47:07 PM »
Thork, I didn't bother to read the whole thing. It wasn't worth doing so, given its length.
Did you at least read the title?

« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2014, 03:49:15 PM »

Read the thread faggot

http://www.newstatesman.com/religion/2014/08/what-jihadists-who-bought-islam-dummies-amazon-tell-us-about-radicalisation

Bunch of thugs.

I did wonder where I'd originally read that story...

Rama Set

« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2014, 03:52:21 PM »
You are literally the worst historian ever: 

(Israel) was attacked by Arab armies who lost the war.

Of course (Israel) started the Six Day War.

« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2014, 03:53:52 PM »
I think he was referring to an earlier war.

Rama Set

« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2014, 03:58:00 PM »
Israel was the aggressor in every war involving nations outside their borders prior to that as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Israel

« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2014, 04:04:59 PM »
Fundamentally, you can't argue with me, because even if you were to successfully provide an argument against the above (which I don't think you can do, but feel free to try), I still have the Bible to go back to, that promises the Jewish People Eretz Israel as the Promised Land from God. You may reject that. You may reject belief in God. Feel free to do that. But there are enough Jews who believe in God and in that promise to keep fighting for the Land of Israel until Greater Israel belongs to us.

God should have studied harder in Contracts.  Doesn't he know about the Rule Against Perpetuities?

If that's the land God promised you, then God thinks you're as much of a cunt as the rest of us do.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2014, 04:08:12 PM »
Yes. And I suppose it depends on how you define "race". Anthropologically, "race" has always meant broadly the Black, White, Yellow, or Red races. (Negro, Caucasian, Asian, Native American). Ultimately, such terms have no meaning. They have proven that race is literally only skin deep. The Homo sapiens sapiens is from Ethiopia, ultimately. Caucasians actually have more admixture of Neandertal in them than African persons do. But the fact that all persons called Homo sapiens sapiens can interbreed with each other indicates that we are of the same species and subspecies. Therefore any physical difference is irrelevant. In fact, it is likely that Neandertal was actually Homo sapiens neandertalis, therefore able to interbreed with us.

Ultimately, if you use the useless term of "race", though, Jews are not one. Anthropologically, we come from all the races (except possibly the Red). But you are right. We do share DNA with each other. Jews share it with other Jews, and Levites within the Jewish community share it with other Levites, and Cohanim share it with other Cohanim. We have always known this. Anybody with certain last names is known to us as being part of the Cohanim and is given certain honours in the synagogue, as is also the case with persons who have last names indicating that they are Levites. Your article just tells me shite that Jews have known for 4500 years, thank you very much.

When I referred to Israel being attacked by Arab armies who lost the war, I meant the war of '48. The war of '67 was indeed started by Israel in the sense that they attacked first, but they were completely surrounded by Arab nations whose armies were poised to attack them. They pre-empted said attack. In '73, they were attacked in a thoroughly dishonourable way on Yom Kippur, while the Muslims themselves were celebrating Ramadan (so much for them saying that you can't fight during Ramadan, the lying bastards that they are).

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 22, 2014, 04:10:08 PM »
Israel is terrible. Just terrible.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Thork

« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2014, 04:11:23 PM »
But you are right.

Your article just tells me shite that Jews have known for 4500 years, thank you very much.
Then why did you say I was wrong and repeatedly call me an idiot?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #199 on: August 22, 2014, 04:12:24 PM »
I told you you are an idiot because you call us a race. You are correct insofar as you call us an ethnic group.