Offline Buzz Aldrin Lightyear

• To insanity...and beyond!
    • View Profile
    • I Am The Law
New Website?
« on: August 10, 2018, 02:56:44 PM »
The link below no longer works, but this website has the same general format as that one. The home page of this website talks about a restructuring, but it doesn't say anything about a new URL. Did the address below get deactivated in favor of this one? If so, was everything from the old website deleted, meaning it didn't carry over to here?

https://theflatearthsociety.org
Mission Log, Stardate 4072: My ship has run off course en route to sector 12. I’ve crash landed on a strange planet...and there seems to be no sign of intelligent life anywhere...

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Website?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 03:04:31 PM »
The link below no longer works, but this website has the same general format as that one. The home page of this website talks about a restructuring, but it doesn't say anything about a new URL. Did the address below get deactivated in favor of this one? If so, was everything from the old website deleted, meaning it didn't carry over to here?

https://theflatearthsociety.org

No, the other site is just down for an extended period (typically happens several times a year).

This site has been active for about 5 years now. A group of us from that old site got fed up of things just like this happening and never being fixed (although it was worse back then) so we migrated here. Welcome and enjoy your stay. There are quite a few threads you can find if you are interested in brushing up on the history between the two TFES sites.

Offline Buzz Aldrin Lightyear

• To insanity...and beyond!
    • View Profile
    • I Am The Law
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 03:15:23 PM »
Thanks for the info. I was relatively new on the other site, and it seemed to me that while it was moderated by FE believers the only people who really interacted in the main forums were RE believers. Is it the same way here?
Mission Log, Stardate 4072: My ship has run off course en route to sector 12. I’ve crash landed on a strange planet...and there seems to be no sign of intelligent life anywhere...

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 03:20:39 PM »
Thanks for the info. I was relatively new on the other site, and it seemed to me that while it was moderated by FE believers the only people who really interacted in the main forums were RE believers. Is it the same way here?
This place is nothing like that place. That's the only promise you get.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 03:20:45 PM »

There are certainly more RE folks than FE here, since we encourage free thought and open discussion for everyone. However, the FE fora (upper fora) are more heavily moderated here, which a lot of the RE folks don't like since they can't get away with as much nonsense. The ones that stick around and adapt to how this place works tend to be the ones who provide the best discussions.