Structure of the solar system
« on: March 07, 2018, 06:50:27 PM »
I'm back after my week off. This is an actual question because I don't actually know what the FE society believes.

What is the structure of the solar system? Since Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, the asteroids in the Asteroid belt and the many comets and rocky remains in the Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud all theoretically orbit the Sun, what is the view of the FE society on the structure of the solar system? The furthest point that orbits the sun or under strong influence of its gravity is around one light year away (About 10 trillion km), so where is the sun according to the FE society. If it isn't the centre how can it influence the orbit of other planets?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
Re: Structure of the solar system
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 12:06:56 PM »
Since you're not likely to get much of a response from any FEers, I'll take a swing based on what I've learned. For the non-dome FEers, the planets all orbit the Sun above the Earth. Since the Sun is only 3000 miles away, the planets are also roughly that distance. Because of the close proximity, the planets are supposedly much smaller than they actually are. Kuiper belt and Oort cloud aren't accounted for and I think most FEers would deny their existence. How any of this works based on what we see is another question entirely, but those are the basics.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 08:53:31 AM »
Since you're not likely to get much of a response from any FEers, I'll take a swing based on what I've learned. For the non-dome FEers, the planets all orbit the Sun above the Earth. Since the Sun is only 3000 miles away, the planets are also roughly that distance. Because of the close proximity, the planets are supposedly much smaller than they actually are. Kuiper belt and Oort cloud aren't accounted for and I think most FEers would deny their existence. How any of this works based on what we see is another question entirely, but those are the basics.

How do you explain the variation in temperatures between the planets if the sun is above the earth? The sun is 4.379 million km in circumference so it is pretty big. Venus is much hotter than Earth so is Mercury but the sun is above the Earth so Earth must be hotter. The sun is 5,505 °C. We would have died by now if it was 3000 miles away. We are in the goldilocks zone where the temperature is just right for liquid water. 3000 miles will have made that all gas by now and will have changed the composition of the atmosphere long ago. So we wouldn't be alive.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 12:07:39 PM »

How do you explain the variation in temperatures between the planets if the sun is above the earth? The sun is 4.379 million km in circumference so it is pretty big. Venus is much hotter than Earth so is Mercury but the sun is above the Earth so Earth must be hotter. The sun is 5,505 °C. We would have died by now if it was 3000 miles away. We are in the goldilocks zone where the temperature is just right for liquid water. 3000 miles will have made that all gas by now and will have changed the composition of the atmosphere long ago. So we wouldn't be alive.

No idea - I'm guessing FEers would say all the measurements are false or something. It goes like this - if they can't explain it away, it is fake. Wish I had a better answer for you. I do think you should start a thread on the temps of the planets. It is a very good point that I haven't seen discussed.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50