Solar System
« on: March 07, 2018, 05:04:10 AM »
So my question would be, how does the solar system work if the earth is flat? Does it still rotate? Do we move at all? How do the other planets coexist in our solar system being under the belief the earth is flat?

Offline Zanz

• Flat Earth researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Solar System
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 05:02:46 PM »
According to Flat Earthers, the Earth isn't in space at all, its stationary inside of a dome and all the planets are just stars. I'm honestly a little frustrated when my fellow Globe Earthers bring up the Solar System when discussing the Flat Earth, when reallym Flat Earthers don't believe in a Solar System (as we know it) at all.
I still believe its round don't worry.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 10:50:12 AM »
According to Flat Earthers, the Earth isn't in space at all, its stationary inside of a dome and all the planets are just stars. I'm honestly a little frustrated when my fellow Globe Earthers bring up the Solar System when discussing the Flat Earth, when reallym Flat Earthers don't believe in a Solar System (as we know it) at all.
Not a single word of this statement represents the Flat Earth Society's beliefs. It sounds like you got most of your FE information from Twitter. I'd recommend the FAQ and Wiki as starting points.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 11:45:15 AM »
Not a single word of this statement represents the Flat Earth Society's beliefs. It sounds like you got most of your FE information from Twitter. I'd recommend the FAQ and Wiki as starting points.
Not even the word "Flat"?

The Wiki says this:

https://wiki.tfes.org/Planets

Not convinced that in any way matches observations of course but that never seems to trouble you.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Scroogie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 12:26:13 AM »
Just once in my life I'd like to hear what Pete Svarrior's views are. Ever notice that he studiously avoids revealing his personal views on the matter, even in the media? Yes, I have read some of the media articles to which Pete has "contributed", and nowhere was there a Pete Svarrior opinion to be found, only what the society, and others, believe.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 03:28:48 AM »
Just once in my life I'd like to hear what Pete Svarrior's views are. Ever notice that he studiously avoids revealing his personal views on the matter, even in the media? Yes, I have read some of the media articles to which Pete has "contributed", and nowhere was there a Pete Svarrior opinion to be found, only what the society, and others, believe.

Pete is notorious for never really saying anything of substance. I would almost guarantee that is on purpose.

OP, I think the planets in a FE solar system supposedly orbit the sun above the flat Earth. The planets, according to the Wiki are "pretty small", whatever that means. How any of this works is beyond me. I don't think there is an explanation.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 05:41:25 AM »

Pete is notorious for never really saying anything of substance. I would almost guarantee that is on purpose.

OP, I think the planets in a FE solar system supposedly orbit the sun above the flat Earth. The planets, according to the Wiki are "pretty small", whatever that means. How any of this works is beyond me. I don't think there is an explanation.
The planets most assuredly orbit the sun. Tom has more than once referred to the FE idea as heliocentric because of this. The mechanism is unknown, but if pressed you might be pointed towards celestial gravitation.