Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
The Hunter: Call of the wild
« on: September 09, 2018, 04:21:22 PM »
So I bought a new computer game. Its a hunting simulator. I wanted something where there was progression, but you can pick it up and leave it as you like. Something calm and slow paced. Blowing the entrails out of the back of a blacktail deer is perfect for me.

I'm not very good at the game. I keep winging all the animals and not really killing them. I've been hitting them in the shoulder blades, in the meat of their neck, in their jaws, their stomachs ... I'm not great at the kill shot. The upshot is that I'm now walking around a national park where almost all the animals are limping and nursing horrendous injuries. They are leaking blood everywhere, they are behaving strangely and not going to the places they used to ...

I was initially thinking, meh, just shoot anything that moves and if it dies great, and if it doesn't ... no matter. Its only when I came across a herd of 8 deer and found 6 of them were nursing injuries I'd already given them, I realised the monster I have become. I'm now going back to the places I've been to euthanise all the animals I missed the first time ... if I can find them which mostly I can't.

The game is really beautiful, the scenery is stunning, water and weather effects are great. The screenshot above is how the game actually looks. I like that the grass flattens when I walk on it. The animals move properly, the detailed anatomy shots showing where you hit them are great, nice to know if you smashed their spine or they suffocated on their own blood.

You really do have to hit them in the right place to shatter vertebra or pierce their heart. Head shots need to be through the brain. When you find an animal you maimed earlier, you get to see where those bullets went and why it didn't kill them. Starting to favour shooting Bambi in the spine now. That drops them fast.

There's good progression. Skills, lures, guns. Trying to shoot a moose with the rifle I have is practically impossible. They also get aggressive and charge at you. Currently a good shot will kill a black bear, but brown bears seem to soak up my bullets. Rabbits are too easy and I get a low ethics score for shredding them. I think I need to save up for a shotgun. My best kill was an elk which I switched to my 60lb compound bow and devastated its tailbone. Immediately paralysed I went to pick up the XP and in game credits. Best harvest yet. I missed a white stag, well missed isn't the best description, its still hobbling around somewhere. But you get trophy animals and rare animals.

Online reviews claim bugs etc, but its been out for a while now and I haven't found any. Perfect game for me. Just my kind of thing. Very happy with it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 04:25:26 PM by Baby Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
Re: The Hunter: Call of the wild
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 01:51:25 PM »
Well still loving this. I'm getting better but still make terrible mistakes.

I went out with a my 0.270 calibre rifle. Its a good size rifle but I happened upon a moose. A male moose. And it was huge. I wanted to kill it so bad. I got up real close, took aim at its skull and pulled the trigger. My rifle was never going to pierce the chest and take its heart or lungs.

Bang. Yep, this moose then takes off. It'll fall over dead soon I thought. Nope. It started charging up and down the river bank. I had to hide. Undeterred I eventually caught up to it, picked my moment. Bang. Straight in the skull. It took off again, charging and mooing and staggering and charging. Anyway. Third times a charm. Another head shot. Nope, its running off like a crazy thing again charging the other animals and making a real commotion. The 4th bullet to the skull put it down. This ordeal was about 20 mins long.

Anyway, its dead now.

It looks small lying down. It was about 7 foot tall without anthers.

Had a similar thing with a bear that needed 3 shots to go down. Stupid bear.

Well, blood lust satisfied for another day.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 09:54:44 PM »
Hunters don't aim for the head, you nut. Aim for the heart and stop using meme calibers. Just use .30-06 like any other Fudd.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 02:01:31 PM »
Hunters don't aim for the head, you nut. Aim for the heart and stop using meme calibers. Just use .30-06 like any other Fudd.

I haven't unlocked those types of rifle yet. My next rifle when I can afford it will be a Whitlock Model 86 Lever Action rifle.

And also this is a game. The heart shots are often not as effective as the head. Especially with something like a moose. You can't penetrate deep enough. Also even if you can hit the heart, the animal then takes off at 30mph. You then have to follow the blood and find the corpse. And sometimes you can't find the damn thing, so you don't get your bonuses. But hit it in the brain and it drops on the spot. No searching. That said, I hit a stag in the head last night and it dropped to the floor. I unlocked a steam achievement that said "This is not a zombie game". I laughed and then shot a fawn.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 07:27:04 PM »

I haven't unlocked those types of rifle yet. My next rifle when I can afford it will be a Whitlock Model 86 Lever Action rifle.

And also this is a game. The heart shots are often not as effective as the head. Especially with something like a moose. You can't penetrate deep enough. Also even if you can hit the heart, the animal then takes off at 30mph. You then have to follow the blood and find the corpse. And sometimes you can't find the damn thing, so you don't get your bonuses. But hit it in the brain and it drops on the spot. No searching. That said, I hit a stag in the head last night and it dropped to the floor. I unlocked a steam achievement that said "This is not a zombie game". I laughed and then shot a fawn.

What you're telling me is that even the game is trying to tell you to stop head-shotting the animals but you do it anyway because it's easier. Sounds like a classic case of "get good, kid".