Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #6680 on: November 03, 2020, 08:37:11 PM »
Remember when Trump said he would have a vaccine by the election? Yeesh me too...

I don't remember that. Looks like a fib. Trump suggested that it looked promising to come before the end of the year.

Tom, the police said the at fault vehicle "may be" the SUV.  That isn't siding with anything.  I am sure you know this and are just spinning, but it's worth pointing out.

The police said that the victim appears to be the truck driver. The police are siding with the truck and not the SUV.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/democrats-cancel-central-texas-events-after-trump-supporters-surround-follow-biden-bus-on-i-35/

The police department also said it has researched the crash and watched online video. It said the “at-fault vehicle” may be the Biden-Harris staffer’s car, while the “victim” appears to be one of the Trump vehicles.

“The at-fault vehicle may be the white SUV and the victim appears to be the black truck,” a statement from SMPD reads.

"May be" "appears to be"

They aren't siding with anyone.  These are not definitive statements.

If the police are saying that the victim appears to be the black truck, they are siding their opinion with the truck.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 08:49:03 PM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #6681 on: November 03, 2020, 08:42:07 PM »
Remember when Trump said he would have a vaccine by the election? Yeesh me too...

I don't remember that. Looks like a fib. Trump suggested that looked promising to come before the end of the year.

Good numbers coming out of States that are opening. America is getting its life back! Vaccine work is looking VERY promising, before end of year. Likewise, other solutions!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 14, 2020

There are multiple other instances where he said it could be ready by the election.

If the police are saying that the victim appears to be the black truck, they are siding their opinion with the truck.

Sounds like they aren't offering a definitive opinion actually.  Otherwise they would just say the victim is the black truck.  But you do you.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6682 on: November 03, 2020, 08:46:03 PM »

I don't remember that. Looks like a fib. Trump suggested that looked promising to come before the end of the year.

Good numbers coming out of States that are opening. America is getting its life back! Vaccine work is looking VERY promising, before end of year. Likewise, other solutions!

There are multiple other instances where he said it could be ready by the election.

So why have you neglected to provide a quote or screenshot then?

You clearly do not have one and can only insist on this fib.

Sounds like they aren't offering a definitive opinion actually.  Otherwise they would just say the victim is the black truck.  But you do you.

Who said that any opinion had to be definitive? The police gave an opinion siding with the black truck rather than with what you wanted them to side with.

Rama Set

« Reply #6683 on: November 03, 2020, 08:54:37 PM »

Nah, I just don't feel like doing anything for you. 

Who said that any opinion had to be definitive? The police gave an opinion siding with the black truck rather than with what you wanted them to side with.

So we can say the police aren't definitely siding with anyone?  Wow.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6684 on: November 03, 2020, 09:55:02 PM »

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-makes-rosy-vaccine-timing-front-center-campaign/story?id=72877119

Pretty clearly saying it could be ready by the election. I could see arguing "special date" means something other than election day, but I think that would be an incredibly disingenuous and stubborn take.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: November 03, 2020, 10:09:04 PM »
This was the claim:

This is what Trump said:

Quote from: Trump
We’re going to have a vaccine very soon, maybe even before a very special date. You know what date I’m talking about

So Trump did not say, promise, or claim that we would have a vaccine by the election. At best he said "maybe".

Claimant is incorrect.

Quote from: Rama Set

We can say that the police sided with the truck as victim and not with your position.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 10:19:59 PM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #6686 on: November 03, 2020, 10:10:49 PM »

We can say that the police sided with the truck as victim and not with your position.

But by your own admission, we can't say it definitively.  This is really productive.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: November 03, 2020, 10:14:08 PM »

This was in June.
Says “very very soon”.

Tom, Trump says whatever he thinks will sound good. The truth is completely irrelevant to him. Just bizarre that you lap it up and either don’t acknowledge or just don’t care how much of what he says is a lie.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: November 03, 2020, 10:14:46 PM »
Well I searched "trump covid vaccine claim"  and got this as a first hit in 0.01s

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/7340386/trump-coronavirus-vaccine-claims/amp/

Article title from September 16: "Trump contradicts health officials, claims coronavirus vaccine could be ready next month"

But it's a canadian source, so who really knows, there was still hockey on at the time.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: November 03, 2020, 10:16:12 PM »

I'm not so sure. There's a different quote from the San Marcos PD. Originally the incident was called into the Kyle PD, but it turned out it was San Marcos' jurisdiction, not Kyle's.

From the San Marcos Record newspaper dated 11/1. Here’s the statement from the PD they got. Almost identical to yours except no fault around “may” is mentioned:

“As the travel continued on (I-35), a Biden Harris staffer called Kyle PD to report a vehicle incident on (I-35) at or near Exit 213 which is in their jurisdiction. Following research of the incident and viewing online video, it appears the crash occurred in SMPD jurisdiction and not where the caller reported,” SMPD said in a statement. “Also, the at-fault vehicle is uncertain from video available. Calls to the driver of the white SUV have gone unanswered and SMPD has not been contacted by the driver of the black truck. Since SMPD has not spoken to either driver at this time, additional investigation will be required to fully ascertain who was at fault.”
https://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/news-news-alert/smpd-says-further-investigation-needed-biden-campaign-bus-incident

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6690 on: November 03, 2020, 11:57:30 PM »
Well I searched "trump covid vaccine claim"  and got this as a first hit in 0.01s

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/7340386/trump-coronavirus-vaccine-claims/amp/

Article title from September 16: "Trump contradicts health officials, claims coronavirus vaccine could be ready next month"

But it's a canadian source, so who really knows, there was still hockey on at the time.

According to the video in that link Trump said in September that the vaccine "could" be ready in mid October or "maybe" later.

That is not a claim that the vaccine will be ready by election day.

I'm not so sure. There's a different quote from the San Marcos PD. Originally the incident was called into the Kyle PD, but it turned out it was San Marcos' jurisdiction, not Kyle's.

From the San Marcos Record newspaper dated 11/1. Here’s the statement from the PD they got. Almost identical to yours except no fault around “may” is mentioned:

“As the travel continued on (I-35), a Biden Harris staffer called Kyle PD to report a vehicle incident on (I-35) at or near Exit 213 which is in their jurisdiction. Following research of the incident and viewing online video, it appears the crash occurred in SMPD jurisdiction and not where the caller reported,” SMPD said in a statement. “Also, the at-fault vehicle is uncertain from video available. Calls to the driver of the white SUV have gone unanswered and SMPD has not been contacted by the driver of the black truck. Since SMPD has not spoken to either driver at this time, additional investigation will be required to fully ascertain who was at fault.”
https://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/news-news-alert/smpd-says-further-investigation-needed-biden-campaign-bus-incident

Your article is dated 11/1. Their announcement that the police see the black truck as the victim is posted later on that site.

Five hours ago that same website posted:

Link takes us to an article posted on 11/2:

https://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/news/smpd-working-cooperation-fbi-investigation-biden-bus-incident#.X6DXxD5Hhdw.twitter

Where it says:

“Available video footage makes it appear as though the at-fault vehicle may be the white SUV and the victim appears to be the black truck as supported by a Kyle Police report,” SMPD said in a statement.

The police updated their opinion and suggest that the black truck is the victim.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 12:07:28 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: November 04, 2020, 01:50:09 AM »

According to the video in that link Trump said in September that the vaccine "could" be ready in mid October or "maybe" later.

That is not a claim that the vaccine will be ready by election day.

Your article is dated 11/1. Their announcement that the police see the black truck as the victim is posted later on that site.

Five hours ago that same website posted:

Link takes us to an article posted on 11/2:

https://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/news/smpd-working-cooperation-fbi-investigation-biden-bus-incident#.X6DXxD5Hhdw.twitter

Where it says:

“Available video footage makes it appear as though the at-fault vehicle may be the white SUV and the victim appears to be the black truck as supported by a Kyle Police report,” SMPD said in a statement.

The police updated their opinion and suggest that the black truck is the victim.

OK spent another 0.2 seconds with the same search criteria...

This quote from politico.com, quoting trump on Fox and Friends:

“I’m getting it very soon, within a matter of weeks,” Trump told “Fox & Friends” in an interview, adding: “I would say that you’ll have it long before the end of the year, maybe. Maybe by the end of October.”

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: November 04, 2020, 02:22:06 AM »
That sounds like he's talking about something that could maybe happen.

It doesn't sound like a claim or promise to get it by election day to me. You have shown Rama Set's claim to be incorrect. Perhaps the never-Trumpers here should come up with their own arguments rather than parroting everything they read from their biased, lying liberal source.

Rama Set

« Reply #6693 on: November 04, 2020, 02:57:02 AM »

It doesn't sound like a claim or promise to get it by election day to me. You have shown Rama Set's claim to be incorrect. Perhaps the never-Trumpers here should come up with their own arguments rather than parroting everything they read from their biased, lying liberal source.

So it's a promise, but not a definitive promise.  Got it.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: November 04, 2020, 07:01:38 PM »
So who won the Presidency?

Russians? ChinA? Rodman? Pelosi? Iran?

This is a mind bender for sure....
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Rama Set

« Reply #6695 on: November 04, 2020, 07:08:52 PM »

Certainly doesn't seem like Trump did.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: November 04, 2020, 07:44:12 PM »

He did say maybe.  A strong maybe because he wants you to know that he is gonna make it happen if he can.  And he can.  Maybe.  But only if you support him.  Which you should.  Because he's the best president ever.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: November 04, 2020, 08:36:13 PM »

I think we might have all lost.
Both sides are going to claim they win.
The loser is going to say it was stolen from them and it’s all going to get legal.
It’ll drag on for ages and the US will remain more divided than ever.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Rama Set

« Reply #6698 on: November 04, 2020, 08:46:53 PM »
Trump already filed a lawsuit to stop counting in MI, which seems silly, since Biden is ahead.  Eric Trump is claiming victory in PA for.... reasons.  USPS officials are being called before the court in Georgia to explain why they didn't do the court ordered sweep for 300,000 missing ballots; coincidentally enough ballots to put Biden in the lead if mail-in/early voting splits hold up.

It seems that shit is only flowing downhill.

The only criticism of the Biden camp I have seen is an unsubstantiated claim that one count of ballots resulted in a 130,000 to 0 count in Biden's favor.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: November 04, 2020, 09:26:23 PM »
The only criticism of the Biden camp I have seen is an unsubstantiated claim that one count of ballots resulted in a 130,000 to 0 count in Biden's favor.

That claim was debunked here:

"However the claim is false. And here is why.

Firstly, the graphics that show the apparently “magical” increase in votes for Biden (while other candidates did not increase their votes at all) is not from any official vote count from the state of Michigan. In fact they come from a third party company called Decision Desk HQ who operate their own real time electoral map graphics based on information released by electoral authorities from each state.

Secondly, and most importantly, the sudden increase in votes apparently offered to Biden wasn’t an increase at all, rather it was a DECREASE in votes. This happened after Decision Desk HQ made a typo when updating their electoral map (adding an extra zero after the intended number in a particular Michigan county) and then subsequently correcting their mistake, resulting in a large drop of votes for Biden. The two screenshots showing the disparity were then reversed to make it appear Biden had been afforded a “suspicious” increase in votes when the other candidates received no such increase at all."

https://www.thatsnonsense.com/did-joe-biden-receive-100-of-a-mail-in-ballot-dump-in-michigan-fact-check/