Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2014, 10:47:59 PM »
If I played the game with intent to get levels and stuff I'd have it, But I'm dicking around playing music at a graveyard and pretending to be a scamp. Oh no the game gives me enough content to do stuff all the time whatever shall I do.
Maple syrup was a kind of candy, made from the blood of trees.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 22, 2014, 10:49:02 PM »
It's a pay-to-play MMO. It's designed to make you waste the largest amount of time possible while also making it seem like you're progressing when you actually aren't. Its a time sink, like all other MMOS with the exception of PSO, but that doesn't really count because its one of the best games ever made and not so much an MMO, more like an online action game with decent combat.

By PSO, do you mean Phantasy Star Online?
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 22, 2014, 10:52:45 PM »
It's a pay-to-play MMO. It's designed to make you waste the largest amount of time possible while also making it seem like you're progressing when you actually aren't. Its a time sink, like all other MMOS with the exception of PSO, but that doesn't really count because its one of the best games ever made and not so much an MMO, more like an online action game with decent combat.

I thought it was Planet Side Online.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Ghost of V

« Reply #283 on: April 22, 2014, 10:58:20 PM »

Yeah.

If I played the game with intent to get levels and stuff I'd have it, But I'm dicking around playing music at a graveyard and pretending to be a scamp. Oh no the game gives me enough content to do stuff all the time whatever shall I do.

That's fine. It's great that you're enjoying the little things the game has to offer. However, that's a completely different aspect from how the game actually works in terms of progressing. If pretending to be a scamp and playing a virtual lute in a graveyard are worth $15 a month to you, more power to ya.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 11:02:04 PM by Ghost of V »

« Reply #284 on: April 22, 2014, 11:25:14 PM »
ITT: Ghost of V seems confused by how RPGs work. Hilarity ensues.

So you're saying that MMOs aren't a huge time investment or that all RPGS are a huge time investment?
ITT: Ghost of V uses generalizations and a false dichotomy. Hilarity continues.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Ghost of V

« Reply #285 on: April 22, 2014, 11:32:56 PM »
ITT: Ghost of V seems confused by how RPGs work. Hilarity ensues.

So you're saying that MMOs aren't a huge time investment or that all RPGS are a huge time investment?
ITT: Ghost of V uses generalizations and a false dichotomy. Hilarity continues.

ITT: Benjamin Franklin avoids basic questions and posts hip abbreviations in a imbecilic attempt at flaunting his e-peen.. Predictability, boredom, and over compensation ensue.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2014, 02:49:01 AM »

Yeah.

That's fine. It's great that you're enjoying the little things the game has to offer. However, that's a completely different aspect from how the game actually works in terms of progressing. If pretending to be a scamp and playing a virtual lute in a graveyard are worth $15 a month to you, more power to ya.
Define progressing in a game. How does one progress differently in an rpg that makes it false as opposed to other games with supposed progression?

Ghost of V

« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2014, 04:39:58 PM »
Define progressing in a game. How does one progress differently in an rpg that makes it false as opposed to other games with supposed progression?

Wait, what? Rephrase your question.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 23, 2014, 04:56:30 PM »

You say that progress in the game is false. How is progress in the game false? How is it less real than other progress?

Ghost of V

« Reply #289 on: April 23, 2014, 07:48:13 PM »

You say that progress in the game is false. How is progress in the game false? How is it less real than other progress?

I never said it was "false". I just said it takes much longer to progress in MMOS than non-MMOS. Hence why I called them timesinks.

Offline Lemon

• Lime
    • View Profile
    • Disco
« Reply #290 on: April 23, 2014, 08:13:03 PM »

I never said it was "false". I just said it takes much longer to progress in MMOS than non-MMOS. Hence why I called them timesinks.

Lies.
NOTHING TO SEE HERE. IGNORE RAMA SET.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 24, 2014, 01:15:15 AM »
making it seem like you're progressing when you actually aren't.

Ghost of V

« Reply #292 on: April 24, 2014, 01:30:02 AM »
making it seem like you're progressing when you actually aren't.

You're taking what I said too literally. That was dramatic effect.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 24, 2014, 01:59:15 AM »
I have yet to have a quest where I need to kill more than 6 things for.

Edit: well expect for a pvp quest

Also today I made 250g riddling.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 24, 2014, 02:11:57 AM »
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 24, 2014, 04:51:19 AM »

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #296 on: April 26, 2014, 05:36:26 PM »
The reviews for this game are really demonstrating, once again, why the numerical rating system is so flawed.  Most of the reviews I've read are just shitting all over it, but they're still giving overall scores of 6/10 or 8/10.  Then websites like Wikipedia and Metacritic summarize the reception as being positive.

« Reply #297 on: May 03, 2014, 09:33:22 PM »
The reviews for this game are really demonstrating, once again, why the numerical rating system is so flawed.  Most of the reviews I've read are just shitting all over it, but they're still giving overall scores of 6/10 or 8/10.  Then websites like Wikipedia and Metacritic summarize the reception as being positive.

The rating system isnt flawed. Its the people using the system.

If I ask you what you thought of the restaurant you just ate in and you reply "Horrible I puked twice between courses. 9/10" then you don't know how to rate things.

Ghost of V

« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2014, 09:48:40 PM »
The rating system isnt flawed. Its the people using the system.

If I ask you what you thought of the restaurant you just ate in and you reply "Horrible I puked twice between courses. 9/10" then you don't know how to rate things.

The rating system and the people using the system are flawed. Basing your initial impression of something on someone else's opinion is a flawed way of thinking. Use your own damn senses to figure out whether you like something or not, you lazy bastard.

Video game reviews are especially flawed as a whole. Everyone finds games enjoyable in different ways, and expecting a review to tell you how you're going to enjoy it is moronic. The only thing worthwhile about reviews is if they tell you real problems with the game in question (glitchy mess, shitty localization, etc). Don't even get me started on the numbering system used by various outlets to review media...  >o<

IGN, you expect me to follow your review like it's the word of God, even knowing that you were probably paid off by the publisher? Ok.

Also, reviewing an MMO is tricky business. MMOs are always changing.

« Reply #299 on: May 04, 2014, 03:03:22 PM »
Use your own damn senses to figure out whether you like something or not, you lazy bastard.

Your point is well made. I can only wish you luck in trying to figure out which mushrooms are poisonous.