Offline Spycrab

• Wait what's going on I fell asleep.
    • View Profile
Obvious Truth Part 2
« on: May 07, 2018, 04:52:11 PM »
So, this sunk, unanswered in the debate thread, and I realized it's more a singular question, so it belongs here anyway.
In the flat earth wiki, the earth's flatness is regarded as an obvious truth and any evidence against it is fabricated.
On what is this based?
If the truth is so obvious, what revelatory evidence is behind it?
Being a cornerstone of FE belief, it must be very convincing.
Care to enlighten me on this subject?
The espionage crustacean strikes again.
Spycrab, you're the best memeber on the fora. Thank you for being born.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Obvious Truth Part 2
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 06:15:06 PM »
The Wiki page you're referring to has recently been removed, as it clearly does not represent the FE viewpoint. To provide some context: we've inherited the Wiki from "the other place" - it has its significant issues, and those are being ironed out slowly, but steadily. We chose to try and keep it alive and try to fix it over time, and yes, that occasionally means that someone finds something that should have never been there. The other site, as I understand, decided to remove their version of the Wiki altogether for similar reasons.

So, to answer your question: it's not based on anything. It's incorrect, and we've moved on nearly a decade ago. It never was a "cornerstone" of anyone's belief, although a couple of particularly dishonest debaters recently tried to frame it that way. Mountain, molehill, etc.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 06:35:04 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 06:39:11 PM »
It never was a "cornerstone" of anyone's belief, although a couple of particularly dishonest debaters recently tried to frame it that way. Mountain, molehill, etc.
"There is only one thing worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde.

Behave. I've referenced it because that Wiki page absolutely does represent a lot of FE mindset I see on here.
I gave some examples in the other thread and I've agreed to stop mentioning the Wiki page.
So give it a rest.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 06:56:08 PM »
I [...] I [...]
I [...] I [...]
You were not the only offender, and you did back off eventually. My comment was not referring to any individuals specifically, but rather to the harmful pattern of debating we've witnessed here.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume