Offline Debnam

• View Profile
What makes the Sun, Moon, stars, and planets rotate?
« on: October 03, 2017, 05:15:59 AM »
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but in FET, what is the mechanism or driving force behind the motion of the Sun, Moon, stars, and planets in the sky? I am curious as to the "why" and "how" behind this motion.

I assume UA also acts on these celestial bodies in order for them to remain at the same distance from the surface of the Earth, but what makes them revolve around whatever vertical axis they revolve around?

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
Re: What makes the Sun, Moon, stars, and planets rotate?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 05:59:54 AM »
A good question. I've seen lots of discussion and CGI animation of the sun and moon orbiting the north pole. Have yet to see an explanation of why they orbit it.

Offline Ga_x2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 06:51:34 AM »
Just *how* they do it would be a start, let alone why. Maybe a diagram could be sketched over the FE official map.
Oh wait

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 12:12:07 PM »
Tom once told me the orbit a shared center point. No clue what mechanism keeps them from flinging off into space since gravity doesn't exist and all. (Or is it celestial gravity? whatever that is)
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 12:35:16 PM »
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but in FET, what is the mechanism or driving force behind the motion of the Sun, Moon, stars, and planets in the sky? I am curious as to the "why" and "how" behind this motion.

I assume UA also acts on these celestial bodies in order for them to remain at the same distance from the surface of the Earth, but what makes them revolve around whatever vertical axis they revolve around?
I've seen two ideas on this. The first (which is the more common/believable imo, not that that's saying much) is that their motions are extensions of the same 'celestial gears' that keep the stars moving and help create hurricanes. The second is that there's literal poles coming up out of the North pole upon which rest the sun and moon and rotate them around the Earth.

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 11:44:04 PM »

I've seen two ideas on this.
Can any of these ideas be TESTED if true?