Online AATW

• View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #1440 on: February 17, 2024, 08:18:17 PM »
I can't think of anyone off hand.
Trump it is then, unless he’s in prison.
I was talking to a mate about this yesterday and we both agreed we’d both probably vote for Trump if we were in the US. I can’t stand him, but he is at least compus mentus. Biden just isn’t fit to run the country. Even if he was now, he’s 81. There’s no guarantee he’d get through the 4 years. Why the hell would you elect someone of that age to be president? No one is as sharp at that age as they are in their prime.

Our lot aren’t competent and the options in the UK are fairly depressing but they are at least physically and mentally fit enough to govern.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 17, 2024, 10:43:03 PM »
I was talking to a mate about this yesterday and we both agreed we’d both probably vote for Trump if we were in the US. I can’t stand him, but he is at least compus mentus.
This really surprises me. I'm no fan of Jo Biden, but to say that Trump is compos mentis1 seems off. Many of the things he's said, especially during his presidency when his publicity was at its highest, strongly suggested that his grasp on reality was tenuous at best. Are you sure that you're comparing the two fairly, rather than falling for the trap of hearing Biden say silly things more recently?

1 - yeah, yeah, I'm just correcting your spelling here. Gimme a break.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

BillO

« Reply #1442 on: February 17, 2024, 11:16:47 PM »
I'd honestly hate to have to choose between the two, but if push came to shove I'd have to go with Mr. Biden.

Trump is just full of himself, and where there's a little room it's all just shlt.  If he goes off script (which is frequently) he just strings un-related words together.  He can't even get his political opponents right.

Plus, Biden just seems less outwardly criminal.

The pick'ns be slim.

Not that there is much to toot about in Canada either.

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 18, 2024, 11:27:42 AM »
compos mentis1
Ah. Thanks. I rarely see it written down so I took a punt!

Many of the things he's said, especially during his presidency when his publicity was at its highest, strongly suggested that his grasp on reality was tenuous at best. Are you sure that you're comparing the two fairly, rather than falling for the trap of hearing Biden say silly things more recently?

I largely agree that Trump has little grasp of reality but I think it’s in a different way to Biden. Trump doesn’t seem to know or care what is true, and I agree that’s not an ideal trait in a president. And I basically hate everything he says and stands for. But I think he’s basically mentally all there. He talks bollocks but does so because he’s an idiot and a narcissist. He’s not actually demented. I think he’d get through to the end of the presidency without needing to go into a care home. We had 4 years of Trump before and although I tired of his nonsense the world didn’t fall apart.
Biden just isn’t well enough to be president. He’s not well enough physically or mentally.

They’re both terrible options and it’s quite the dilemma for the US population. Obviously the Trump cult will vote for him whatever happens. That’s not enough to win an election though and I thought after Trump’s behaviour there’s no way they’d elect him again. But with the state of Biden’s health I don’t see how they can give him a second term.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

« Reply #1444 on: February 18, 2024, 02:28:44 PM »
We had 4 years of Trump before and although I tired of his nonsense the world didn’t fall apart.

is the world currently falling apart? how is biden any different in this respect?

Biden just isn’t well enough to be president. He’s not well enough physically or mentally.

i keep hearing this. based on what? a video of a guy with a stutter fumbling some words? a news report that someone said he forgot a thing? is there anything more substantive to this claim than just "i read thing that say joe dumb"? because i kinda feel like if literally every single moment of my life were being watched and recorded, you may be able to find some of instances in which i don't seem too bright.

has there been a policy breakdown somewhere? or any material consequence you can point to?

fwiw i don't give two shits about biden, i just think this whole line of thought is weird.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: February 18, 2024, 03:55:56 PM »
you may be able to find some of instances in which i don't seem too bright.

has there been a policy breakdown somewhere? or any material consequence you can point to?

fwiw i don't give two shits about biden, i just think this whole line of thought is weird.
Well, this ^ post would be one of those instances.

Policy breakdown? How about the border?

How about radical inflation?

To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 18, 2024, 05:13:28 PM »
compos mentis1
Ah. Thanks. I rarely see it written down so I took a punt!

Many of the things he's said, especially during his presidency when his publicity was at its highest, strongly suggested that his grasp on reality was tenuous at best. Are you sure that you're comparing the two fairly, rather than falling for the trap of hearing Biden say silly things more recently?

I largely agree that Trump has little grasp of reality but I think it’s in a different way to Biden. Trump doesn’t seem to know or care what is true, and I agree that’s not an ideal trait in a president. And I basically hate everything he says and stands for. But I think he’s basically mentally all there. He talks bollocks but does so because he’s an idiot and a narcissist. He’s not actually demented.

I strongly disagree. His grasp of reality was already tenuous while he was president, and he's only gotten more unhinged as time has gone on. Those little gaffes of Biden's that have everyone so worried about his mental state? Those moments where he seems to lose track of what's going on? Such moments exist for Trump as well, in spades.

I'm not sure either one of them is "all there". But all things being equal (which as far as their mental acuity goes they probably are, or very close to it anyway) I'll take benevolent over evil any fucking day and I think it's insane to think otherwise.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #1447 on: February 18, 2024, 05:34:16 PM »
How about the border?

those are policy positions you don't like, not examples of biden's supposed mental deficiencies. unless you're saying he forgot the border existed or something? idgi.

i'm not taking a position on biden's policies, it's cool if you hate them. not my point.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 19, 2024, 10:30:58 AM »
How about the border?

those are policy positions you don't like, not examples of biden's supposed mental deficiencies. unless you're saying he forgot the border existed or something? idgi.

i'm not taking a position on biden's policies, it's cool if you hate them. not my point.
Well, it is obvious he does not know where the border is, for christ sake.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2024/feb/09/israeli-offensive-on-gaza-over-the-top-says-biden-video

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 19, 2024, 11:39:39 AM »
How about the border?

Well, it is obvious he does not know where the border is, for christ sake.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2024/feb/09/israeli-offensive-on-gaza-over-the-top-says-biden-video

So... Mixing up foreign names means he doesn't know where a border is?

Does that mean that if you mix up your coworker's name, you don't know where you work?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: February 19, 2024, 01:00:40 PM »

Does that mean that if you mix up your coworker's name, you don't know where you work?
What name did he mix up?

What does my coworker have to do with the border?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 19, 2024, 02:07:10 PM »

What name did he mix up?

The Egyptian and Mexican leaders.  As your link states.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: February 19, 2024, 03:04:55 PM »

What name did he mix up?

The Egyptian and Mexican leaders.  As your link states.
He only mentioned one name. In the same press conference where he was scolding the special counsel who stated the reason why he wasn't charged with lying about and mishandling classified documents was because he was (effectively) senile and he doubted he would be convicted.

I mean, the reason why he wasn't charged is actually the same reason why none of the charges against Trump will ever result in anything of consequence and that is because these "special counsels" have no real standing under US Code to prosecute charges.

But Joe is senile, no doubt about it.

That "Corn Pop," fella is vicious, I tell ya...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 07:54:31 PM by Action80 »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 19, 2024, 06:02:38 PM »
As I pointed out a couple of years ago, the Corn Pop story has been corroborated. Intuitively you feel that it isn't true, but the evidence shows that it actually is. Not a great start if that's Exhibit A of Biden's supposed mental incompetence.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: February 19, 2024, 07:38:38 PM »
As I pointed out a couple of years ago, the Corn Pop story has been corroborated. Intuitively you feel that it isn't true, but the evidence shows that it actually is. Not a great start if that's Exhibit A of Biden's supposed mental incompetence.
Wearing your hard hat backward is an important first step in challenging vicious men named "Corn Pop," on the mean streets of Wilmington, DE.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: February 19, 2024, 08:29:03 PM »
Hmm. I dunno about this. To me, one of them (Trump, to avoid ambiguity) has bad intentions, while the other one is "just" in bad health*. We definitely agree that neither is ideal. But, to me, it seems like our options are a comparably healthy person who's actively malicious, and one person who might end up handing power over to another milquetoast Democrat if things get bad enough.

* - if we even accept that narrative to begin with. I honestly don't know if he's any worse than Trump on that front. Recall the hysteria around Trump's health when he was president - and the counter-argument in which his health was declared to be Truly Presidential™ by his doctor.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 08:32:38 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: February 19, 2024, 08:56:56 PM »
The problem with the Democrat's ability to find someone electable in the upcoming presidential election is directly related to the below.

https://www.wtnh.com/news/washington/dems-launch-new-hip-hop-task-force/

« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 09:03:43 PM by Tom Bishop »

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: February 20, 2024, 06:06:36 PM »
Hmm. I dunno about this. To me, one of them (Trump, to avoid ambiguity) has bad intentions, while the other one is "just" in bad health*. We definitely agree that neither is ideal. But, to me, it seems like our options are a comparably healthy person who's actively malicious, and one person who might end up handing power over to another milquetoast Democrat if things get bad enough.

* - if we even accept that narrative to begin with. I honestly don't know if he's any worse than Trump on that front. Recall the hysteria around Trump's health when he was president - and the counter-argument in which his health was declared to be Truly Presidential™ by his doctor.
I'm not sure Trump is actually malicious. He's not trying to take America down from the inside. He's certainly a narcissist and I suspect he mostly wants to be president to go down in history and as a route to making ever more money. His physical health probably isn't that great, I think mentally he's mostly all there, but in other ways he does have a somewhat tenuous grip on reality. I was reminded earlier about Trump's rambling about Covid - his thoughts that they could just shine UV light into people to eradicate the virus. Chuckle. But, overall, I don't think the world will fall apart if (I'm coming to the depressing opinion that it's "when") he's president again.

But I do take gary's point that the world isn't falling apart now either, so maybe I'll change my vote. Not that I get one. It's two pretty depressing options, makes our lot almost look competent. Almost...

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 03:44:33 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: March 01, 2024, 11:43:01 AM »
Yeah, see, ask me what I did 5 years ago and I'll look at you with a blank stare.
Even in my prime, I couldn't remember much past a few days.