Offline retlaw

• View Profile
Re: Flight Paths
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2019, 07:02:49 PM »

Flight emergency stops have some interesting issues.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2019, 10:31:21 PM »

Not really. What are the issues? The first one the guy talks about, he has an incorrect flight path for the diversion to AK.

Here's why they went to Alaska:

Max_Almond

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2019, 07:53:56 AM »

He would find the globe earth flight paths less confusing if he put them in the right place. Maybe using a piece of string would be better to measure the shortest distance between points on a sphere, rather than drawing them by hand: they're wildly inaccurate.

To be fair, he did a follow up video to this where he used Google Maps - but, alas, still got it wrong.

Here's a short video explaining his mistakes:

I would say he ought to try his methods for the southern hemisphere, but he did actually do that and - surprise, surprise - made it work for the flat earth by the power of imagination. Never mind the different scenery and compass directions, though. Belief conquers all! :)

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2019, 03:46:38 PM »
Australia to south Africa flights make no sense on a globe traveling twice the distance then needed.

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=13979.0

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2019, 04:55:03 PM »
Australia to south Africa flights make no sense on a globe traveling twice the distance then needed.

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=13979.0

There's a direct flight from Perth to Johannesburg once a day. Approximately 8,325 KM. Makes perfect sense.

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2019, 03:40:06 AM »

There's a direct flight from Perth to Johannesburg once a day. Approximately 8,325 KM. Makes perfect sense.

You are correct. When I was looking for flights the other day I could not see those options.
Have to look further into them.

Offline Jeppspace

• 0 + 0 = 0
    • View Profile
    • YllwChlk
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2019, 04:12:19 AM »
In my view, if we are going to debate the shape of the world, then who is to say whether continents are identical?

I am not an orthodox FlatEarther, my views are somewhat difficult to relate, however in reference to short flights passing Antarctica, which by the way do only pass Antarctica, I find it interesting to suggest that:

• The shape of Antarctica may likewise be miscalculated, or represented, in that the route debated may not actually require the plane on an FE model to take such a greatly circular path, since it may pass over an outcrop of ice not shown on any publicly available maps.
  • In which case, perhaps there are other miscellaneous outcrops on the opposite side of the FE model, which can be flown past on return, so as to present the illusion of Antarctica, whilst continuing to take advantage of the jetstreams.
  • A bit of a long and somewhat entertaining shot but... perhaps massive chunks of Antarctica have been recently breaking off due to a deliberate government operation of creating these deceiving outcrops. The last one was the size of New York. Is global warming a fabricated convenience?

My own model doesn't require conspiracies as a corner stone, as such, and so I'm not really into them, but I don't know if any of you have considered these theories, so am just posting this for interest.

Of course, as other FE's have suggested, perhaps a modified plane is employed.
Anyone who would pay Richard Branson hundreds of thousands of dollars for the visual confirmation that we are all doomed to the unforgiving abyss of space, definitely deserves to know that.

: Infinite ¥ : Szion = : Plane