Ghost of V

Re: Joining the PC master race
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2015, 03:14:28 AM »
Congratulations, Saddam. This is a defining moment in your life. You will talk about this on the internet for days to come. You are one of the very few, one of the elite.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2015, 03:19:39 AM »
Congratulations, Saddam. This is a defining moment in your life. You will talk about this on the internet for days to come. You are one of the very few, one of the elite.

inb4 saddam tells you to kill yourself
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2015, 06:18:33 AM »

You jeer, but most people have never built a computer, will never build one, and would have absolutely no idea how to go about building one.  Online communities simply aren't a representative sample of the population.  If they were, then Rush would be the biggest band in the world, Ron Paul would be the president, major religions would have no more influence or notability than any nut claiming to talk to God, and Internet Explorer would have been laughed out of existence a long time ago.  PC gamers/builders/enthusiasts are a very vocal minority, but a minority nevertheless.

And that's not a bad thing!  Really, a lot of you guys just seem to take your skills and expertise on the subject for granted, and downplay it as basic common knowledge that everyone ought to have.  You're doing yourselves a real disservice there.  You've found something that you're good at, so take pride in it.  Don't write it off as if it's nothing.  Treasure our different strengths and weaknesses, and we will be one step closer to world peace.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2015, 10:22:55 AM »

You jeer, but most people have never built a computer, will never build one, and would have absolutely no idea how to go about building one.  Online communities simply aren't a representative sample of the population.  If they were, then Rush would be the biggest band in the world, Ron Paul would be the president, major religions would have no more influence or notability than any nut claiming to talk to God, and Internet Explorer would have been laughed out of existence a long time ago.  PC gamers/builders/enthusiasts are a very vocal minority, but a minority nevertheless.

And that's not a bad thing!  Really, a lot of you guys just seem to take your skills and expertise on the subject for granted, and downplay it as basic common knowledge that everyone ought to have.  You're doing yourselves a real disservice there.  You've found something that you're good at, so take pride in it.  Don't write it off as if it's nothing.  Treasure our different strengths and weaknesses, and we will be one step closer to world peace.
tl;dr
The Mastery.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2015, 11:39:32 AM »
Congrats, Saddam.
Let's hope that was the hard part.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2015, 01:19:21 PM »

Anyone can learn to build a PC, just like anyone can learn to drive a car. Let's face it, the average person regardless of prior experience is going to manage to build a computer faster than you.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2015, 05:57:13 PM »
ITT: Saddam boasts about building a working computer only weeks after receiving the parts.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2015, 06:09:29 PM »
Anyone can learn to build a PC, just like anyone can learn to drive a car. Let's face it, the average person regardless of prior experience is going to manage to build a computer faster than you.

Irrelephant.

ITT: Saddam boasts about building a working computer only weeks after receiving the parts.

Yes.

Ghost of V

« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2015, 07:04:49 PM »
Have you downloaded all the appropriate drivers for your PC yet, Saddamnit?

edit: You might want to consider deleting System 32. Your computer will run faster without it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:35:01 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2015, 08:19:34 PM »
Sadman's quest has inspired to take up my own journey. I ordered everything Friday for a new system build. Only a mid range system, since I don't actually have a need for another workstation.

By next weekend, I will show everyone how to not Sadman.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2015, 02:08:05 PM »
Saddam, did you get an OS installed yet, or is that next month's project? 

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2015, 05:14:11 PM »
Oh, nevermind, Sadman's extremely angry post disappeared.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2015, 05:15:28 PM »
Oh, nevermind, Sadman's extremely angry post disappeared.

Yes, it was a bit overly mean.

Saddam, did you get an OS installed yet, or is that next month's project?

Did this sound witty and clever to you in your head?  Seriously, I'm beginning to think that you are the markjo of insults.

And yes, I did.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2015, 05:29:50 PM »
>literally makes the same post again

Ghost of V

« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2015, 05:38:34 PM »
ITT: Saddam gets offended by serious questions.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2015, 05:52:41 PM »
>literally makes the same post again

No, in my first post I called him an idiot; in my next, I likened him to markjo.  There is a difference!

ITT: Saddam gets offended by serious questions.

http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/warriorshtm/bigdogmetoo.htm

Ghost of V

« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2015, 05:53:32 PM »
No really, my post about being one of the elite was serious and you berated me. Your sarcasm detector is seriously malfunctioning.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2015, 05:55:45 PM »
I have yet to figure out why sadaam is so touchy about this subject...

Ghost of V

« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2015, 05:59:30 PM »
I have yet to figure out why sadaam is so touchy about this subject...

My working theory is that he's making this whole thing up. He didn't build a computer. He's been sitting on his butt playing AssCreed all day, and is making things up on the internet. This whole "I'm mad about these posts" thing is just to make it look more genuine.

Has anyone seen a picture of Saddam next to his newly built PC?  :-\

Thork

« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2015, 07:26:19 PM »
Has anyone seen a picture of Saddam next to his newly built PC?  :-\
I think some kind of zetetic evidence is required at this point.