Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Genuine question
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2016, 04:46:56 PM »
Yes I have ran across many of these "arguments " and "facts" along you tube which is where I first found this theory. I was actually shocked that flat earth was still a thing. My theory when first hearing it, the theory is so crazy either it's true and we have stumbled across an awakening. Or it is the ultimate troll test. This is why I decided to actually come to forums to see if I could find itelligent people on their theory to help me understand it's possibility. The YouTube arguments was doing them no justice, basically either saying it's all a lie with no substance to support the claims. Or saying God said so. Which I believe Yahweh and Yehushua to be the ultimate truth, yet I don't use that in arguments of this nature. Not to mention there is nothing in the Bible that says the earth is flat, and actually things that elude to a globe.

So far it is seeming this is a troll movement. I am trying to prove otherwise with little avail

However, someone did say that satalites was actually allowed in this model which would explain where my parts went and the things I have seen personally. Yet that opens up a whole other box of questions. What are they "orbiting" and how do they maintain altitude as well as flight path since there will be no sling shot effect. The fuel they take up with them would barely keep them on target and in flight for a day. I am awaiting a response perhaps I will be surprised.

You sound a lot like me. I first heard of this theory on YouTube and the arguments they used didnt sound all that valid so I came to the other site first and found this. I believe the Bible is true but the Bible doesn't say that the earth is flat and in fact if anything it says its round. BTW I also call Jesus Yeshua and in prayer I call God Yehovah.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2016, 08:57:57 PM »
Yes I have ran across many of these "arguments " and "facts" along you tube which is where I first found this theory. I was actually shocked that flat earth was still a thing. My theory when first hearing it, the theory is so crazy either it's true and we have stumbled across an awakening. Or it is the ultimate troll test. This is why I decided to actually come to forums to see if I could find itelligent people on their theory to help me understand it's possibility. The YouTube arguments was doing them no justice, basically either saying it's all a lie with no substance to support the claims. Or saying God said so. Which I believe Yahweh and Yehushua to be the ultimate truth, yet I don't use that in arguments of this nature. Not to mention there is nothing in the Bible that says the earth is flat, and actually things that elude to a globe.

So far it is seeming this is a troll movement. I am trying to prove otherwise with little avail

However, someone did say that satalites was actually allowed in this model which would explain where my parts went and the things I have seen personally. Yet that opens up a whole other box of questions. What are they "orbiting" and how do they maintain altitude as well as flight path since there will be no sling shot effect. The fuel they take up with them would barely keep them on target and in flight for a day. I am awaiting a response perhaps I will be surprised.

You sound a lot like me. I first heard of this theory on YouTube and the arguments they used didnt sound all that valid so I came to the other site first and found this. I believe the Bible is true but the Bible doesn't say that the earth is flat and in fact if anything it says its round. BTW I also call Jesus Yeshua and in prayer I call God Yehovah.

The pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton will forever be a debate. I finally agreed on Yahweh from my Hebrew studies. As it translates into the third person of saying "I am, I will show you I am by my actions", though Yehovah is a viable option as well. Yehushua, yeshua, and yeshu all appear, I believe Yeshua appears the most, yet Yehushua is more of a direct translation " yah is salvation". Only thing I can say on these names is try to understand how He thinks, His history in the Bible. There is always great meaning behind any name.

However, He is not a dumb God, and He knows when we are talking to Him, and He understands language issues. Of course though, I want to know the name 100 percent because there is importance in a name. The name of Christ is pretty cut and dry, however the Tetragrammaton is very frustrating lol.

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 04:16:38 PM »
This is priceless: 
Also accusing me of hypocritically being open minded?? Did you not read what I do for a living? If people even got wind of me taking the slightlist interest into this, I would be blacklisted in bankruptcy. So to even tiny bit risk that would certainly show I look for truth at any corner until that corner has dried up or shows to be promising .
Let me get this straight.....   

You work for folks who would blacklist you into bankruptcy for showing the slightest interest into this.....   that sounds extreme. 
Yet you are asking how a conspiracy can occur.......??   

The world needs people like you to keep it turning!!   
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 05:17:12 PM »
This is priceless: 
Also accusing me of hypocritically being open minded?? Did you not read what I do for a living? If people even got wind of me taking the slightlist interest into this, I would be blacklisted in bankruptcy. So to even tiny bit risk that would certainly show I look for truth at any corner until that corner has dried up or shows to be promising .
Let me get this straight.....   

You work for folks who would blacklist you into bankruptcy for showing the slightest interest into this.....   that sounds extreme. 
Yet you are asking how a conspiracy can occur.......??   

The world needs people like you to keep it turning!!

Sigh....cherry pick one quote out of entire paragraphs I have written, typical. I have already admitted certain professions, education levels and so forth swarm in cult theology (obviously you did not choose to quote that) I also stated alternative theology swarms in the same cult mentality( obviously you did not choose to quote that either). 

Yes, I have stated even questioning equations can get people's feathers ruffled ( have lost one client because of this, and it is my own company, I haven't worked for anyone in 11 years). Much less something questioning the very foundation of the earth. The majority of people in my field are not open minded, so I just go my own way and leave them out of it. I personally watched escape dynamics and beal get torn apart when they went against the grain. Especially beal, NASA and their government enforcer. This was the same time almost all my aerospace business dried up. I would have went out of business as well if I didn't have other lines I worked in.

With all this admitted, it still doesn't account for the size and possibility of the coverup. Someone would have said something somewhere, out of the government, out of one of the 1000s of private sectors. A disgruntled $10 an hourly Sat dish repairman..or one of the other millions of employees who was finally just fed up with the lie.

Also there is no big purpose. Can't be to squash religion, the government has already done that fairly well. Can't be for money, they can just blow it all they want and when things get tough, just blow up another wing of a government building that had all the "evidence", blame it on Isis and call it a day. Can't be to dumb is down, for they have more than enough programs for that and it has obviously been working like a charm. I mean even as I type this all I really want to do is find out how much jiggle Kim K's ass has at different elevations .

A conspiracy this big would have to have the ultimate end game, really would be the biggest conspiracy of all ages. What possibility could have an end game so rewarding to be worth this much trouble, not to mention be pulled off so well?

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2016, 05:30:11 PM »
Believe me, if I would have seen anything to tip me off towards a flat earth in my experience thus far I would be on all the flat earth YouTube videos. Hi I am, this is my company, this is who I have worked for, this is who my clients are or have been, and this is what I have seen. My life revolves around love, the spirit of servitude and truth. I could careless about money or anyone's agenda. I also love to design and build things, and design and build music lol. But that is another post, also I know people don't read all my long post as I have already said this stuff...but oh well:)

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2016, 05:41:01 PM »

Please post your scripture that says the earth is round. I will reply with the litany of scripture stating otherwise if you can.

geckothegeek

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2016, 05:57:52 PM »

Please post your scripture that says the earth is round. I will reply with the litany of scripture stating otherwise if you can.

I am no Bible Scholar but I have heard that "Circle"  can be translated as "Round" or "Sphere". Isaaiah 40:22.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 06:00:01 PM by geckothegeek »

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2016, 06:11:35 PM »

I am no Bible Scholar but I have heard that "Circle"  can be translated as "Round" or "Sphere". Isaaiah 40:22.

It could be, but it has become clear that the word used there in the Hebrew is more likened to the verb "encircle."

http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=4719.msg92289#msg92289

One major scripture I left out in that post was

Matthew 4:8 - Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.

Something that wouldn't be possible on a spherical earth, which if nothing else shows that even those first century authors viewed the earth as flat.

There is plenty of scripture about "the four corners" of the Earth. Where are the corners on a globe?

Offline BlueMoon

• NASA Defender
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2016, 06:24:16 PM »

It could be, but it has become clear that the word used there in the Hebrew is more likened to the verb "encircle."

Matthew 4:8 - Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.

Something that wouldn't be possible on a spherical earth, which if nothing else shows that even those first century authors viewed the earth as flat.

There is plenty of scripture about "the four corners" of the Earth. Where are the corners on a globe?
And where are the four corners of your flat earth? 

Have you not considered that it is one supernatural being showing another supernatural being the kingdoms of the earth (not necessarily all at once) from a hypothetical or figurative mountain?  Until you show me that it was a real, physical mountain that they were standing on, that had a close view of all the civilizations during the Roman Empire, don't try to use that scripture to support your idea of the earth's shape. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

geckothegeek

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2016, 06:26:56 PM »

You also have to understand that there are many metaphors such as this. And you also have to realize that this was written  in the language of that time for the people of that time for what they knew or could understand or comprehend at that time. There have also been errors in translations, especially into the English Language

If you take that "Four Corners" literally, it could be interpreted to mean that the earth was a square or a rectangle and not a circular disc ?

IF the earth was a flat disc ?  Where are the corners on the flat disc for that matter ?  Where are the corners on a circle ?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 06:38:37 PM by geckothegeek »

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 09:19:51 PM »

I have stated many times before that these must be taken in context, as well if it is metaphorical or not. I have explained this, however will not again, as I have learned people don't read long post.

Also there are sections in Job speaking of earth being a sphere held up by nothing, place in Isaiah and a few others. Simple fact the Bible didn't really care. Plus translation is always an issue especially the Hebrew text, I have spent years studying it and it's the most ass backwards(literally and figuratively) sound it out language, leaves much room for error.

Simple fact if it would have been important, Christ would have said "Verily I say to you, If any should say the world is a spinning ball, rebuke them for the truth is not in them" OR " Verily I say go you, when 1988 years pass from now and the flat earth society is erected, my Name will be involved. I say to you now, the truth is not with them". Neither of these exist.

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2016, 03:01:26 AM »
Simple fact if it would have been important, Christ would have said "Verily I say to you, If any should say the world is a spinning ball, rebuke them for the truth is not in them" OR " Verily I say go you, when 1988 years pass from now and the flat earth society is erected, my Name will be involved. I say to you now, the truth is not with them". Neither of these exist.
"The sky is blue." and "Water is wet." 

What possibility could have an end game so rewarding to be worth this much trouble, not to mention be pulled off so well?
The premise of your question is entirely wrong. 
It is NOT much trouble at all to keep the gag going. 

Who is having trouble?!?
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2016, 05:06:17 AM »
The premise of your question is entirely wrong. 
It is NOT much trouble at all to keep the gag going. 

Who is having trouble?!?

I apologize, but that is one of the most unintelligent retorts I have seen to this question. Possibly you mean something else and I have miss understood, I just can't think of any other possible way it could be taken.

Governments and people in power don't just do things as a "gag". If there is one thing that can be predicted to a fact with people such as that, there is one motivator...power, greed and extension of family lines.

So for something so big to include every first world nation, governments , plethora of cultures, 1000s of " fake" private sector jobs that employee a combined millions, and 1000s of Joe blow businesses like my company that have had association with those companies and get paid by them. This doesn't get into the bleed down effect of sectors that would have to be "fooled" to an extent such as aviation, nautical, broadcast ect.

So to be able to orchestrate this it would take the most genius, complex, perfectly executed plot of all human history. So for trillions of dollars, man hours, universal cooperation ect ect ect, there would have to be the biggest pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Something that I cannot think what it could be. They already have effective ways to steal, lie, control, dumb down and brain wash. So if the earth really is flat, there must be something indescribable to be gained for the trouble of hiding the truth.

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2016, 04:12:55 PM »
I have stated many times before that these must be taken in context, as well if it is metaphorical or not. I have explained this, however will not again, as I have learned people don't read long post.

Also there are sections in Job speaking of earth being a sphere held up by nothing, place in Isaiah and a few others. Simple fact the Bible didn't really care. Plus translation is always an issue especially the Hebrew text, I have spent years studying it and it's the most ass backwards(literally and figuratively) sound it out language, leaves much room for error.

Of course, it is all metaphorical. There really is no historical context to the bible, things didn't literally happen. Staffs weren't turned into snakes in Egypt... the Red Sea didn't part. However, it is understood that the authors, through divine inspiration, describe the World as flat, stationary and fixed in the universe.

The reason why it DOES matter, and IS important, is that we're being conditioned to accept present day cosmogony-- that a big bang occurred, life emerged through primordial soup, humankind evolved from a fish and then an ape-- as incontrovertible truth. We're being conditioned to accept that humanity itself, and each and every one of us, is the product of a happy accident, on a spinning ball, in a expanding universe full of spinning balls. We're being taught that we are insignificant amalgamations of dust on an insignificant amalgamation of dust, and that our existence itself is a strictly material, fleeting thing.

I don't believe you prescribe to that. Science has long been tending towards obfuscation, rather than enlightenment. There are metaphysical aspects of our existence that science has yet to be able to understand, or blatantly unwilling to understand. Science pretends to be a study of our natural world and our physical universe, but at all turns it seeks to remove God from the equation. Creation of our universe as an obvious example, origin of life as another. The accepted dogma of the big bang and evolution are faith-based pseudoscience at best, out right manipulation at worst.

Anything that confirms or pushes the agenda that life is nothing more than coincidental, meaningless, and strictly materialistic is to be examined and taken with a grain of salt. The fact that it is being taught as fact to our children is obvious evidence of a malevolent apparatus in control of our world. Our fears and prejudices are used against us, and we are distracted by shiny flashy material things with the implication what life is about. We are being divided in each and every way imaginable, causing hatred between neighbors. A wedge is constantly being driven between us and God, and in effect the truth of our existence.

A Godless society is easier to prey upon and manipulate. The adage resonates with me, "if you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything."
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 04:18:42 PM by TheTruthIsOnHere »

Offline BlueMoon

• NASA Defender
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2016, 12:35:24 AM »

Of course, it is all metaphorical. There really is no historical context to the bible, things didn't literally happen. Staffs weren't turned into snakes in Egypt... the Red Sea didn't part. However, it is understood that the authors, through divine inspiration, describe the World as flat, stationary and fixed in the universe.

The reason why it DOES matter, and IS important, is that we're being conditioned to accept present day cosmogony-- that a big bang occurred, life emerged through primordial soup, humankind evolved from a fish and then an ape-- as incontrovertible truth. We're being conditioned to accept that humanity itself, and each and every one of us, is the product of a happy accident, on a spinning ball, in a expanding universe full of spinning balls. We're being taught that we are insignificant amalgamations of dust on an insignificant amalgamation of dust, and that our existence itself is a strictly material, fleeting thing.

I don't believe you prescribe to that. Science has long been tending towards obfuscation, rather than enlightenment. There are metaphysical aspects of our existence that science has yet to be able to understand, or blatantly unwilling to understand. Science pretends to be a study of our natural world and our physical universe, but at all turns it seeks to remove God from the equation. Creation of our universe as an obvious example, origin of life as another. The accepted dogma of the big bang and evolution are faith-based pseudoscience at best, out right manipulation at worst.

Anything that confirms or pushes the agenda that life is nothing more than coincidental, meaningless, and strictly materialistic is to be examined and taken with a grain of salt. The fact that it is being taught as fact to our children is obvious evidence of a malevolent apparatus in control of our world. Our fears and prejudices are used against us, and we are distracted by shiny flashy material things with the implication what life is about. We are being divided in each and every way imaginable, causing hatred between neighbors. A wedge is constantly being driven between us and God, and in effect the truth of our existence.

A Godless society is easier to prey upon and manipulate. The adage resonates with me, "if you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything."

Well, I stand for NASA, which is something I know through decades of experience to be trustworthy.  Therefore, I don't have to worry about falling for the flat earth, which I know is impossible.  NASA is certainly not satanic.  How could it be?  Do you think they have mandatory weekly devil-worshiping ceremonies or something?  Of course not.  You probably already knew about the reading of Genesis on Apollo 8, but did you know that Buzz Aldrin took communion on the moon?  It was actually a very inspiring little ceremony.  Of course, NASA still was catching a whole lot of flak about the Genesis readings from some atheists who were whining about "atheist oppression" in America, so the communion ceremony wasn't able to be broadcast.  I think it's pretty clear that NASA wasn't the oppressor in that situation. 
I'm a Christian myself, and I used to be a steadfast Creationist until I saw just how feeble my side's arguments really were.  Then I realized that it doesn't matter how God created the earth and its inhabitants, because that was rendered inconsequential with Jesus' sacrifice.  Besides, God left plenty of evidence of creation behind, and that evidence points to a "Big Bang" as the origin of the known universe.  I highly doubt that God would intentionally try to mislead His people, and I think He still deserves praise for managing to create a universe that manages to function as a whole without constant intervention from Him. 
No, NASA does not have an anti-religious agenda.  NASA is made up of people from all religions who know and take pride in what they do, and hope to use their position and talents to advance mankind both on earth and abroad.  These people, humanity's best and brightest, would sure as hell notice if something was amiss, and they wouldn't take too kindly to being misled.  They aren't sheep, and they're not indoctrinated.  They don't need to be when the math all works out and the evidence speaks for itself.  If I could just give you a glimpse of how true I know it is, you would have no doubt.  That's what I'm trying to do. 
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2016, 06:28:45 AM »

This I can 100 percent absolutely agree with you. Every stage of our history God has tried to be deleted. Oppression has always been attempted, with holding of knowledge, freedom of thought and "dumbing" down. There has always been groups that have tried this, succeeded to an extend, yet thanks to the fact a few voices trying to take over could eventually be stopped it could never 100 percent florish. Thanks to just the sheer mechanics of the few versus the many, the law of averages would always prevail.

However, now thanks to technology, one voice has the power to reach all. It has given those whom wish us the worst the power to succeed, and they are marvellously. It has been happening for generations, however it's the fact they begin their attack basically as soon as we escape the womb.

Preventing freedom of thought, expression, knowledge, originality equals slavery and our demise. This is known by the ones whom are truly in power, the people whom control the governments that are nothing but shadows and rumors. Removal of God is always the first step, the governments and people in power step in to insert themselves as the new god. Look how the majority view science and government as god. Everything said is "fact" and there is no questioning it. Freedom of thought is lost, creativity, critical thinking and the entire sense of self is gone...you are just part of the machine.

This is no secret and has been attempted since the beginning of humans time. Yet this is the only time in history I could think they have an actual chance to accomplish and  sustain it this time.

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2016, 06:53:05 AM »

Oh forgot to say, yes there are many metaphors in the Bible, yet their are many that is not. Also no historical reference??? Every time someone has tried to prove it historically wrong it ends up backfiring. Sometimes it takes a century or two, but it never fails.

Offline BlueMoon

• NASA Defender
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2016, 07:46:41 AM »

This I can 100 percent absolutely agree with you. Every stage of our history God has tried to be deleted. Oppression has always been attempted, with holding of knowledge, freedom of thought and "dumbing" down. There has always been groups that have tried this, succeeded to an extend, yet thanks to the fact a few voices trying to take over could eventually be stopped it could never 100 percent florish. Thanks to just the sheer mechanics of the few versus the many, the law of averages would always prevail.

However, now thanks to technology, one voice has the power to reach all. It has given those whom wish us the worst the power to succeed, and they are marvellously. It has been happening for generations, however it's the fact they begin their attack basically as soon as we escape the womb.

Preventing freedom of thought, expression, knowledge, originality equals slavery and our demise. This is known by the ones whom are truly in power, the people whom control the governments that are nothing but shadows and rumors. Removal of God is always the first step, the governments and people in power step in to insert themselves as the new god. Look how the majority view science and government as god. Everything said is "fact" and there is no questioning it. Freedom of thought is lost, creativity, critical thinking and the entire sense of self is gone...you are just part of the machine.

This is no secret and has been attempted since the beginning of humans time. Yet this is the only time in history I could think they have an actual chance to accomplish and  sustain it this time.

Whose side are you on, babyhighspeed?  There are no shadow people controlling the governments.  Sure, they can be infuriating and boring  and inefficient, but that only serves to prove how mundane they are.  There is no conspiracy.  Especially not one concerning NASA. 
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2016, 08:50:51 AM »

Whose side are you on, babyhighspeed?  There are no shadow people controlling the governments.  Sure, they can be infuriating and boring  and inefficient, but that only serves to prove how mundane they are.  There is no conspiracy.  Especially not one concerning NASA.

I don't care about agenda or sides...only truth. Between every extreme the truth exist. You have the government lies about nothing (or NASA), and you have they lie about everything. In the middle somewhere is the truth in that. I think majority of "religion" is fueled by greed, power, agenda, and self interest. Just a form of control just like many forms of government control. However I believe in Yahweh and Yehushua as the ultimate truth. Some would say that is contradictory.

Flat earth...do I believe it flat, I feel it's highly unlikely. However, are these people reaching out because they feel there is something wrong and somebody is hiding something..yes. I just don't like putting things in a box of this group, that group. It's all about the search for truth for me, and usually that truth is never fully in each group because everyone tends to push for their own agenda. Usually the truth is in the outskirts somewhere, in the middle of many agendas.

As to the people pulling the strings, I absolutely believe there are people in the shadows. This is easy to find, just follow the money. People in love with power are inlove with money, so just follow the money and it will lead you to the people. An intelligent, educated, free thinking populous would thwart the attempt at maximum power and income.

Despite my opinion of who is responsible and why, you must admit it is a certain fact America is becoming an ignorant, arrogant, self worshiping, personal and finacially greed motivated, pussy footed unproductive country. Real heros being replaced by the caitlyn/bruce jenner robot. Freedom of thought and critical thinking is absolutely not tollerated. You are stoned to death if you do such a thing.

Even this movement, is there errors there? Too many to count, yet it is people at least trying to think for themselves, yet look at the amount of hate generated towards them (yes I know flat earthers act like 3 year olds at times), yet they aren't hurting anyone.. Yet they are treated like cancer by most.

This is cult mentality, not acceptance of different views or respect of the fellow man. So yes, i will agree with certain things from multiple groups? So in a way I am on no one's side( I support no agenda), yet I am on everyone's side (my main focus in life is Yahweh, Love, and the spirit of servitude..so I truly want to find the truth for my fellow man's sake). All the other stuff I do is just filler in between.

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2016, 01:50:27 PM »
I don't care about agenda or sides...only truth. Between every extreme the truth exist.

That's only statistically likely, but not true in the sense that it follows from reason. There is no rule that says the universe cannot be extreme.

I think majority of "religion" is fueled by greed, power, agenda, and self interest. Just a form of control just like many forms of government control. However I believe in Yahweh and Yehushua as the ultimate truth. Some would say that is contradictory.

I suppose that depends on your definition of "ultimate truth". Belief in a highest being isn't irrational, though many specific claims about such beings are.

Flat earth...do I believe it flat, I feel it's highly unlikely.

What do you mean you "believe" it flat? The word is very poorly defined when it comes to opinions about empirical reality.

However, are these people reaching out because they feel there is something wrong and somebody is hiding something..yes. I just don't like putting things in a box of this group, that group. It's all about the search for truth for me, and usually that truth is never fully in each group because everyone tends to push for their own agenda. Usually the truth is in the outskirts somewhere, in the middle of many agendas.

Yet feelings can be a bad adviser when it comes to the search or truth. Many flaws in human reasoning are ultimately based on feelings.

Even this movement, is there errors there? Too many to count, yet it is people at least trying to think for themselves, yet look at the amount of hate generated towards them (yes I know flat earthers act like 3 year olds at times), yet they aren't hurting anyone.. Yet they are treated like cancer by most.

Trying to think for themselves? Not really. That would involve having actual honest debate, trying to refine your arguments, reading what other smart people have thought before you. That isn't happening.

This is cult mentality, not acceptance of different views or respect of the fellow man.

The fellow man can command respect by his nature, his opinion cannot. A statement of fact needs to actually be true in order to be respected.